Samsung Releases 4.3 for AT&T SGH-i747

Search This thread

ghanson

Apr 23, 2012
I've been running stock 4.1.2 on my AT&T SGH-i747 but it won't work with Bluetooth Smart devices. I saw that CyanogenMod has a 4.3 for the SGH-i747 and people were successfully using a Polar H7 heart rate monitor.
Thus began my journey into rooting the phone since it seemingly took forever for AT&T to come out with 4.1.2 (from 4.1.1).
I used ChainFire's excellent CF-Auto-Root and was searching for the stock 4.1.2 ROM before loading CM when I found, on Samsung's website, that they have released Jelly Bean 4.3.

Go to Samsung's US Support website and search for "AT&T Cell Phones: How do I update my Samsung Galaxy S® III (AT&T) to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?"

(I can't post the link because I'm new here.)

I'm installing it onto my phone as I write this message.

I still plan to root for Titanium Backup, et al, but figured the link could help some other newbies out there.

Greg

ghanson

Apr 23, 2012
I have been around the Android forum section and see that I was late to the party regarding the 4.3 OTA release. However, this thread should be easy for newbies to find and hopefully it will help them get started.

Newbies: go to the Android forums on this site and search for instructions on rooting your SGH-i747 4.3 OTA. There are a number of threads. I used ChainFire's CF-Auto-Root which you can also find in a forum search.