Unlocking my bootloader

Search This thread

boonwuilow

Aug 21, 2010
Cheras
I wanted to unlock my DHD's bootloader and flash a custom rom on it with the S-On method which require me to manually flash the boot everytime i flash a rom.
But i was unable to unlock my bootloader due to i was unable to get the identifier token from fastboot... I check on HTC dev website and it require me to upgrade my bootloader, yet again... failed!
I also tried the bootloader unlocking tool and it automatically download PD9810000_Ace_Sense30_S_hboot_2.00.0029 RUU for me and the result also same as the one i downloaded from HTC dev

Here are some pictures:
DHD1_zps0585ec3e.png

DHD2_zps3795a1bd.png

DHD3_zps36d65c47.png

I am on HBOOT version 2.00.0027, not sure if it was the latest though :confused:
Currently i m using 3.13.707.4
2014-02-15_18-14-42_zps6b6fcdb3.jpg

As i know the previous owner did unlock and flash a custom rom on it before, and later he send it back to HTC service centre to flash it back to stock gingerbread

Any help / suggestions are appreciated and welcomed :eek:
Should download a RUU and reflash the phone?

did you already tried flashing it with different method...

you can read a guide in here..., this thread guide for htc sensation thread, but the guide is the same as for dhd too (but don't rename it like PG58IMG.zip for DHD..because this name code for sensation only, for DHD just rename it PD98IMG.zip)

just read guide especially at step 4.1 and 4.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.2

hope this help..and good luck..

Reactions: boonwuilow

boonwuilow

Aug 21, 2010
Cheras

you can read a guide in here..., this thread guide for htc sensation thread, but the guide is the same as for dhd too (but don't rename it like PG58IMG.zip for DHD..because this name code for sensation only, for DHD just rename it PD98IMG.zip)

Thanks for your reply bro... now should i flash the RUU which contains the full ROM or just with the HBOOT?

Thanks for your reply bro... now should i flash the RUU which contains the full ROM or just with the HBOOT?
no..you don't needed flashing a full RUU...
just upgrade file firmware / hboot from the htc site that you're already download it..(this is will update it your hboot to version 2.00.0029)

you can try it in two way method..
1. flashing it PD98IMG.zip with fastboot method...
2. flashing it that loaded PD98IMG.zip file via bootloader from your sdcard..

boonwuilow

Aug 21, 2010
Cheras
just upgrade file firmware / hboot from the htc site that you're already download it..(this is will update it your hboot to version 2.00.0029)

Ok i will try that later...
So basically the bootloader that can't support HTC dev unlock (or those that require a further update) are those without the "LOCKED" or "RELOCKED" status right?
And is the AAHK2 by Phiber2000 safe to unlock, s-off and root my phone?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2367322

So basically the bootloader that can't support HTC dev unlock (or those that require a further update) are those without the "LOCKED" or "RELOCKED" status right?
yap..when htc launching the latest ota update (full RUU for DHD) just had a version of bootloader 2.00.0027, that time the htc itself is not yet officially opening/launching for supporting unlocking the bootloader..because of that..the version 2.00.0027 is not yet support for unlocking..and that's why don't have a state of LOCKED in the top of that bootloader too..so to unlocking you must update bootloader first to 2.00.0029 from that website..

AAHK2 is a simple way to fully rooting and had eng hboot for your DHD...i think that's a safe too..provide it if you follow all step carefully and follow all the rules that are required from that script it self...and because i've already using that script for 6 DHD..all the result is success..even with some of that DHD had some of little troubled while running that script..but i'm still can handle it..

just a advice from me...before you begin running that script..just read carefully and understand it all inside that thread (especially about a branded sdcard that are mentioned in there thread)..and prepared all stuff that are required..

good luck...

Last edited:

glevitan

Nov 8, 2011
Buenos Aires
www.arreviewers.com
I wanted to unlock my DHD's bootloader and flash a custom rom on it with the S-On method which require me to manually flash the boot everytime i flash a rom.
But i was unable to unlock my bootloader due to i was unable to get the identifier token from fastboot... I check on HTC dev website and it require me to upgrade my bootloader, yet again... failed!
I also tried the bootloader unlocking tool and it automatically download PD9810000_Ace_Sense30_S_hboot_2.00.0029 RUU for me and the result also same as the one i downloaded from HTC dev

Here are some pictures:
DHD1_zps0585ec3e.png

DHD2_zps3795a1bd.png

DHD3_zps36d65c47.png

I am on HBOOT version 2.00.0027, not sure if it was the latest though :confused:
Currently i m using 3.13.707.4
2014-02-15_18-14-42_zps6b6fcdb3.jpg

As i know the previous owner did unlock and flash a custom rom on it before, and later he send it back to HTC service centre to flash it back to stock gingerbread

Any help / suggestions are appreciated and welcomed :eek:
Should download a RUU and reflash the phone?

If your build vesion is not supported to update the bootloader, you will need create a goldcard in order to flash a RUU with a build version that supports unlocking. That is the way...takes time and S-OFF is a better option IMO

boonwuilow

Aug 21, 2010
Cheras
yap..when htc launching the latest ota update (full RUU for DHD) just had a version of bootloader 2.00.0027, that time the htc itself is not yet officially opening/launching for supporting unlocking the bootloader..because of that..the version 2.00.0027 is not yet support for unlocking..and that's why don't have a state of LOCKED in the top of that bootloader too..so to unlocking you must update bootloader first to 2.00.0029 from that website..

AAHK2 is a simple way to fully rooting and had eng hboot for your DHD...i think that's a safe too..provide it if you follow all step carefully and follow all the rules that are required from that script it self...and because i've already using that script for 6 DHD..all the result is success..even with some of that DHD had some of little troubled while running that script..but i'm still can handle it..

just a advice from me...before you begin running that script..just read carefully and understand it all inside that thread (especially about a branded sdcard that are mentioned in there thread)..and prepared all stuff that are required..

good luck...

If your build vesion is not supported to update the bootloader, you will need create a goldcard in order to flash a RUU with a build version that supports unlocking. That is the way...takes time and S-OFF is a better option IMO

I have successfully unlock the bootloader by the method @JJeamy show me, thank you very much for guiding me on how to unlock it :good::good::good:

Actually the process isn't very hard just go to HTC dev and download the bootloader that match your build number and manually flash the update by using fastboot and proceed to unlock the phone as instructed on htc dev

Reactions: JJeamy
I have successfully unlock the bootloader by the method @JJeamy show me, thank you very much for guiding me on how to unlock it :good::good::good:

Actually the process isn't very hard just go to HTC dev and download the bootloader that match your build number and manually flash the update by using fastboot and proceed to unlock the phone as instructed on htc dev
glad to hear that...and congrats.. :good: :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

good luck...

good luck...

Awesome

@JJeamy
    I'm proud that you wrote that much,if i was in your place i would only redirects @boonwuilow to that chinese software the one i told you easy way to unlock bootloader.
    :) :)