[KERNEL][4.4.x] Xceed™ [Synapse]

Search This thread

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
Fresh install of bld 5 w/o flashing ur reset kernel and all is well. Fwiw and I know that's not much, could busybox have anything to do with how a system might boot up? I mean a rooted system? And would 2 copies of busybox being installed on a system cause a confliction on a kernel? Or am I way off base?

sent from my DNA

could be..my busybox for the kernel is just a light version as of there are versions compiled with more instructions built in..well including a bigger one will make the zip big for which i am uncomfortable as for some reason that my Internet here in PH is somehow "Cheap" compared to yours..the smaller for me the better..

@xXminiWHOOPERxX
Thanks Mate!!!!!!
to all..Yeah thanks for the hostility yet you are somehow getting a picture through me..now who else would OC GPU to 450??

Last edited:
Reactions: iHateWebOS

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa
to all..Yeah thanks for the hostility yet you are somehow getting a picture through me..now who else would OC GPU to 450??

? What do you mean?

Edit: ohhhh your saying I copied you? I didn't know you had GPU @ 450 till just now. Also I made my changes based on faux123's commits(from 8 months ago) https://github.com/faux123/htc-m7/commit/84549415a9eab8ed926d87e32fef0a9f7cde5b27 , not whatever you did. Please stop being bitter, it's kind of immature to say I'm copying you. There's over 300,000 commits from devs around the world that make up the Linux kernel. Maybe those devs should accuse us both of copying huh?

Edit2: are you really watching my git repo to make sure you notice if I use a commit you made? Wow... Lolz

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JeromeLeung

Jun 10, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OMG Viper hates me..can you dump me a log..like let it bootloop 2 times..on 3rd boot go to TWRP recovery(must be) then on its file manager grab the last_kmsg from /proc..then send it here..also Jerome can you send me a stock Viper boot.img..its a M8 port if i am not mistaken.. :eek:
Finally back home. Here's the last_kmsg! Sorry it took so long ^^'

Attachments

• last_kmsg.rar
    26.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: kairi_zeroblade

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
well hard to tell either..i asked Viper Dev if he had some stuff pre-baked on boot or the likes never got an answer..i showed him my old install script incase it deletes some stuff..i examined the boot.img its all bone stock..

edit:
do you still have issues on cpufreq not sticking??

i had an extended weekend off from work and havent been by a computer much to really answer anything (besides a few minutes here and there)

the current versions of viper rom use the stock zimage from the 4.xx verizon ota, and the ramdisk is virtually stock minus a few changes for init.d and some other minor stuff...nothing that should interfere with flashing another kernel

as for our init.d scripts...they cannot/shouldnt be deleted by a kernel as some of our tweaks interfaces are set from there as well...

specifically 98checksettings which executes venom superuser and venomsoundehancer as well as venom_functions

im sorry if users of the rom are complaining about issues, but i didnt do anything different on this version of the rom that i havent done since back on sense4+ in terms of setup, and custom kernels were always fine before (aside from me not directly supporting them and their interfaces)

as for my trying the kernel and it not booting, i didnt grab a kmsg as i downloaded the kernel and flashed it while sitting around in the waiting room at a doctors office, so i wasnt near a terminal to do so...and really didnt have the time to reflash it later on to grab a log

Reactions: JeromeLeung

kairi_zeroblade

Feb 10, 2011
i had an extended weekend off from work and havent been by a computer much to really answer anything (besides a few minutes here and there)

the current versions of viper rom use the stock zimage from the 4.xx verizon ota, and the ramdisk is virtually stock minus a few changes for init.d and some other minor stuff...nothing that should interfere with flashing another kernel

as for our init.d scripts...they cannot/shouldnt be deleted by a kernel as some of our tweaks interfaces are set from there as well...

specifically 98checksettings which executes venom superuser and venomsoundehancer as well as venom_functions

im sorry if users of the rom are complaining about issues, but i didnt do anything different on this version of the rom that i havent done since back on sense4+ in terms of setup, and custom kernels were always fine before (aside from me not directly supporting them and their interfaces)

as for my trying the kernel and it not booting, i didnt grab a kmsg as i downloaded the kernel and flashed it while sitting around in the waiting room at a doctors office, so i wasnt near a terminal to do so...and really didnt have the time to reflash it later on to grab a log

there's my issue thanks for clarifying this out..should get fixed on a version to be released tonight as i have work for tomorrow and cant attend to matters here..

edit:
tentative..still testing out a few more stuff..

edit2
new builds up..

for next wave of updates:
-faux sound..this does not break LPA even with audio boosted..so its a GO for me..
-i noticed that the pm8921 charger module does not have a bypass for fast charger detection unlike the smb349(correct me if i am mistaken..) so will try to add fast charge
-custom thermal for lockless builds??

Last edited:

JeromeLeung

Jun 10, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just flashed build 5 after installing NuSense Six. No issues booting up, but Synapse says "No UCI support detected" when I launch it. I've updated busybox and reinstalled supersu but no luck. How did you guys fix this?
Edit: flashing build 4 fixed it for me. After that I flashed build 6 and it worked.
Edit2: getting random reboots and occasional boot loops. Not entirely sure why.

Last edited:

JeromeLeung

Jun 10, 2013
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Finally got it working. Here are some screenshots!
fc5e9df55e3e878924a6dd0ec500ac1b.jpg
dd1bc6c2c7463f28c5f93f9f4d1086d1.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XCeed.png

OT Discussions are allowed(healthy way to help and get help on forums) just make sure noone gets ahead of themselves and forgets this is a development thread..you are all entitled to your own opinion just be respectful and always remember that you are on XDA..to our dear mods any discussion that destroys the credibility of my hard work or any post that may be disrespectful in nature can be considered offensive and is subject to your moderation..

...​

**Snapdragon™ is a registered trademark owned by Qualcomm Technologies Inc.
    **Synapse™ is a registered trademark owned by @Andreilux
    **Xceed Logo™ is created by @fareed_extreme

Ok I know I could Google it but that's why I love this DNA community, could someone please explain (generalized of course) what's the difference between anykernel and ramdisk?

sent from my DNA

An "anykernel installer" loads your existing boot.img (kernel that you were previously running), unpacks it to extract the ramdisk and then packs up a new boot.img with the new kernel that you are installing and your existing ramdisk and then flashes that. That way you change the kernel but leave the ramdisk that was installed as part of the ROM.
    OMG i cook those and its epic..i end up not tasting my own recipe once its on the table..

on a side note..throw me some logs guys..just let it bootloop twice and grab the last_kmgs from twrp.. :D please.. :D

Edit:
    OH Come on Guys..should i be begging for your cooperation if you want to improve this??just s simple peek on logs..
    I've got the logs let me get to a computer and i'll post them. XDA isn't mobile upload friendly.
    EDIT--- I improvised with AFH: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963977
    Why not use a anykernel installer so you won't have to worry about ramdisk compatibility. Pulls ROMs boot image and inserts your zimage.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    New build is up..made me bleed(all parts that can bleed)..lolz..

edit:
    -updated FAQ as well..added Howto's for the Hotplug..should at least give you your best Mileage if you know how to tame it if course..

edit1
    2z99qwh.png

OMG..more bleeding..tester was using one of my test ordinary builds on Stock OTA..he slept and left the Phone idle.. :D