[ROM] CyanogenMod 7.0.3 ALPHA3 - 5/11/11

Search This thread

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
Got bored again, this time I merged my device tree and fixes into CM7 Gingerbread :D ROM is built from the newest CM7 source code, and has been merged with the majority of my device specific fixes from previous ROMs. I love open source, so of course source code is available for everything, here (ROM), here (kernel), and here (initramfs). If you would like to follow the changes I make, check my github rss feed here.

*** WORKING ***
RIL (calls/sms/3g data)
WiFi
GPS
sdcard and USB mass storage
rotation and proximity sensors
screen on/off animation :cool:
haptic feedback

*** NOT WORKING ***
Camera/Camcorder
MMS
BT
most video codecs - Youtube playback (LQ & HQ) is broken for example - youtube does work from a browser if you use a desktop user-agent
Voodoo lagfix conversions

There are still plenty of bugs! and there likely will be until we have a true GB leak or official release to work off of.

PLEASE READ
It is considerably difficult for me to stumble upon every issue out there, and even more difficult to narrow these issues down, let alone fix them. That said, PLEASE do not clutter this thread with "thank you" or "X/Y/Z doesn't work" or "I'd love to flash this if..." type posts. I APPRECIATE THE THANKS AND THE FEEDBACK!!! Don't get me wrong. But these posts are not at all helpful in moving this ROM forward, and simply add more clutter to the forum. If you make such a post, don't expect a response.

If you experience a bug, PLEASE GET LOGS! I can't fix something simply by knowing that it does not work. A bug report without significant details is a useless post, it just is what it is. Logs help identify the code affected, and thereby help facilitate the fixes that we all love. PLEASE share your issues if you can provide helpful data in fixing them
THANKS FOR READING :)

The ROM package currently includes the base CM7 ROM, and a compatible kernel. Flash gapps from the package linked below. DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER GAPPS OR KERNEL PACKAGES! The ROM package uses edify scripting, so it is flashable with any iteration of ClockworkMod recovery.

ALSO: devs and noobs alike please take notice : this ROM uses ClockworkMod recovery 3.x. I will no longer be supporting older recoveries!

Much thanks to the EpicCM and teamhacksung folks for code and ideas, and of course props to the CM team for all they do, it's their ROM after all.

If you appreciate the time and effort I have put into this ROM please click the "Thanks" or "Donate" buttons. Either one is fine by me :)

***** Update 4/26 - ALPHA2 *****
fixed USB mass storage
fixed haptic feedback
fixed TiBu 'whoami' bug
update to 3.x ClockworkMod recovery
sync'd with latest CM code
updated to latest Market
stubbed the camera (yes, I know it takes pictures of nothing but a green android :rolleyes:)
** package still includes gapps and kernel **
** changed to new kernel that can be used with BOTH rfs AND ext4 - but it does not include the Voodoo lagfix code, so no conversions! **
** Make sure to wipe data even if coming from the previous alpha! **

***** Update 5/11 - ALPHA3 *****
updated to latest CM7 code (7.0.3)
enabled recent CM code to prevent "ring only once" bug (lightly tested)
made one of my sms hacks "optional" for easy editing by the mesmerize/showcase users (simply remove "ro.sms.padding=1" from build.prop to fix sms on these devices)
fixed some memory settings in kernel - should fix the lag experienced when using previous versions
added other tweaks to kernel for speed improvement (increased sdcard readahead cache/lowmemkiller/etc)
included punk-kaos' recent camera changes into kernel (cam not working, but getting there)
unstubbed camera (no more pics of a green android :p)
cleaned up my build tree a bit for a smaller download for people building themselves
removed gapps from ROM package, download from link below (kernel still included in ROM package)
ROM package will no longer flash a recovery
switched to bmlwrite for flashing kernel (screen will no longer wig out during kernel flashes)

Instructions:
flash with Clockwordmod recovery
flash ROM first then flash gapps package
WIPE DATA! if coming from ANY other ROM
Don't worry about disabling lagfix or any of that nonsense, ROM will work whether you are using ext4 or rfs

ALPHA3
http://www.mediafire.com/?ziawa7ot8dhdq4k

GAPPS
http://www.mediafire.com/?ogylu5w024148lt

Enjoy and remember: If your phone breaks after flashing, YOU broke it! Not ME!

Last edited:

dw77x

Jan 16, 2011
Milwaukee
This may peg my level of knowledge but here goes. . .What logs would be most beneficial? Assuming alogcat is the standard method, there are a lot of different options of logs in there. Any specific ones that would be the most helpful in tracking down a bug?

Not trying to clutter, hopefully avoiding more in the future :D

Last edited:

jt1134

May 8, 2010
This may peg my level of knowledge but here goes. . .What logs would be most beneficial? Assuming alogcat is the standard method, there are a lot of different options of logs in there. Any specific ones that would be the most helpful in tracking down a bug?

any random bugs can usually be picked up from the main log. anything having to do with the radio (call issues/sms issues/etc) need the radio specific log

I'm not familiar with alogcat (market app right?), but the logs can be dumped using adb from a pc. ex:

adb logcat > logcat.txt
will dump the main log

adb logcat -b radio > radio.txt
will dump the radio log

thank you for your concern :)

Reactions: zerofighter1

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Hey JT, I was talking to you on twitter today (@ScottColeBCS). I sent my email addy, I don't know if you got it. Let me know if you figure out a way for me to do that for you. Thanks Bro.

EDIT: Nevermind bro. I'm stupid. I just checked my email and saw that you sent the info I needed. Be expecting it.

Last edited:

Zacisblack

Dec 15, 2010
I need to clean my keyboard...great job jt!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Sweet. So what are the chances this will bebe compatible with the Mesmerize eventually? I assume it is not currently.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
Hey JT, I know there are many thread junkies (like myself) who are constantly checking for bug fixes and updates. I also read in the OP that you said there will plenty of bugs still until we get an official leak. Does this mean that with what you have available to you at the moment the functionality will remain as is, or are you still plugging away at some of these issues? I ask this simply to see if we should be checking for updates. Not complaining one bit! I love this rom so far. Thanks a ton!!

jt1134

May 8, 2010
Hey JT, I know there are many thread junkies (like myself) who are constantly checking for bug fixes and updates. I also read in the OP that you said there will plenty of bugs still until we get an official leak. Does this mean that with what you have available to you at the moment the functionality will remain as is, or are you still plugging away at some of these issues? I ask this simply to see if we should be checking for updates. Not complaining one bit! I love this rom so far. Thanks a ton!!

I will still make do with what we have. As far as what that entails, who knows. One thing I'm relatively sure of is the fate of the camera. It's likely to remain non-functional until we have a GB base to work with.

kidserious

Feb 11, 2011
I will still make do with what we have. As far as what that entails, who knows. One thing I'm relatively sure of is the fate of the camera. It's likely to remain non-functional until we have a GB base to work with.

Ok, Well I will take that as there is a definite possibility you will be able to fix some of the non-camera bugs. It lets me know that fixes for these issues are not out of the realm of possibility with current sources. JT, your new name is Mr. Fascinate (with a thunderbolt) Lol. Keep doing what you do brother, you're making a lot of people happy. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got bored again, this time I merged my device tree and fixes into CM7 Gingerbread :D ROM is built from the newest CM7 source code, and has been merged with the majority of my device specific fixes from previous ROMs. I love open source, so of course source code is available for everything, here (ROM), here (kernel), and here (initramfs). If you would like to follow the changes I make, check my github rss feed here.

*** WORKING ***
    RIL (calls/sms/3g data)
    WiFi
    GPS
    sdcard and USB mass storage
    rotation and proximity sensors
    screen on/off animation :cool:
    haptic feedback

*** NOT WORKING ***
    Camera/Camcorder
    MMS
    BT
    most video codecs - Youtube playback (LQ & HQ) is broken for example - youtube does work from a browser if you use a desktop user-agent
    Voodoo lagfix conversions

There are still plenty of bugs! and there likely will be until we have a true GB leak or official release to work off of.

PLEASE READ
    It is considerably difficult for me to stumble upon every issue out there, and even more difficult to narrow these issues down, let alone fix them. That said, PLEASE do not clutter this thread with "thank you" or "X/Y/Z doesn't work" or "I'd love to flash this if..." type posts. I APPRECIATE THE THANKS AND THE FEEDBACK!!! Don't get me wrong. But these posts are not at all helpful in moving this ROM forward, and simply add more clutter to the forum. If you make such a post, don't expect a response.

If you experience a bug, PLEASE GET LOGS! I can't fix something simply by knowing that it does not work. A bug report without significant details is a useless post, it just is what it is. Logs help identify the code affected, and thereby help facilitate the fixes that we all love. PLEASE share your issues if you can provide helpful data in fixing them
    THANKS FOR READING :)

The ROM package currently includes the base CM7 ROM, and a compatible kernel. Flash gapps from the package linked below. DO NOT FLASH ANY OTHER GAPPS OR KERNEL PACKAGES! The ROM package uses edify scripting, so it is flashable with any iteration of ClockworkMod recovery.

ALSO: devs and noobs alike please take notice : this ROM uses ClockworkMod recovery 3.x. I will no longer be supporting older recoveries!

Much thanks to the EpicCM and teamhacksung folks for code and ideas, and of course props to the CM team for all they do, it's their ROM after all.

If you appreciate the time and effort I have put into this ROM please click the "Thanks" or "Donate" buttons. Either one is fine by me :)

***** Update 4/26 - ALPHA2 *****
    fixed USB mass storage
    fixed haptic feedback
    fixed TiBu 'whoami' bug
    update to 3.x ClockworkMod recovery
    sync'd with latest CM code
    updated to latest Market
    stubbed the camera (yes, I know it takes pictures of nothing but a green android :rolleyes:)
    ** package still includes gapps and kernel **
    ** changed to new kernel that can be used with BOTH rfs AND ext4 - but it does not include the Voodoo lagfix code, so no conversions! **
    ** Make sure to wipe data even if coming from the previous alpha! **

***** Update 5/11 - ALPHA3 *****
    updated to latest CM7 code (7.0.3)
    enabled recent CM code to prevent "ring only once" bug (lightly tested)
    made one of my sms hacks "optional" for easy editing by the mesmerize/showcase users (simply remove "ro.sms.padding=1" from build.prop to fix sms on these devices)
    fixed some memory settings in kernel - should fix the lag experienced when using previous versions
    added other tweaks to kernel for speed improvement (increased sdcard readahead cache/lowmemkiller/etc)
    included punk-kaos' recent camera changes into kernel (cam not working, but getting there)
    unstubbed camera (no more pics of a green android :p)
    cleaned up my build tree a bit for a smaller download for people building themselves
    removed gapps from ROM package, download from link below (kernel still included in ROM package)
    ROM package will no longer flash a recovery
    switched to bmlwrite for flashing kernel (screen will no longer wig out during kernel flashes)

Instructions:
    flash with Clockwordmod recovery
    flash ROM first then flash gapps package
    WIPE DATA! if coming from ANY other ROM
    Don't worry about disabling lagfix or any of that nonsense, ROM will work whether you are using ext4 or rfs

ALPHA3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ziawa7ot8dhdq4k

GAPPS
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ogylu5w024148lt

Enjoy and remember: If your phone breaks after flashing, YOU broke it! Not ME!
    As do I, which is why I haven't set it as my daily driver yet. I've been using jt's stuff since super clean; he and kaos well definitely get the camera working.

KangBanging since day one!
    CommRom 1.3
    OTB 1.4
    OC'd (stable) 1200 mhz
    ED03
    Tapatalked!

Got camera and camcorder working last night ;) It's on a completely new build, based on the mainline code so we lost radio :(

Hope to have a much more functional build soon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
    jt,

I was building your stuff just now and these cyanogen commits from tonight gave me some errors.

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/a400a9ae85ea24a1fe307a437f20d55efe453168
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/f4c5fbac0b2dcc19749c7f37285d553149957e1a

I just re-synced, using the prior revision in the manifest. That got me around it for now, waiting for the rest of the build to finish. When you merge changes for frameworks/base in your tree it will get rid of the errors.

I was also wondering how to go about removing the recovery from the zip for the build (and possibly the kernel as well). I know I can manually remove them from the zip after it's made, but I'd rather do it properly if I can. I was fighting with device/samsung/fascinate/BoardConfig.mk for awhile but it seemed like whenever I settled on a change the build would explode.

manifest got behind due to mainline cm changes. fixed it.

hopefully won't be doing it this way much longer, working on getting stuff merged into mainline :D
    i love this rrom , are we going to see any new updates? i understand if we arent going. to , but just checking up if this gets mms capabilities, i will use it for tue rest of my life

My entire town has been without power for the last week due to the recent mass tornadoes in the southeast. Updates will be coming along as time and other factors permit.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

any random bugs can usually be picked up from the main log. anything having to do with the radio (call issues/sms issues/etc) need the radio specific log

I'm not familiar with alogcat (market app right?), but the logs can be dumped using adb from a pc. ex:

adb logcat > logcat.txt
    will dump the main log

adb logcat -b radio > radio.txt
    will dump the radio log

thank you for your concern :)