New to Sony phones!

Search This thread

crzykiller

Sep 20, 2012
Hello everyone!

I left my beloved LG G2 (Damn good phone) 2 days ago to get the amazing Z2. All I gotta say is I'm already lovin this thing.
One thing i don't understand is the bootloader locking/unlocking. I got myself a Z2 from bell so the bootloader is not unlockable which means for some reason i can't install custom kernels and what not. However the G2's bootloader is also locked and flashing kernels was no problem.
The thing with the G2 is that we had an exploit called loki which many phones with locked bootloaders used (Galaxy S4, S5, LG G2, G pro 2, etc) and it allows us to install custom kernels and all that. Has anyone ever tried the loki exploit or is it completely different with Sony phones?

vipaman

Okay so basically it isnt as easy as you think it is. Sony makes it software a bit different than LG. Unlocking your bootloader is something most phones have to go through as far as I have seen. Plus the dev community here is a small one so it will take time but I doubt there is any other exploit or than just unlocking your bootloader.

crzykiller

Sep 20, 2012
Okay so basically it isnt as easy as you think it is. Sony makes it software a bit different than LG. Unlocking your bootloader is something most phones have to go through as far as I have seen. Plus the dev community here is a small one so it will take time but I doubt there is any other exploit or than just unlocking your bootloader.

Alright! thanks, hopefully soon i can get that Doomkernel on my Z2 :D

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
I just wouldn't have my hopes too high. The last time they managed to Crack the bootloader of an Xperia device was with the 2010 line, maybe 2011. Since then, no device that said their bootloader couldn't be unlocked, had it unlocked.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

V4LKyR

Jun 6, 2014
I'm avoiding this "bootloader" thing just because of the sony technologies comes embedded with the phone. Like X-Reality or ClearAudio+ or something else. I don't wanna lose them.

Other than that... why wouldn't I want to get an awesome kernel on my device, such as DooMKernel? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's different - head to the development section :)

It's super easy, so don't worry :)