[ROM] Team EOS cornerstone builds.

Search This thread

otis_bartleh

Aug 25, 2010
Martinez, CA
Try a full full wipe... Factory reset wipe cache n dalvik format system and only restore user apps without data if you can... I have had little to no real dramas doing it this way... I also set my home screen up on first boot so the alignment of apps are all good in the main window... Then i set cornerstone to not start on boot.. I just put the cornerstone app on home screen n launch when required.. I also set cpu to 1.5Ghz.. Try these steps and see how u go

Sent from my mind control device

Definitely, planned on it, I should have clarified... :D That's how I do my clean install too (except once the rom is booted and set for a few minutes, I restore my launcher folders and icons through Apex and prefer Cornerstone starting on Boot)... And on that note, I haven't had any time to play yet, but did a clean install of 14 and it's already noticeably better for me... I also contributed a lot of my prior issues to the fact that I hadn't done a clean install in a while...

CPU Wise, I had been running at 1.2, then dropped down to 1Ghz, but only for a few hours before having time to flash 14...

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Definitely, planned on it, I should have clarified... :D That's how I do my clean install too (except once the rom is booted and set for a few minutes, I restore my launcher folders and icons through Apex and prefer Cornerstone starting on Boot)... And on that note, I haven't had any time to play yet, but did a clean install of 14 and it's already noticeably better for me... I also contributed a lot of my prior issues to the fact that I hadn't done a clean install in a while...

CPU Wise, I had been running at 1.2, then dropped down to 1Ghz, but only for a few hours before having time to flash 14...

Why did you not clean install latest version 16? I understand that the cornerstone build hasn't changed but the xoom build underneath it certainly would have... I can't remember but didn't android 4.0.4 only introduced into corner 15 and if so you should enjoy its goodness lol

otis_bartleh

Aug 25, 2010
Martinez, CA
Why did you not clean install latest version 16? I understand that the cornerstone build hasn't changed but the xoom build underneath it certainly would have... I can't remember but didn't android 4.0.4 only introduced into corner 15 and if so you should enjoy its goodness lol

Latest nightly i saw this morning was 14, so i grabbed it, thought i saw something in the change logs about 4.0.4... I've been so busy I'm behind on my flashing!

Doh! Now I'm not paying attention, I am using the latest stingray build, are you using stingray cdma? That would explain it...I

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Latest nightly i saw this morning was 14, so i grabbed it, thought i saw something in the change logs about 4.0.4... I've been so busy I'm behind on my flashing!

Doh! Now I'm not paying attention, I am using the latest stingray build, are you using stingray cdma? That would explain it...I

Nah i have a wingray that is probably explains it lol..

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Cornerstone 16 I have noticed a small amount of lag... usually in the form of music stuttering.. it seems when under load sometimes tasks are suffering due to the extra active windows... I have my device clocked to 1.5Ghz daily as everyone would probably know but has anyone experienced this... I can't see it being a wingray issue at all but maybe it would be good if there was an option to shutdown 1 active window as well n have a blank black square... I know maybe aesthetically this may not be awesome but it may help reduce the burden of active tasks on the device if you are using 2 windows at a stage in time, it would be even better if it could auto kill the unused active window after a user defined period if time...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

logitechor

Sep 29, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 6
Using Cornerstone 16

I am really liking what Teameos is doing. Cornerstone is quite cool. Running Ubuntu in a Chroot too. The Xoom though not as good hardware wise is a very good tablet with developer support.

jcastillo1830

Mar 8, 2011
Where do you think is then most appropriate to post technical issues/concerns? Isn't there a developer working to make a wingray/stingray cornerstone rom that's pretty regular now?...

Cornerstone has the following made the following place available to log issues with cornerstone [click issues tab]:
https://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone

Please include details of:
- Version of Cornerstone code
- Custom ROM that you are using
- Device
- Any relevant logcat

An important thing to note is that since Cornerstone is included with various ROMs by developers, there is a high probability that the issue is not reproducible by us and only exists on that ROM. To avoid tracking down tons of phantom bugs we do ask that you differentiate as best you can between what is ROM dependent and what might be caused by Cornerstone. For example, the network issues are most likely ROM dependent, while an issue like the layout of the screen with multiple apps open misbehaving would be more likely caused by Cornerstone.
Original Source:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cornerstone-dev/OiGt-hYhmFk/QhPhxusQMHcJ

Last edited:

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Cornerstone has the following made the following place available to log issues with cornerstone [click issues tab]:
https://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone

Please include details of:
- Version of Cornerstone code
- Custom ROM that you are using
- Device
- Any relevant logcat

Original Source:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/cornerstone-dev/OiGt-hYhmFk/QhPhxusQMHcJ

Okay, cool...thanks for the info

Is anyone else having wallpaper issues? No matter what wallpaper I set, no matter what app I use to enable/crop it, no matter how I crop it....it just NEVER fits correctly at all. From what I can tell...it takes whatever image I have and zooms in about thirty to forty percent, and zooms to the left slightly......

Sooooo freaking annoying....anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Anyone else having corner 18 issues I havnt been home yet to download that sucker...

As a side note solar or bigrush: are there auto change logs up for these builds as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Anyone else having corner 18 issues I havnt been home yet to download that sucker...

As a side note solar or bigrush: are there auto change logs up for these builds as well?

Any rom commits apply to the cornerstone builds as well. If we mod cornerstone, it should show on gerrit. But atm, were not messing with the cornerstone code. So I'd watch wherever cornerstone devs post their logs.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Any rom commits apply to the cornerstone builds as well. If we mod cornerstone, it should show on gerrit. But atm, were not messing with the cornerstone code. So I'd watch wherever cornerstone devs post their logs.

I figured that may be the case just asked in case maybe there was a separate location for these builds..

Also.... Does that last statement mean you guys may have a tinker with the cornerstone code itself in future.... Please say yes looool ;-)

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I figured that may be the case just asked in case maybe there was a separate location for these builds..

Also.... Does that last statement mean you guys may have a tinker with the cornerstone code itself in future.... Please say yes looool ;-)

I know cyanogenmod had been developing the cornerstone code. Unofficially I would say we'd likely just cherry-pick their work here. Simply, we are just focused on aosp for now and our plates are more than full.

rafaelbonfim

Oct 9, 2011
Okay, cool...thanks for the info

Is anyone else having wallpaper issues? No matter what wallpaper I set, no matter what app I use to enable/crop it, no matter how I crop it....it just NEVER fits correctly at all. From what I can tell...it takes whatever image I have and zooms in about thirty to forty percent, and zooms to the left slightly......

Sooooo freaking annoying....anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

Try to select one direct from web. I sent one to adobe cloud, so I opened it from brownser and selected to set as wallpaper.

Sent from my MZ601 using XDA Premium HD app

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
okay finally got around to installing cornerstone 18...

full wiped as usual... with format system n fix permissions

seems to work fine however i noticed that the WiFi can be a bit well... temperamental which culminates when downloading from the market as i notice some times the download stopping... ALSO, i have noticed that the market itself sometimes doesn't want to install apps or their updates, it does not error out it kind of just continues to poll on whatever it's doing. A reboot usually allows the app to install but i was wondering could this be due to the extra windows being open or the fact that the main window is not recognized as what the xoom actually is??

Reactions: Dyelon

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Latest Cornerstone 19

Nav bar clock won't update time..

Wifi still shotty.... This has to be a build issue not a cornerstone issue.... Will not really connect when not an auto connection from boot

Found the music thing.... If music started in main window... Then changed to a smaller window the music will remain from speakers n not headphones.... A reboot fixes this n music plays from headphones

Should be able to Fix this eh solar?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dyelon

Rone1986

Dec 3, 2011
Sydney, NSW
Latest Cornerstone 19

Wifi still shotty.... This has to be a build issue not a cornerstone issue.... Will not really connect when not an auto connection from boot

Cornerstone 19 on wingray, no probs with wifi here but had to revert to EOS #93. Can't seem to get bt to pair. Xoom will see bt device but refuses to pair. Times out every time. Tried 3 bt kbs, official Moto, Logitech android kb & generic off ebay. Same story for moto bt mouse... No go.

I've had the same issue on all CS builds. Wingray MZ604. Tried clean installs, various wifi/bt on/off combinations (thinking one may be interfering with the other). I never restore system data on clean install, so can't be an issue there.

Ideally I need wifi & bt connected at the same time. Xoom mainly used for uni work so having Quickoffice, browser and reference paper all open at once with bt kb connected would make it perfect.

cdred

Dec 1, 2007
Dunn, NC
Is there a way to get live wallpaper to work with cornerstone 20? I'm actually liking cornerstone and my matrix live wallpaper would make this perfect.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is purely for discussion on the Team EOS cornerstone builds.

A couple of notes.

1) These are completely unsupported. (Hence this thread being in the discussion forum)
    2) Cornerstone builds are roms - not updates to a nightly build. Saying something like "I'm running Cornerstone wingray #17 with wingray nightly #90" is pointless. You only need to install cornerstone and then the google applications.
    3) Always state what device and build # you're using - this thread is for 4 different types of Xoom on potentially different build numbers - AVOID CONFUSION. Not everyone knows what device you have.
    4) You're welcome to say your experiences about the rom here including issues, however do not be insulted if I never reply to issues or bug reports. Remember these builds are unsupported.
    5) Builds can be attained from http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone
    6) Please don't file bug reports for cornerstone.
    7) If you're using cornerstone, please don't post in the official nightly build threads about your issues. This only confuses people.

I know cyanogenmod had been developing the cornerstone code. Unofficially I would say we'd likely just cherry-pick their work here. Simply, we are just focused on aosp for now and our plates are more than full.
    Err didnt you guys build it into a rom tho? Or your source? Im confused....
    Any anyone of your team using cornerstone or going to keep these updated?
    Cheers

I bring all the latest changes from our normal builds into the cornerstone builds.
    I also keep cornerstone up to date.

Nothing has changed, I just would rather keep the normal build thread seperate from the cornerstone builds.

Is there a way to get live wallpaper to work with cornerstone 20? I'm actually liking cornerstone and my matrix live wallpaper would make this perfect.

I don't use them, but think I remember reading somewhere Cornerstone disabled the live wallpapers??