[EXT3] ARCDroid V5 [TIMESCAPE + WIDGETS] [20/2/12]

Search This thread

jerrytan93

Oct 10, 2010
hi ,

i tried your arcdroid in my x1 .
it's a cool man .
but in the market , i log in in mu gmail . after that the phone is reboot .
and i run haret again , the signal it's none . and the phone is stuck .
andthen i restart again , i look at my WM my signal is full . and after that i run haret again , and you know what , the phone is stuck in first page android .
can you tell me how to fix it ?

before that , i format my sd card , and format all partition , copy all of file arcdroid again , and go to first step again , until finish step , i click haret , stuck in loading arcdroid .
can you help me to fix this ??

Have you install the GAPPS.zip before you using gmail?

Reactions: reza3310

jerrytan93

Oct 10, 2010
yeah . i had .

First time i'm follow your instruction in the page one . but still stuck .
and now i can get in to android . stuck in the lock menu .

Hmm.. I assume that your ROM have been modified by yourself or something wrong with the zip file.. can you try to redownload my build and make a fresh install? My build should not have any problem except camera.. ;)

neonerodante

Feb 21, 2010
i had try using this step .
1. Format SDcard To 4 Partitions :
- 1st partition: FAT32 (SDcard / Rest)
- 2nd partition: EXT3 (System / about 150 MB )
- 3rd partition: EXT3 (Data / about 250 MB)
- 4th partition: EXT3 (Cache / about 100 MB)

* Make sure all partitions are set to PRIMARY

2. Extract the Package then copy [npkboot] folder to root of SDcard

3. Copy [ARCDroid V5.zip] to root of SDcard without extraction

4. Run Haret and wait until the screen show 'Press Volume Down shortly To Launch ClockworkMod Recovery', press Volume Down button

5. While In Recovery menu, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select ARCDroid V5.zip'

6. After finish installing the build, return to main menu >> Reboot phone

7. Run Haret, this time let the phone boot into Android completely. After that, reboot your phone

8. Run Haret, go into CWM Recovery, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select 'ARCDroid GAPPS.zip'

9. After finish install, reboot phone

10. Run HARET and leave it to continue booting into Android, you are done

and result it's same . stuck a.k.a freeze again in the lock screen .
i'm wanna android in my X1 . :mad:

mandar2154

Feb 1, 2010
nice work

picture.php
picture.php

Hey guys, I'm proud to present to you all my second custom Android build, I call it ARCDroid.

This build is based on my first Android build SenseDroid, and heavily themed by me to make it Xperia Arc-like style.

*What's in the build:

-TimeScape
- Track ID
- Wifi Tether
- FULL Arabic support
- Xperia Arc-like theme
- Xperia Arc style lock screen
- Xperia Arc Widgets and stuff
- All the features that have in SenseDroid

*For your information:

- Youtube can only play non-HQ video
- System will be slower when first time boot into Android:
- Open all apps, then reboot your phone
- TimeScape widget is working, BUT the TimeScape app in app drawer is not working. However you still can connect Timescape with Facebook and Twitter
- I will using EXT3 system starting from V5

*Important:

- First time boot into Android, go to 'Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > uncheck Data Enabled'. VERY IMPORTANT
- DO NOT install GAPPS directly after finish installing the build or else you will get a serious problem
- NEVER try to sync your phone with Google before installing GAPPS or else you will get serious problem
- Wifi have to switch on before booting Android or else you will get error message
- Silent the phone before booting Android so that you will have sound in Android
- Charge your phone before booting Android so that you can charge your phone in Android
- Go to Setting > Location & Security > Check 'Use wireless networks' so that you can use your GPS
- Do not use 'Infinite mode' and Timescape in app drawer because they will force close.

*Installing Instructions:

4. Run Haret and wait until the screen show 'Press Volume Down shortly To Launch ClockworkMod Recovery', press Volume Down button

5. While In Recovery menu, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select ARCDroid V5.zip'

7. Run Haret, this time let the phone boot into Android completely. After that, reboot your phone

8. Run Haret, go into CWM Recovery, choose " install zip from SD card >> choose zip from sdcard >> select 'ARCDroid GAPPS.zip'

*Huge Thanks to:

- Needo
- Midnight
- Neopeek
- myth999
- XDAndroid
- Russell.Eclair for making those beautiful banner
- Myself :p

*WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU APPRECIATE MY WORK:

- CLICK the Thanks Button

- RATE THIS BUILD

- Use my banner on top of the post to become your avatar

- BUY ME A COFFEE

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) FROM Multiupload

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS

Screenshot:

View attachment 744116 View attachment 744117 View attachment 739806 View attachment 739807 View attachment 739808 View attachment 746493 View attachment 746494 View attachment 746498

nice work yaar,....
but I hav some problems..
how to sync my outlook contacts in arcdroid v5?
and also tell me about syncing msgs also....
camera & bluetooth is not working also....
pls help....
thnx ....

mandar2154

Feb 1, 2010
pls do smthng

pls do something for that....
I really neeed that one....
for msging app & contacts...I wanna use arcdroid regularly....
pls help.....
thnx a lot...

raffe

Dec 2, 2005
I can't "DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) FROM Multiupload", my browser can't find the page. Could it be my Internet or is this same for you?

dizzydizzyme

Oct 4, 2009
hello sir jerrytan93! thanks for your effort to breathe some life on this old but great device. :) i have a question though, i successfully installed arcdroid (along with windows 6.1) and also tried icedroid which is pretty neat but for some reason icedroid was really slow unlike arcdroid which feels really smooth. was it just me? :(

jerrytan93

Oct 10, 2010
hello sir jerrytan93! thanks for your effort to breathe some life on this old but great device. :) i have a question though, i successfully installed arcdroid (along with windows 6.1) and also tried icedroid which is pretty neat but for some reason icedroid was really slow unlike arcdroid which feels really smooth. was it just me? :(

it's not only you.. it happened to everyone else that using NAND, no matter is pure CM7 or my IceDroid.. it looks like when using NAND we are getting less free RAM (I get 60MB MAX) compare with CWM (120MB++).. and I believe it was the kernel that controlling this.. :cool:

we are getting the first NAND ROM not longer than a year, and CWM was developed for few years until achieving such stability and functionally today.. hope you all get what I mean.. ;)

Reactions: dizzydizzyme

dizzydizzyme

Oct 4, 2009
got it! :D i was just making sure that i did it correctly and did not miss anything on the install. thanks a lot really for sharing your talent! :)

go_insane1981

Mar 28, 2012
Now you got some time left while not working on your NAND maybe its time for a update on your ArcDroid?

Maybe an idea to put gen.y dualboot in it?

Duckly's turbo-kernel is a good 1 to use maybe?

Sent from my Xperia X1 using XDA

Last edited:

moussm

Sep 24, 2006
marseille
Install problems

Hello jerrytan93 !! frist of all thanks for your great job !! Its amazing to make this possible on a WinMo native device ;-)

But i have a little problem with your builds =( I made the EXT3 partitions I named them like its explained on the first topic.

All seems fine except that the phone hang on the start-up animation , the animation plays and plays ,stops sometimes and resume after a few seconds and I'm waiting for 15 min (at the time of writing)

Anyway there is a file I can modify for your build to install on my phone ?

I'm so frustrated cause I wanted to test your builds but sencedroid have the same bug for me, so i'm stuck...Please help !! =D

PS/ Sorry for my english I hope that I was understandable enough lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php
    picture.php

Hey guys, I'm proud to present to you all my second custom Android build, I call it ARCDroid.

This build is based on my first Android build SenseDroid, and heavily themed by me to make it Xperia Arc-like style.

*What's in the build:

-TimeScape
    - Track ID
    - Wifi Tether
    - FULL Arabic support
    - Xperia Arc-like theme
    - Xperia Arc style lock screen
    - Xperia Arc Widgets and stuff
    - All the features that have in SenseDroid

*For your information:

- Youtube can only play non-HQ video
    - System will be slower when first time boot into Android:
    - Open all apps, then reboot your phone
    - TimeScape widget is working, BUT the TimeScape app in app drawer is not working. However you still can connect Timescape with Facebook and Twitter
    - I will using EXT3 system starting from V5

*Important:

- First time boot into Android, go to 'Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > uncheck Data Enabled'. VERY IMPORTANT
    - DO NOT install GAPPS directly after finish installing the build or else you will get a serious problem
    - NEVER try to sync your phone with Google before installing GAPPS or else you will get serious problem
    - Wifi have to switch on before booting Android or else you will get error message
    - Silent the phone before booting Android so that you will have sound in Android
    - Charge your phone before booting Android so that you can charge your phone in Android
    - Go to Setting > Location & Security > Check 'Use wireless networks' so that you can use your GPS
    - Do not use 'Infinite mode' and Timescape in app drawer because they will force close.

-Wifi Tether:
    1. Launch Wifi-Tether
    2. Go to "Settings".
    3. Then go to "Change Device-Profile" and choose HTC Desire (GSM) and start tethering.
    4. Without stop tethering go again to "Settings> Change Device-Profile> and choose HTC Dream.
    5. Now stop tethering and start again.
    If Wifi Tether not working, use File Manager and go to /system/apps/choose 'Wifi_Tether' and reinstall again

- Market Problem (' Apps not compatible'):

- Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > All > Market > 'Clear Data' and then 'Uninstall updates'

- To disable Market Updater so that the Market will not updating itself to the latest version (buggy version):

---> Download Terminal Emulator in the Market
    ---> Type the following command in the terminal emulator:
    ---> su *PRESS ENTER*
    ---> pm disable com.android.vending.updater *PRESS ENTER AGAIN*

- Hardware key doesnt light up:
    ---> Go to brightness control, select other brightness value, then the light will turn on

- 3G function for some users:
    ---> Go to Settings > wireless networks > mobile network > APN
    ---> If there is nothing in APN then you have to set your own APN---> Press 'Menu' button then add new.

*Installing Instructions:

*Huge Thanks to:

- Needo
    - Midnight
    - Neopeek
    - myth999
    - XDAndroid
    - Russell.Eclair for making those beautiful banner
    - Myself :p

*WHAT CAN YOU DO IF YOU APPRECIATE MY WORK:

- CLICK the Thanks Button

- RATE THIS BUILD

- Use my banner on top of the post to become your avatar

- BUY ME A COFFEE

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) HERE

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid V5 (EXT3) FROM FTP SERVER

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS

Screenshot:

snap20111008_214906.jpg snap20111008_211215.png snap20111004_203135.jpg snap20111004_184112.jpg snap20111004_184019.jpg snap20111010_210947.jpg snap20111010_211102.jpg snap20111010_211342.jpg
    Change log and Update:

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS WITH NEW MARKET HERE >> View attachment 809767

DOWNLOAD ARCDroid GAPPS WITH OLD MARKET HERE >> View attachment 809769

Change log and Update:

9/12/11
    ARCDroid V5:
    1. Using EXT3 system and Midnight's latest kernel
    2. Removed Wifi Tether (You can install it separately)
    3. Added Tiny Call Confirm (Solve answering call problem)
    4. Updated Superuser
    5. Fully working Track ID
    6. Tweaked launcher speed

24/10/11
    ARCDroid V4:
    1. FULLY zipalligned
    2. Improved overall speed
    3. Added wireless tether function
    4. Improved home screen smoothness

12/10/11
    ARCDroid V3:
    1. New Gallery interface
    2. Lots of working widgets from REAL Xperia Arc
    3. Changed package kernel to XDAndroid kernel, no more key freeze and charging problem

9/10/11
    ARCDroid V2:
    1. Working Timescape !!

5/10/11
    ARCDroid V1 released
    ARCDroid V4 FINAL

Testing ARCDroid V4 by my own now. Much more faster home screen this time + FULLY zipalligned + latest busybox installed. Once the Timescape background colour was solved I will release the FINAL version to you all. STAY TUNED! :D

Hit the Thanks button if you will give V4 a try. :D

24/10/11

ARCDroid V4 FINAL released
    :D
    You can install it directly, however full wipe was always encouraged. ;)
    ARCDroid V3 will be released in this 24 hours, with lots more Xperia stuff this time, stay tuned. ;)

View more screen shots in the first post