Nexus one update 2.2.2 frg83g

Search This thread

MikeDez

Apr 7, 2009
Anybody had a chance to rip this apart and see what it fixes?
It's on androidcentral, I can't post links.
Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

r0derich

Dec 20, 2009
android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/passion/2854b06b22b9.signed-passion-FRG83G-from-FRG83D.2854b06b.zip

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Bohemus

Apr 30, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
My N1 isnt rooted, running stock 2.2.1, I never seem to get these updates even when using *#*#CHECKIN#*#* what would be wrong? Bootloader is unlocked, shouldnt I still be able to get OTA updates?

draugaz

May 13, 2009
Hummmm

Smells like a minor to prepare the ground for GB... :p

I doubt it has anything to do with GB. It is just a collection of pretty minor changes across the board.

To me it looks like rather bad news: what is the point of pushing out yet another minor update if there is a major update waiting just around the corner?

morfy50

Apr 16, 2010
My N1 isnt rooted, running stock 2.2.1, I never seem to get these updates even when using *#*#CHECKIN#*#* what would be wrong? Bootloader is unlocked, shouldnt I still be able to get OTA updates?

Same here! Can't remember the last time I got an OTA update. It's almost like I've been taken out of Google's update queue or something. It's very odd :-\

M

matknny

Just got it here. N1 stock was running 2.1. Suddenly came up.
Now running
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04
Kernal version: 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: FRG83G

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
Samsung Galaxy Watch
OnePlus 10 Pro
Just got it here. N1 stock was running 2.1. Suddenly came up.
Now running
Android version: 2.2.2
Baseband version: 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04
Kernal version: 2.6.32.9-27240-gbca5320 android-build@apa26 #1
Build number: FRG83G

Cool...looks like it updated your radio version from 4.06 to 5.08?
Did it update your HBoot version from .33 to.35?

Erigion

Aug 2, 2008
Washington, DC
I bet it's the SMS bugfixes that have been getting all that press recently and has nothing to do with laying the groundwork for GB or HC or IC or whatever else.

MENDEH

May 1, 2009
I doubt it has anything to do with GB. It is just a collection of pretty minor changes across the board.

To me it looks like rather bad news: what is the point of pushing out yet another minor update if there is a major update waiting just around the corner?

I agree this does seem like bad news.

Android is in a really bad news cycle right now and Google is trying to do damage control.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good work Google, this is exactly the update we've all been waiting for you to release! :p
    @vigorito

As long as you don't flash a custom recovery and a custom ROM, you will still receive OTA. However, after the next OTA, you will lose root and you will have to root again.
    Does it include the new Google Maps application?

Thanks

No, not for me anyway still 4.3.1 for me

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    There is a known issue with the stock calendar of event times shifting when travelling accros time zones. GB has introduced a fix to this issue which allows you to enter a time zone for each event. This is the only change in the GB calendar.

Looking at Android source code at android.git.kernel.org, it seems that this new code can run on Froyo, and I wondered whether it is included with 2.2.2. My question comes after inspecting the 2.2.2 .zip file which includes an update to the calendar and the calendar provider apps.

So, users of 2.2.2, have you seen a new Time Zone field option in the Calendar's Event Entry screen?
    I see. No, there is no new TZ field.
    Mine don't. Is there more alternatives to root frg83g?

Are you leaving the phone powered off until it says "waiting for device".

Sent via Tapatalk