64gb sd support?

Search This thread

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
I really wish that all the cell manufacturers would just have a small point saying "64GB sd card support (with FAT32 formatting)"

It is so annoying to see so many people saying stuff like "Only 32GB?? Not buying the phone anymore :( "

They don't realize that every size of SD card works with almost every phone out there as long as it is correctly formatted. I do not even understand why people care so much about NTFS and exFAT support.... the speeds are still great and the only limitation is the 4GB single file size. Even a 1080p mkv rip of an extended LOTR movie is 3.95gb.

demon9206

I really wish that all the cell manufacturers would just have a small point saying "64GB sd card support (with FAT32 formatting)"

It is so annoying to see so many people saying stuff like "Only 32GB?? Not buying the phone anymore :( "

They don't realize that every size of SD card works with almost every phone out there as long as it is correctly formatted. I do not even understand why people care so much about NTFS and exFAT support.... the speeds are still great and the only limitation is the 4GB single file size. Even a 1080p mkv rip of an extended LOTR movie is 3.95gb.

You have A and B, but not C. The important part is the bitrate. I could encode LOTR to 1GB, still 1080P, but the bitrate is going to be really low and not look so good.
But on topic, I'm fairly sure for the average person, you aren't going to run into the 4GB wall when recording. Not unless you're doing one entire take of a concert or something :D

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
That's the same build number I have. The build date is January 4th.
For me its January 15th!

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

You have A and B, but not C. The important part is the bitrate. I could encode LOTR to 1GB, still 1080P, but the bitrate is going to be really low and not look so good.
But on topic, I'm fairly sure for the average person, you aren't going to run into the 4GB wall when recording. Not unless you're doing one entire take of a concert or something :D
Am 95% sure the XZ supports exFAT?

Warrimonk

Aug 15, 2009
Originally Posted by Warrimonk

Oh very true. I did not even think about video recordings. It would probably take a pretty long video to take up more than 4Gb of space.. I recorded an entire demolition derby and my 16gb micro sd ran out of space before i got any file size warnings

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
Why? I read it somewhere, that someone managed to get exFAT on xperia T...

Nope. I had an Xperia T and without root or bootloader unlock to load extra drivers it is completely impossible to get exFAT drives to mount on the Xperia T.

I haven't tried the Xperia Z yet since I don't have a microSD to SD-adapter but I'm almost completely sure it still won't work.

xiFIL

Jul 11, 2012
Nope. I had an Xperia T and without root or bootloader unlock to load extra drivers it is completely impossible to get exFAT drives to mount on the Xperia T.

I haven't tried the Xperia Z yet since I don't have a microSD to SD-adapter but I'm almost completely sure it still won't work.
Ahh my bad, sorry bro!

DarkKrypt

May 9, 2012
Melbourne
1.5gb is 10 mins in full Hd on Xperia s.
So if you film something with alot of detail and sound its goin to be a concern.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

hush66

Apr 6, 2010
Evidence that the Xperia Z supports 64GB microSD cards:

xperiaz64gbsupport.png

Mine is a Sandisk microSDXC 64GB card.

When I first inserted the card into the phone, it would say that the card is not supported and asked if I wanted to format the card. When I select the "OK" option, it formats the card and it's all ready to be used. :)

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
if you have a terminal emulator you can using fdisk.

Or just plug it in your computer then mount as mass storage when the drive is shown on my computer it should have a label of the filesystem on the description.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evidence that the Xperia Z supports 64GB microSD cards:

xperiaz64gbsupport.png

Mine is a Sandisk microSDXC 64GB card.

When I first inserted the card into the phone, it would say that the card is not supported and asked if I wanted to format the card. When I select the "OK" option, it formats the card and it's all ready to be used. :)
    It states as FAT32:

fat32g.jpg
    Yes, it supports 64GB micro SD cards so long as they are FAT32 formatted.

Do you know this for a fact? Has anybody actually tested this on any of the prerelease versions of the phone?

This would make me even more tempted to pre order it be for release. If you have any links to any test of this, it would be great:)
    Do you know this for a fact? Has anybody actually tested this on any of the prerelease versions of the phone?

This would make me even more tempted to pre order it be for release. If you have any links to any test of this, it would be great:)

I'm using a 64GB SanDisk MicroSDXC card in my ZL right now.
    Hello,

I saw this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1909697 and http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/14/xperia-play-supports-64gb-microsd-memory-cards/

and I wonder if the Z will support 64gb sd cards. Overall it looks like a great phone but with only 16gb internal, I would never even consider it without 64gb support. Thoughts?

BTW, I searched all the forums and it doesn't look like its been talked about much.
    I can now confirm the xperia Z is working with a 64GB micro SD card. I work at vodafone HQ in London, we have the final version of the device and we are currently testing the device with our network and apps ect. My boss was demonstrating the device to interns and other technical officals, and when i went on his demo device, i seen that he had a 64GB class 10 HDHC micro sd card. I think its due to the way the card is formatted, i think he formatted using exFAT, and NOT fat32, i am yet to confirm this but this is amazing news :D!!