Which ROM are you running? Like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
I used to have a Moto Droid 1 (OG Droid) and the messaging app it came with was able to have group messages, where everyones reply would be in the same thread. It annoys me that it is not the case on my S3.

Does anyone know any app i could get that is good with group convos???
or a ROM that would change that

Go to playstore and check.out verizon messages app

iSheep... iSheep... Meowww that's Apple

codidley

Dec 3, 2012
yuppp running the PAC-man rom right now, had a few issues with the keyboard but other than that it's
pretty awesome.

supersaiyanx

Sep 28, 2011
Laguna
Im using kyrillos rom v2. I like it because of better memory management. And i can reflash without the need of Odin

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

razingkane93

Oct 26, 2012
I was running High on Android v.03. Nice, simple and stable. I've been running LiquidSmooth RC7 along with Apex Launcher for about a month or so. You can spend weeks customizing your phone. The screen flickers when rotating from portrait to landscape while in the camera or YouTube. I've been getting a lot of phone disconnects. I know it's my phone because it happens with people on land lines. I'm ROM flashing newbie so I have no idea if it's a LiquidSmooth issue or something else. I have LiquidSmooth RC9 and CleanRom 5 sitting in the wings...just trying to figure out which flash I want to do.

tougems13

Nov 18, 2010
Purerom rls 9 with kt kernel, and its running sweet. Skype kept giving me a fc so I had to change to Xperia kb. Other than that it's fast, nice on battery, and solid, would definitely recommend it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
L

lelandholton

Both of my s3 phones r runnibg clean rom 5.0 my backup phone is getting amazing battery life. uploadfromtaptalk1355008871211.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
Another clean Rom 5.0 user here.great battery lightning quick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

x714x

Sep 10, 2012
Phoenix
How the heck are you getting that long? Is that on a stock battery or an extended battery?

And I personally run CM10 nightlies. Love them, so much nicer than stock.

Its cause he hasnt used the phone at all. Its just sitting idling since it doesnt have service (he said it was a backup phone).

As for what rom I am running, I usually run CleanRom but for the last couple days I have been running http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007414 and loving it. Super smooth with the tweaks, i.e. no stutter on scrolling in facebook/twitter/instagram and such. Pretty much no lag/stutters anywhere on it :D AlexColodner out did himself.

Last edited:

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Its cause he hasnt used the phone at all. Its just sitting idling since it doesnt have service (he said it was a backup phone).

As for what rom I am running, I usually run CleanRom but for the last couple days I have been running http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2007414 and loving it. Super smooth with the tweaks, i.e. no stutter on scrolling in facebook/twitter/instagram and such. Pretty much no lag/stutters anywhere on it :D AlexColodner out did himself.

I can't imagine this device having lag even on stock with no mods..

Reactions: Where Forever Dies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone want to share their success story with an AOSP rom with good battery life ?:good:

For me, it would be CM10.1 and KT kernel. Great performance and battery life.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Verizon Galaxy SIII - LiquidSmooth 2.4
    I've only had the d2vzw for a few weeks, but I've been flashing between the current cm10.1 nightly with Trebuchet (old habit from my use of the Fascinate), and what appears to be a new TouchWiz offering called BoneStock. With the latter I'm running Holo launcher HD.

Holo is impressive as a launcher and can be used on aosp ROMs too, so I may start using it all the time... One can backup settings and shortcuts between both ROM types. I do wish there was more file system compatibility between the two ROM types wrt internal and external sdcard mount points :)

I was very impressed with CleanRom, but BoneStock has a few mods that I really like and seems to show a kindred minimalism :). I tried synergy, but I'm not convinced about the multiwindow capability yet...

Haven't had time to settle on an alternate kernel for tw ROMs, and I generally just stick with the native cm10.1 kernel when running that. Lean kernel by imoseon seems very solid for both AOSP and TouchWiz versions (I don't really tweak much, mainly looking for reliability and battery life).

Overall, I'm spending more time with cm10.1, primarily because of the native WiFi hotspot function. WiFi tether doesn't seem to operate as smoothly on the tw ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
    ive noticed that on cleanrom 5.0 and jellybeans build6, gps is abysmal, but the rest is pretty great.

im on synergy now and gps lock is fixed, still checking out the rest of the features
    The People's Rom from Kennyglass123 and rompnit was successfully ported from sprint and everything is working. Fully working mms, multiwindow, it's already themed and Morphology or circuitry theme work for it. Very smooth very stable :thumbup::thumbup:

I've tried a LOT of roms in the last 2 weeks, and just recently flashed synergyrom r326 - it is the smoothest rom I have used so far and the battery is amazing. Beans rom is really tempting! For any guys who have used both beans 10 and synergy r326, can anyone give me a comparison?

Honestly I've run both and have gotten 17+ hours of battery and 3+ hours of screen time on both after allowing them to settle. If you want an AOSP look go with Beans and if you want a more pure touchwiz look go with Synergy.
    Synergy also utilizes the multi window feature and beans removed it from his build. It never bothered me, but some users claimed that it was slowing their device down. Honestly, nandroid and flash away to see which one you prefer.