Galaxy Note 3 red line on white wallpaper

Search This thread

skyspot

Mar 29, 2014
Hi! i noticed my Note 3 has a red / purple line on the bottom of the screen,i see it when access *#0*# menu. Is like a red/purple very thin shadow, seen on White background. Is a AMOLED "feature" ? ;) You have that on your Note 3?

Attachments

• SANY0473.JPG
    SANY0473.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 677

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
mine doesn't have anything like that, very uniform white, top to bottom. Could the screen be miss aligned and the very last row of green subpixels too low to be visible to offset red blue and therefore giving red/purple hue? But since it's on the very bottom I wouldn't worry about it too much even if I had it.

Reactions: skyspot

ReNeH99

Feb 19, 2013
Frankfurt am Main
It is because the PenTile technology.
There are 2 green subpixels, but just 1 blue and 1 red subpixel for each pixel. i have that line too, but its more like purple for me

vap_66

Jun 12, 2011
I can notice it too, but only if I'm looking for it. It's not an issue in day to day usage.

skyspot

Mar 29, 2014
The diamond PenTile matrix is responsable for some chromatic aberation. As said ReNeH99, the two green subpixels are to blame. For example, if you look very carefully at the top of the display on white wallpaper, you see the first row of pixels are fade in green/blue shadow, but less vissible then the lower red/purple fade.
I attached the pen tile matrix used in Note 3 display.

Attachments

• samsung-galaxy-note-3.jpg
    samsung-galaxy-note-3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: ReNeH99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I have that. As far as I know, that's perfectly ordinary when you're having a LED display showing a white screen..
    mine doesn't have anything like that, very uniform white, top to bottom. Could the screen be miss aligned and the very last row of green subpixels too low to be visible to offset red blue and therefore giving red/purple hue? But since it's on the very bottom I wouldn't worry about it too much even if I had it.
    I can see that too its very thin and disappears in a while

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005
    It is because the PenTile technology.
    There are 2 green subpixels, but just 1 blue and 1 red subpixel for each pixel. i have that line too, but its more like purple for me
    I can notice it too, but only if I'm looking for it. It's not an issue in day to day usage.