Dollar for Calculator app!

Search This thread

azpatterson3

Jun 8, 2011
St. Louis
my sentiments exactly...:laugh:

Please buy the app. I have enough programing experience to know its not terribly difficult. Just a matter of getting familiar with the android wearable sdk enviroment with samsung Tizen. When time allows, I will certainly be playing around with it. Maybe I will make an app that has your gear say "Hello World" and charge a dollar. If you want to pay for that, great! Just saying, I won't.
You are going to see the app development for Tizen and gear explode over the next couple of months and there will be some app development worth paying money for and I am excited about that. But an early calc app that is just put on there for a dollar because there is nothing else, isn't worth it to me. If it is to you, Great. And it's not about the dollar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527

Last edited:

markbc01

Dec 5, 2011
Pacific Grove, CA
I bought the app...

It works, I even used it at a restaurant! However, would be even nicer if the readout display were about twice the size, but it still works....

I think many, if not most, of us would support developers, but it's a bit frustrating being ahead of the development curve with this device...

Sent from my SM-N900S using XDA Premium HD app

crcpeach

Dec 4, 2012
Lexington
I bought the app..unfortunately, I cannot get it to install on my Gear. My Note 3 days "Installing" indefinitely. I literally have to reboot in order for it to stop.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Dvyn

Oct 4, 2013
Please buy the app. I have enough programing experience to know its not terribly difficult. Just a matter of getting familiar with the android wearable sdk enviroment with samsung Tizen. When time allows, I will certainly be playing around with it. Maybe I will make an app that has your gear say "Hello World" and charge a dollar. If you want to pay for that, great! Just saying, I won't.
You are going to see the app development for Tizen and gear explode over the next couple of months and there will be some app development worth paying money for and I am excited about that. But an early calc app that is just put on there for a dollar because there is nothing else, isn't worth it to me. If it is to you, Great. And it's not about the dollar

Guess I would if I had a gear wearable... Will get one and try the app... Am intrigued...

agonysfate

Feb 16, 2012
WoW
Good to you guys...
A normal monthly fee in Hungary ~700 USD...
Gear 2 Neo price is not $199, but $312!
Gear 2 is not $299, but $446!

Bought G2 Neo here in Iraq Yesterday n cost me $195
$196 with transportation :D
I ask the retailer What's that ( I point on IR blaster ) and he said "Its the speaker" lol :cyclops:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its all about opportunity. I'm not ever going to spend 2$ on a watchface, but suply x - demand xxxxxxxxxxx and as long as it stays like that, there will be more and more basic apps for a premium price

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah, makes sense... they have had a lot of people buy them already. So hey if you can succeed at it, I guess touche.

But I submitted my calculator! Hopefully it gets approved... first app I have ever submitted. See if it goes through...
    So you want Samsung to develop free apps for you because you paid $199 for the watch?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some... yes. A calculator should be stock. What's with the attitudes on here today? If they are going to compete with android, they are going to want to develop a lot more apps.

P.s. And over the years, I have given them a couple of thousand. I've been very loyal to samsung.

You can sideload apps, it's just that there are no apps to sideload. I'm sure samsung will provide us with a a calculator just as they provided a sleep app which wasn't available before the weekend

I do accept polish_pat's point too. There will be a free calculator, more watch faces and more. . . everything. Hopefully many created by outside devs that we can side load. But waiting is really, really frustrating.

An OS is nothing without a community behind it. You can have the best, most efficient, smooth and gorgeous OS but its simply sucks if there is no one to code for it (aka windows mobile) This watch is Tizen's first serious market entry, so of course it sucks, for now, but remember that the king of mobile gadgets is behind it and it will eventually be something great. We are the pioneers of Tizen, we are paving the way for the future. Tizen is a good opportunity for any dev to have a fresh, new and especially easy revenue stream. I mean a guy coded a freakin simple calculator app and sold it for 1$. I'm sure that by the end of May, he will make at least a couple grand on something that any dev can code in under 1h. Same goes for any other app. If i were a dev, I'd jump on this opportunity of knowing this is a new emerging market that has a very serious bunch of backers (Open handset alliance) and within a year, there will be at least a couple hundreds of thousands of devices just screaming for 3rd party apps. And although a calculator might not be something that someone would spend a dollar on, there are many, many other simple apps that people would pay for. As an example, porting a T1 wrinting input that would allow us to write something directly on the watch