[GUIDE, Falcon] How to install Windows CE 5.0 on Motorola Moto G

Search This thread

SoxasoraRT

Sep 29, 2013
Hi Guys, i'm a new user here (i'm italian so sorry for my bad english) and i want to share you how to install Windows CE 5.0 on Motorola Moto G. :silly:
Wikipedia:
Windows CE 5.0 was first released on July 09, 2004. Like its predecessors, Windows CE 5.0 is marketed towards the embedded device market and independent device vendors. Windows CE 5.0 is billed as a low-cost, compact, fast-to-market, real-time operating system available for x86, ARM, MIPS, and SuperH microprocessor-based systems. Windows CE 5.0 builds on previous Windows CE releases in its adoption of shared source. Since 2001, Microsoft has been steadily expanding the available Windows CE source tree with embedded system developers. Windows CE 5.0 is the most open Microsoft Operating System to date, though not all of the system is available under shared source agreements. Developers have the freedom to modify down to the kernel level, without the need to share their changes with Microsoft or competitors.

Windows CE 5.x is the base OS for Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5. On the x86 platform, Windows CE 5.0 competes against Microsoft's other embedded Operating Systems, Windows XP Embedded and its predecessor Windows NT Embedded.

This guide can take 5/6 minutes.
Requirements:
- Motorola Moto G (obviously)
- At least 30/50 mb of free space
- Bochs 2.5.1.apk [LINK]
- SDL ZIP [LINK]
- Windows CE Image 800x600 [LINK]

If the phone overheats, explodes, kills your kitten, turn on your TV and blah blah blah is not my responsibility. Is just your fault. ;)

Guide with GIFs (if needed):
1. Download SDL.zip
2. Download Bochs 2.5.1.apk
3. Download Windows CE Image
4. Extract SDL.zip to a folder that you can open like that screen:
88t00.gif

5. Connect the Moto G at your PC and go to the root of your Internal Storage (the moto g cannot have sdcard :crying:)
6. Copy SDL Folder from the folder of Step 4 to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
7. Copy Bochs 2.5.1.apk from Downloads to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
8. Copy Windows CE Image from Downloads to the SDL Folder at the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
9. Install Bochs 2.5.1.apk from a File Manager like ES File Manager
10. Open Bochs and Wait! :D

You can use Volume Buttons for left click and right click and Back Button = Backspace, Holding Menu Button = Keyboard

Thanks ;) :silly:

Last edited:

SoxasoraRT

Sep 29, 2013
Do windows apps work on windows ce?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 utilizzando Tapatalk

Bochs is a x86 Emulator, but Windows CE is designed for Internet. This is just an experiment. Soon i will release a guide for Windows 95 and 98 so all can install x86 apps.. but is slow i don't recommend that

Sorry for Bad english :silly:

Reactions: Sammy854

HeroFly

Jun 28, 2014
Great!!! thx :good::good:

Anybody could tell me how to run an . Exe with the emulator?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys, i'm a new user here (i'm italian so sorry for my bad english) and i want to share you how to install Windows CE 5.0 on Motorola Moto G. :silly:
    Wikipedia:
    Windows CE 5.0 was first released on July 09, 2004. Like its predecessors, Windows CE 5.0 is marketed towards the embedded device market and independent device vendors. Windows CE 5.0 is billed as a low-cost, compact, fast-to-market, real-time operating system available for x86, ARM, MIPS, and SuperH microprocessor-based systems. Windows CE 5.0 builds on previous Windows CE releases in its adoption of shared source. Since 2001, Microsoft has been steadily expanding the available Windows CE source tree with embedded system developers. Windows CE 5.0 is the most open Microsoft Operating System to date, though not all of the system is available under shared source agreements. Developers have the freedom to modify down to the kernel level, without the need to share their changes with Microsoft or competitors.

Windows CE 5.x is the base OS for Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5. On the x86 platform, Windows CE 5.0 competes against Microsoft's other embedded Operating Systems, Windows XP Embedded and its predecessor Windows NT Embedded.

This guide can take 5/6 minutes.
    Requirements:
    - Motorola Moto G (obviously)
    - At least 30/50 mb of free space
    - Bochs 2.5.1.apk [LINK]
    - SDL ZIP [LINK]
    - Windows CE Image 800x600 [LINK]

If the phone overheats, explodes, kills your kitten, turn on your TV and blah blah blah is not my responsibility. Is just your fault. ;)

Guide with GIFs (if needed):
    1. Download SDL.zip
    2. Download Bochs 2.5.1.apk
    3. Download Windows CE Image
    4. Extract SDL.zip to a folder that you can open like that screen:
    88t00.gif

5. Connect the Moto G at your PC and go to the root of your Internal Storage (the moto g cannot have sdcard :crying:)
    6. Copy SDL Folder from the folder of Step 4 to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
    7. Copy Bochs 2.5.1.apk from Downloads to the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
    8. Copy Windows CE Image from Downloads to the SDL Folder at the root of the Internal Storage of Moto G
    9. Install Bochs 2.5.1.apk from a File Manager like ES File Manager
    10. Open Bochs and Wait! :D

You can use Volume Buttons for left click and right click and Back Button = Backspace, Holding Menu Button = Keyboard

Thanks ;) :silly:
    thanks work perfectly. one qus can i possible run kali linux with same process..?
    Do windows apps work on windows ce?

Inviato dal mio XT1032 utilizzando Tapatalk

Bochs is a x86 Emulator, but Windows CE is designed for Internet. This is just an experiment. Soon i will release a guide for Windows 95 and 98 so all can install x86 apps.. but is slow i don't recommend that

Sorry for Bad english :silly:
    i think you can't. If I remember correct from my psp days bochs is just a windows emulator

ohhhhhh ok but nice Guide how to install windows CE 5.0 on motorola falcon.