DLNA default app incompatible with MiniDLNA server

Search This thread

NightSky256

Mar 6, 2009
Milano
Does anyone knows how to play Divx/Xvid videos trought DLNA default app ?
i have an home server (debian Wheezy) that offers some services.
I have MiniDLNA .24 Daemon on it, that permits my Samsung TV to play videos trought DLNA service.

I had an i9000 by Samsung that could also play videos or music trought DLNA.

Now with Xperia S i have a DLNA app by default (connected devices), with this app i can browse my DLNA resources but once i try to view a resource (jpg, mp3, avi or mkv) i always get an "Unrecognized Format" error...

why ?

is there a better DLNA browsing APP ?

i found BSPlayer, with that i can browse my SMB share on the server and play the media, but it's NOT DLNA... it uses SMB shares, that i would like to switch off sice i didn't have Windows machines at home...

sirksael

Nov 16, 2010
Overijse
It seems the default DLNA app does not recognise any alternative players on the phone.
I installed moboplayer app (for Divx/...) and UPnPlay app. UPnP works similar to the default DLNA app, but when you select a Divx video it allows you to choose where to play it, for example using moboplayer.
You can even push the video to a DLNA player, like WD live TV or DLNA compatible TV.

NightSky256

Mar 6, 2009
Milano
It seems the default DLNA app does not recognise any alternative players on the phone.
I installed moboplayer app (for Divx/...) and UPnPlay app. UPnP works similar to the default DLNA app, but when you select a Divx video it allows you to choose where to play it, for example using moboplayer.
You can even push the video to a DLNA player, like WD live TV or DLNA compatible TV.

Thanks, i got mad trying to define a working DLNA profile with serviio instead of MiniDlna for this phone, but it seems like the default player only work with MP2 streams (DVD format) even the x264 didn't work... it's really bad...

i will try UPnPlay, and if it works i will throw away serviio and restore MiniDlna wich is better for my Samsung TV and my sanity :p

pshdo

Jun 10, 2010
Holbæk
I use mediaHouse as "browser" instead, and Vplayer to play the movies...

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium