Network locked after flashing ParanoidAndroid 4.0

Search This thread

aling77

Sep 10, 2010
Hi
I just installed ParanoidAndroid 4.0 on my galaxy nexus and it all went well and I really like some of the new features.

After taking my SIM from my other phone (another SGN but running 4.3) and installing it in the upgraded phone I found the "SIM network unlock PIN" message on startup. This phone worked fine on 4.3 prior to flashing.

I have spent some time looking for the solution and have tried the following.
- Wiping and Reflashing ROM
- FuxkDocomoV3.1 from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1548210 (keeps FCing, may not support 4.4)
- Tried to get Samsung_IMEI_Unlock_v1.2.2.rar as per here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiduCD32bUE, but gave up very frustrated with the website and the adds/surveys.
- Also considered trying Samsung Network/Sim Unlock Code Generator/Patcher from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1731931

I don't have a problem paying a bit of money for an unlock code/application if it fixes the issue. I have read that 4.4 may have some type of region lock and I am worried that this may be the problem and therefore the unlock code will not help.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I can try or maybe a copy of Samsung_IMEI_Unlock_v1.2.2.rar. If a unlock code is required, any recommendations of which site I should get it.

akash3656

May 3, 2010
I would first try out flashing a known stable 4.3 ROM first and see if the issues persists. If it still does, go and reflash factory image and see if its still SIM locked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

aling77

Sep 10, 2010
I would first try out flashing a known stable 4.3 ROM first and see if the issues persists. If it still does, go and reflash factory image and see if its still SIM locked.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Well I flashed the stock 4.3 jwr66y and still the same problem, network locked. Where to from here?

akash3656

May 3, 2010
Well I flashed the stock 4.3 jwr66y and still the same problem, network locked. Where to from here?

Sorry man. I'm not too sure. My phone never had this problem. And since you flashed stock 4.3, why don't you try flashing stock 4.0.4 and try the FuxkDocomo you mentioned. Back on ICS days, people used this app to unlock. Do be careful and backup your /efs using TWRP though before you touch that app as some people have lost their IMEI using that app.

electrons

Feb 25, 2011
Locked or Blocked?

This seems similar to an issue I had.
Before you flash anything else, check your IMEI number matches your sticker on the back.
I recently found that I had corrupted my onboard IMEI, and did not have a saved backup of this.
I had to ship the phone to a repair shop in Texas to get it repaired.

Last edited:

aling77

Sep 10, 2010
It seems I got lucky.
I contacted a few service provides either by phone or on their website until I found a record of the phones IMEI. Luckily it turned up on a provides website that supplies unlock codes.

I applied the code and it worked although I am pretty sure the message displayed after entering the code said something about unlock unsuccessful. I did a factory reset and it still seems OK.

Hopefully it remains unlocked now.

Thanks for the suggestions.