[MOD] NFC on screenoff and lockscreen - Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile

Search This thread

StephanSch

Dec 24, 2007
Berlin
I modified the NfcNci.apk of different bases and ROMs to offer you the ability to use the NFC chip of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5 not only while you are active but also while the screen is off and/or while the lockscreen is shown.

You have three options when to use NFC:
  • lockscreen and screen off
  • lockscreen
  • unlocked

USAGE
  1. Rename the attachment to NfcNci.apk
  2. Backup your /system/app/NfcNci.apk and NfcNci.dex (if existing)
  3. Delete /system/app/NfcNci.dex (if existing)
  4. Replace the original in /system/app - to keep permission use adb:
    • adb remount
    • adb push NfcNci.apk /system/app
  5. Reboot phone (adb reboot)
  6. Disable NFC
  7. Enable NFC

The compatibility depends on the framework/base. If your ROM has the same specifications like one existing you can use the posted.
If none of the version work (test it!) make an Feature Request

Changelog

19.05.2014 - thread opened with Stock 4.4.2/Project Infinity

Download
Please don't forget to thank if it works, if not we will make it work.

XDA:DevDB Information
NFC on screenoff and lockscreen - Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile, Tool/Utility for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
StephanSch

Version Information

Created 2014-05-19
Last Updated 2014-05-19

fluffyp990

Aug 30, 2008
Hi, can you make this mod for samsum galaxy s5 international (SM-G900F).
I would be grateful.
Thank you

dustintinsley

Jun 14, 2013
2 questions.

1) does it effect battery life if you have it so you can use nfc with screen off
2) can this not be done with Wanam? I see the option, just not sure if it actually works thru Wanam.

StephanSch

Dec 24, 2007
Berlin
Hi, can you make this mod for samsum galaxy s5 international (SM-G900F).
I would be grateful.
Thank you

Hi. Excuse the delay, I forgot to set the notification for this thread.

Did you try the version from op? I don't think t-mobile is using much different framework, so it could work.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

StephanSch

Dec 24, 2007
Berlin
2 questions.

1) does it effect battery life if you have it so you can use nfc with screen off
2) can this not be done with Wanam? I see the option, just not sure if it actually works thru Wanam.

1) For sure but I haven't read of anybody that it is noticeable.

2) I don't know Wanam. If you prefer it use it. There are also other Xposed mods for some time. I don't know how these mods implement the functionality but I know that the S5 has a much different NFC implementation than other devices i.e. because they handle the usage with the S View Cover.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ShortRound51

Sep 12, 2011
I modified the NfcNci.apk of different bases and ROMs to offer you the ability to use the NFC chip of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 5 not only while you are active but also while the screen is off and/or while the lockscreen is shown.

Stephen, can you describe what you changed in the nfcnci.apk for this modification? I do not think your modification would work with my ROM and would like to make the modification on my own. Thanks!

triplenine

Sep 30, 2010
Has anyone tried this on G900A? What are the repercussions if it does not work on the phone? Can the original functionality be recovered easily?

ppchotman19

Feb 7, 2010
NFC for lollipop 5.0

Hello StephanSch,
Could u make [MOD] NFC on screenoff and lockscreen - Samsung Galaxy S5 for lollipop 5.0. I've donated some & willing to donate even more money.
Thank you.:good:

Top Liked Posts