[ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

Search This thread

couchmonkey

Mar 30, 2011
Only problem I noted wit BT was after disconnecting and trying to reconnect. I had to reboot. It would play media through the speaker even when it said the headset was connected.

Sent from my Rezound running CleanRom 2.1 ICS.

I've had that same problemwith Senseless. I havent tried it yet with thus since I just flashed itthis morning. But I would be playing music/pandora/dood's music and after a disconnnect from the car, it would play out of the speaker.

Caladus

Jan 5, 2012
Portland
I've had that same problemwith Senseless. I havent tried it yet with thus since I just flashed itthis morning. But I would be playing music/pandora/dood's music and after a disconnnect from the car, it would play out of the speaker.

Yeah. Does the same in my car as well.

Sent from my Rezound running CleanRom 2.1 ICS.

MrSmith317

Jun 18, 2010
Philadelphia
Hey so I don't know if this is a bug or feature, but while locked I can access the notifications bar and pull it down and clear notifications as if the phone was unlocked.

I never noticed that before and I can only imagine it works as it should. Remember that although this ROM works well and fairly bug free, it's still based on a leak, not a finished product.

Hag77

Feb 28, 2011
Thread page 69 <Beavis laugh>

Anyone read about freezing or disabling a callerid app fixing the flicker? Is that even packed in this rom I can't find it if so. I guess I need to try changing that animation value to 1.5- does that have any other effect on the rom?

lomar24

Nov 3, 2010

Anyone read about freezing or disabling a callerid app fixing the flicker? Is that even packed in this rom I can't find it if so. I guess I need to try changing that animation value to 1.5- does that have any other effect on the rom?

your popup windows will be slow. i use animation speed set to 0x and i dont see the screen flicker at all :/

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA
Just an FYI, I have been using all types of phones before the USA even had decent mobile phones, and I can guarantee I know how to follow instructions.

I'm still having the battery issue on any version of your ICS roms, if I go back to a none ICS rom, the battery works & charges just fine.

No, I'm not saying it's your roms fault, I like your roms which is why I haven't tried any other ICS ones. But, something weird is going on. My battery will not charge more than around 85% if the phone is powered on, after a reboot it will show 92%.

Powering off and charging will get too 100% & a green light.

On the first ICS build I had no issues except for the battery, on 2.1 I now get the blue flickering & the fix (tried all animation speeds) doesn't work.

It's still a damn good rom.

Thadrow

Jan 24, 2008
Every one said MMS received fine so I didn't check. I was told it didn't send, which it didn't. But it does now. I will check it out later on.

What doesn't work? Can you be specific?

Sending it. I believe i was able to recieve though. It stood stuck @ "sending". Even with a restart. I de sensed the rom though, so maybe that was something todo with it .

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

awmobjects

Sep 8, 2009

dyetheskin

Dec 12, 2006
bensalem, pa
well I figured out my issues with golauncher. I narrowed it being hd widgets or the theme I use wasn't compatible to the beta of the launcher. I'm finally enjoying ics for once. now all I need to figure out is the authentication code to patch gmail so I can get unread counts on my dock again with go notification. much trickier compared to 2.3.5.2 for gingerbread

sent from tapatalk on my rezound

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I never noticed that before and I can only imagine it works as it should. Remember that although this ROM works well and fairly bug free, it's still based on a leak, not a finished product.

Very true! It is a version the carrier did not want and thats what people have to keep in mind. Im sure when we get the final build things will be straightened out from the OS perspective.

But overall I am VERY HAPPY with what we managed to accomplish with a broken build :D

I took that out of 2.1 and I still see blue flicker. Its not enough for me to be worried abotu so I never bothered to change that animation value.

Just an FYI, I have been using all types of phones before the USA even had decent mobile phones, and I can guarantee I know how to follow instructions.

I'm still having the battery issue on any version of your ICS roms, if I go back to a none ICS rom, the battery works & charges just fine.

No, I'm not saying it's your roms fault, I like your roms which is why I haven't tried any other ICS ones. But, something weird is going on. My battery will not charge more than around 85% if the phone is powered on, after a reboot it will show 92%.

Powering off and charging will get too 100% & a green light.

On the first ICS build I had no issues except for the battery, on 2.1 I now get the blue flickering & the fix (tried all animation speeds) doesn't work.

It's still a damn good rom.

I have been building ROMS for quite some time and when users have issues I cannot reproduce gerneally It's an issue caused on there side by any number of factors. Hell it could a wallpaper they are using for all I know. But the ROM, fresh load, minimal apps, sycn all data, I still cannot reproduce the issue. Charging is perfect. Battery life is great. I only A/C charge so that could be a factor. But no one has given me a lot to work with as far as data that I can accumulate and hypothesize one.

If I can reproduce an issue I can fix it... This I cannot; so I am stumped. I cannot call it a ROM issue until I can see it myself. Every other bug people pointed out I have been able to reproduce and fix (within reason). But this one has me by the balls :eek:

Someone will need to send me a device for me to figure it out.

Sending it. I believe i was able to recieve though. It stood stuck @ "sending". Even with a restart. I de sensed the rom though, so maybe that was something todo with it .

Are you on 2.0 or 2.1. Senidng was broke on 2.0 but I can confirm 100% it sends fine on 2.1. Receive was never a problem on either version.

That's a feature of ICS, not a bug. Don't worry about it, its acting normal.

Wow, that seems like a bug to me, lol

-Scott

jackpot08

Jul 7, 2011
idk if this is a common ICS problem, a HTC problem, or this Rom problem...

but when taking a screenshot (POWER+VOL DOWN), when releasing it like hits the power button shutting off the screen locking phone.

btw i love this phone now cause of this rom

jrsmith

Aug 14, 2007
Virginia Beach
If I can reproduce an issue I can fix it... This I cannot; so I am stumped. I cannot call it a ROM issue until I can see it myself. Every other bug people pointed out I have been able to reproduce and fix (within reason). But this one has me by the balls :eek:

Someone will need to send me a device for me to figure it out.

In an effort to give you more data, here's where I stand with the battery problem.

At work today I was able to get it to charge to 100% while attached to and charging from a Macbook Pro. I think this happened because it was charged to 87% (as high as it will go) when I plugged it in, and I did a battery pull and forgot to turn it back on for a few minutes. It was at 91% when I finally did, and continued charging all the way. It then discharged to 97% or so and stayed there for maybe an hour, during use, then seemed to discharged normally.

I got home and flashed CleanROM 2.1 again, and didn't install anything. It's a clean install. I did a factory reset beforehand. I removed my SD card and wiped the internal SD, just because. I didn't even add my google account info.

I put it on the A/C charger about an hour ago. Battery was at 55% at the time. It's been stuck at 85% for the past 30 minutes. It charged very rapidly at first, then just hung.

I don't mind doing the last bit of charging while powered down, since the ROM overall is my favorite of the current crop, and it's still beta. I just don't think this can be written off as user error at this point. I'd send you my phone if I could stand to be away from it for more than 5 minutes :cool:

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer

but when taking a screenshot (POWER+VOL DOWN), when releasing it like hits the power button shutting off the screen locking phone.

Your holding down power too ling because of delay when screenshot actually works. Do the screen shot like normal and release right away and it will pause an then work. I think this is because activating screenshot triggers error report.

Reactions: tralfaz13

tralfaz13

Nov 20, 2007
Eastern PA
Absolutely love this ROM! Normally, I trend toward MIUI or a NilsP ROM (in the Dinc days), but this ROM has been rock-solid for me the past couple of days and I certainly appreciate not having to keep tweaking this workhorse because of issues. Kudos!

racinwarrior

Aug 12, 2010
In an effort to give you more data, here's where I stand with the battery problem.

At work today I was able to get it to charge to 100% while attached to and charging from a Macbook Pro. I think this happened because it was charged to 87% (as high as it will go) when I plugged it in, and I did a battery pull and forgot to turn it back on for a few minutes. It was at 91% when I finally did, and continued charging all the way. It then discharged to 97% or so and stayed there for maybe an hour, during use, then seemed to discharged normally.

I got home and flashed CleanROM 2.1 again, and didn't install anything. It's a clean install. I did a factory reset beforehand. I removed my SD card and wiped the internal SD, just because. I didn't even add my google account info.

I put it on the A/C charger about an hour ago. Battery was at 55% at the time. It's been stuck at 85% for the past 30 minutes. It charged very rapidly at first, then just hung.

I don't mind doing the last bit of charging while powered down, since the ROM overall is my favorite of the current crop, and it's still beta. I just don't think this can be written off as user error at this point. I'd send you my phone if I could stand to be away from it for more than 5 minutes :cool:

not doubting you at all, but for what its worth, i do not have this problem. Mine charges to 100% all the time no matter what. hope you get it figured out

Khayos

Jul 8, 2011
GA

It's power + home key

Sent from my Honey Badger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][05.10.12] CleanROM 4.5 Standard / Pro -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | Skins! |★-

CR4.5-Rez-1.png

CR4.5-Rez-2.png

about.png

CleanROM Developer Edition was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM Leak of Ice Cream Sandwich with a lot of Sense Removed! All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 5/9/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on Leaked RUU 3.11.605.22. ROM Supports both Gingerbread and ICS Firmware and S-ON or S-OFF!
    Please read the installation instructions!!! They have changed!

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat!
    Custom Tweaks App by Jan!
    Custom Team Blackout Sense 4.0 Clock Widget Skin
    Performance and Battery Enhancements!
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether
    Battery Icon with Percent (Stock Battery on SD Card)
    Super Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon
    Can be flashed with either firmware and S-ON or S-OFF

Pro.png

The Professional Edition of CleanROM

This ROM is identical to CleanROM Standard with the exception it is even cleaner;

The following are removed in this build:
    • All Social Networking apps and libraries
    • HTC Reader
    • Verizon Instant Messenger
    • Verizon Back up Service
    • Verizon Media Manager
    • Plus One
    • Picasa

NOTE: The Pro Edition Does not and will not support any of the removed apps. Please dont waste your time asking.

tweaks.png

Statusbar Tweaks
    Hide and Reorder Quicksetting
    Quick quicksettings toggle: If no notification to clear will show Quicksettings
    Hide WiFi Config
    Hide Specific Notifications Icons: Alarm / GPS / Bluetooth / WiFi / Data / Headset / Volume
    Battery Tweaks with MIUI Battery bar
    Clock Options
    Recent Apps Toggle
    Enable Transparency

Sense Tweaks
    Smooth Rosie Tweaks
    Toggle Unlock animation
    Toggle 5 Column App Drawer
    Toggle Paginated App Drawer
    Enable Transparency

Lockscreen Tweaks
    AOSP Lock Screen toggle
    Custom Carrier Caption
    Toggle Menu Key to Unlock
    Volume Keys to wake

Misc Tweaks
    Phone Info menu
    Capacitive Back light Settings
    Selectable Overscroll Colors
    Options for Advanced Power Menu

Advanced Tweaks
    Fix permissions
    Zipalaign apks
    Mount system rw/ro
    Wipe Battery stats
    Wipe cache/dalvik

changes.png

Changes in Version 4.5 - 5/10/2012
    • Added: Blackout ICS Skin
    • Fixed: Blackout Original Skin
    • Updated: Install method for S-ON / S-OFF! Read the install instructions! Major Changes to support all install methods!
    • Updated: Kernel and build.prop from 3.14 Leak
    • Updated: Facebook, Flash, Maps, Streets
    • Removed: SD Card Contents. Now seperate downloads. Read the install instructions!

tether.png

• Start Application
    • Go to Settings
    • Select Device Type -> Galaxy Nexus LTE
    • Select Change Setup-Method -> netd (master)
    • Select Enable WiFi-Encryption -> Your Choice
    • Select Routing Fix
    • Start Tether and allow Root

installation.png

There are 4 ways to install CleanROM 4.5

NOTE: If you are not S-OFF or on ICS Firmware you will need to download the Extra's and place them on the root of your SD Card BEFORE you flash the ROM! They are no longer included in the ROM file itself!

Method 1: Installation for S-OFF Devices on ICS firmware
    • S-OFF Recomended!
    • Copy ROM to SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • wipe data / Factory Reset
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 2: Installation for S-ON Devices on ICS firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 3: Installation for S-OFF Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Firmware Patch
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

Method 4: Installation for S-ON Devices on Gingerbread firmware
    • Copy ROM to SD Card AND PH98IMG.zip AND GB Firmware Patch to ROOT of SD Card
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GB Fimrware Patch
    • Use Developer Menu to reboot to bootloader and flash the boot.img file in the PH98IMG.zip
    • Reboot
    • Profit!

extra.png

Download PH98IMG.zip HERE! This is only for S-ON Devices

Download Gingerbread Firmware patch HERE! - You only need to do this if you are on Gingerbread Fimrware!

Flash All Zips except PH98IMG in recovery but you all knew that!

thanks.png

teamblackout.png

And the following XDA Developers and Members: dsixda - drellisdee - racinwarrior - lrod0175 - VinceOB - j4n87 - eboelzner

Alternate Kernels

I have created a flashable 3.13.607.5 Kernel and a flashable 3.14.605.5 Kernel for the ROM.

Some people feel that the 3.13.607.5 kernel gave better battery and cooling than the latest kernel.

Feel free to download and test for yourself!

These are in old school method as to make one simple step for everyone. This also resets mainver to 1.00.000.0 :D

Instructions
    1. Download to root of SD Card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Flash Zip
    4. Phone will reboot to hboot
    5. Press power one time so it will scan the SD Card
    6. Install boot.img when prompted
    7. Reboot when prompted

Download the 3.13.605.7 kernel HERE

Download the 3.14.605.5 kernel HERE
    Reserved for future use....
    Reserved for future use....
    Np. Not trying to bite your head off or anything, but wipe is always almost recommended.

You get to go off on someone and get a thanks for that.

I post a killer ROM and then a mirror by request and I get **** :(

700+ downloads in 7 hours and I have 12 thanks. Im not complaining... But really?