I cant OC past 1.5 GHz?

Search This thread
G

glacierguy

Flash Faux kernel... You're most likely on stock kernel which can't be OC...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1359951
[Kernel]Amaze[2.6.35.13](v009)OC~1.73/JRCU/UV/CIFS+UTF-8/Power Saving[Mar-13]

Then use System Timer or SetCPU...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

anthonylancer

Jan 2, 2010
.9 with faux clock .9 fourth bar sense is there anything I can do? Also every single app I've tried maxes out at 1.51. Is this normal cost I want 2ghz on my ****

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
I do believe that due to our phone's lack of true kernel source, faux was only able to add a max slot of 1.51. I haven't seen anyone jump higher. Don't quote me though.
Edit: sorry it should be able to oc to 1.75

Last edited:

aj_2423

Sep 21, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
I do believe that due to our phone's lack of true kernel source, faux was only able to add a max slot of 1.51. I haven't seen anyone jump higher. Don't quote me though.
Edit: sorry it should be able to oc to 1.75

Correct, 1.7

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium

jmhalder

Mar 26, 2008
illinois
.9 with faux clock .9 fourth bar sense is there anything I can do? Also every single app I've tried maxes out at 1.51. Is this normal cost I want 2ghz on my ****
If you have the newest version of SetCPU, and you can prove that you have Faux's Kernel installed, I'll be impressed.

(Goto Settings>About>Software Information>More>Kernel Version
If the Kernel doesn't say "paul@ubuntu #2|SMP PREEMPT..." it isn't faux's kernel installed. Easiest way to install it is to use one of the scripts here to do it in fastboot. I always just manually copy the modules manually, and flash it myself from fastboot, this way I KNOW it got flashed. (as mentioned, 1728mhz is the max on Faux's kernel.)

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
go to your settings and make sure that your kernel says "paul" in it somewhere. You probably did not flash the kernel correctly and need to flash it again. Sometimes you actually need to flash the kernel twice.

anthonylancer

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for the help guys, reflashed kernel and it works now. Unfortunately only up to 1.72 but that's good enough. Any way to get it higher though?

jmhalder

Mar 26, 2008
illinois
Unfortunately only up to 1.72 but that's good enough. Any way to get it higher though?

Sure, download the kernel source from Faux, change voltage scaling and multipliers, and compile it, and you might be able to hit 1.8, these chips can hit 1.9ghz but with more overvolting than most would be comfortable with.