Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

uppon2

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 27, 2010
i downloaded the d4rom3.0.zip, wiped partition/dalvik and full data. then flashed the file with CWM, the file took about less than 10 seconds to flash?! is that normal?!

didn't take any chances in a reboot, so immediately flashed a previous restore of my current rom.

Sometimes it flashing EXTREMELY fast. Don't be scared :) - Nice Avatar by the way. I'm a hug Mel Brooks fan. :D

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I have install the 2.2 apk but no Battery Mod Menü. And the Update say 2.13 is new but i have install 2.2???

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
I have install the 2.2 apk but no Battery Mod Menü.

Did you install it as an update or did you replace it in system/app? I first installed it as an update and then on reboot i lost all new stuff and it messed with my reloaded settings. So i deleted the one in system folder and replaced it with 2.2 and it works and i have battery mods. Good luck

toxictoby

Mar 24, 2012
This rom is awesome man !! I love it, everything works fine here, after instal ota aplication i have all mods, keep this work up.
Big thanks for you !!!! :p

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

where do u get the ota application ??? or is it built into the rom ? downloading now you see

hakstern

Mar 26, 2012
Sydney
Finally got the Rom working Perfectly.

For users having trouble updating. There OTA like i did.

1. Download D4.2.2.APK from http://harjunpaa.fi/romota/files/
2. Put into your SD card
3. Use Root Uninstaller or any other programs to uninstall APK's
4. Uninstall the original D4 Prefferences.apk
5. Install the new D4 2.2.APK
6. Fixed and is updated.

Last edited:

toxictoby

Mar 24, 2012

2. Put into your SD card
6. Fixed and is updated.

what kernels can u use on this rom ?

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín

2. Put into your SD card
6. Fixed and is updated.

Thats a workaround. However, I just pushed OTA app last release, included Honeycomb Lockscreen mod, and download check (so you never mess up your system). Please restore all the mods, to original ones (only the ones that are OTA, not needed for local, like sounds or build.prop), if you want real data from new OTA, because I moved the preferences folder, so, latest version will be using /system/d4rom/ instead of /system/d4rom_backup. This folder is now not just used for backups, now it store preferences, so you dont get fake preferences (like something is disabled when it really is enabled). After downloading the app, just delete /system/d4rom_backup, if you want, its just old trash :p.

If you didn't understand this, wait to next rom release ;)

GLOBAL SUGGESTION: NEVER INSTALL D4ROM.APK AS NORMAL APK, IT WILL MESS UP OTA SYSTEM!, install on /system/app instead.

what kernels can u use on this rom ?

All CM9 compatible ones. But I Recommend using stock kernel included, if you dont have issues (gokhanmoral is just too smart making kernels, and I say this because I have some experience on kernel developing)

Last edited:
Reactions: nickwarn

toxictoby

Mar 24, 2012
Thats a workaround. However, I just pushed OTA app last release, included Honeycomb Lockscreen mod, and download check (so you never mess up your system). Please restore all the mods, to original ones (only the ones that are OTA, not needed for local, like sounds or build.prop), if you want real data from new OTA, because I moved the preferences folder, so, latest version will be using /system/d4rom/ instead of /system/d4rom_backup. This folder is now not just used for backups, now it store preferences, so you dont get fake preferences (like something is disabled when it really is enabled). After downloading the app, just delete /system/d4rom_backup, if you want, its just old trash :p.

If you didn't understand this, wait to next rom release ;)

GLOBAL SUGGESTION: NEVER INSTALL D4ROM.APK AS NORMAL APK, IT WILL MESS UP OTA SYSTEM!, install on /system/app instead.

what app ... where can i get this app i need for customisation :S

toxictoby

Mar 24, 2012
i use N.E.A.K rom on this and it works fine.

So far i've only tried neak and speedmod both work good.

This app is preinstalled when you flash D4Rom

it's called D4 Prefferences

ok thanks ... where is the customisation section ?

and also how do i get rid of that god awafal google search bar at the top of home screen lol

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Thats a workaround. However, I just pushed OTA app last release, included Honeycomb Lockscreen mod, and download check (so you never mess up your system). Please restore all the mods, to original ones (only the ones that are OTA, not needed for local, like sounds or build.prop), if you want real data from new OTA, because I moved the preferences folder, so, latest version will be using /system/d4rom/ instead of /system/d4rom_backup. This folder is now not just used for backups, now it store preferences, so you dont get fake preferences (like something is disabled when it really is enabled). After downloading the app, just delete /system/d4rom_backup, if you want, its just old trash
The new update downloads but dont install. SO i check system/app and there is D4 2.2 apk and the new D4 rom apk so i had to delete D4 rom 2.2 apk manual and reboot and now i have the new version.
So to all that downloaded from webpage files if you OTA update D4 app, you have to delete 2.2 app manualy to get it working.

hakstern

Mar 26, 2012
Sydney

and also how do i get rid of that god awafal google search bar at the top of home screen lol

Customization section is inside D4 ROM Preferences....

When you click that app should be

Battery style
LCD Change
Phone Hack
Sound Display
etc.

To get rid of google search i believe you use a launcher to remove it. Currently im using Apex Launcher. and that got rid of it.

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
The new update downloads but dont install. SO i check system/app and there is D4 2.2 apk and the new D4 rom apk so i had to delete D4 rom 2.2 apk manual and reboot and now i have the new version.
So to all that downloaded from webpage files if you OTA update D4 app, you have to delete 2.2 app manualy to get it working.

@everyone Oh yea, if you download any apk from webpage, rename to D4Rom.apk, and then install to system, or you will have this issue :p

For the search bar, go Settings > Launcher > Homescreen, and untick search bar

toxictoby

Mar 24, 2012
ok thanks alot for all the replies i got from you lot very fast ...

i love the rom ...

it also has moderate quadrant scores ... ill calibrate battery when its charged and we shall see wat the charge is like on this rom :)

but for now very good thanks alot for ur work :D

sirholm

Jul 5, 2011
I was thinking just in that :p.

About samsung keyboard, Maybe have some framework dependencies (as the f*cking sony ericsson one), but I can give it a try, please someone upload the apk, and ill check what we get

I think it's this file. Pulled it from Remix 1.0 where it worked flawlessly.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33986835/AxT9IME.apk

I really hope you can solve this keyboard issue, only a few custom roms keeps the Samsung Keyboard on latest releases and I as a Danish resident needs the dictionary to work or it will be a pain to type anything on my phone :)

When it's installed as a cwm-zip (from cm7 release) it works, but when you type li, lo, la, lu, etc then the keyboard crashes and hansgs up the phone for 20-25 sec :)

Thank you for taking time for this matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 | Per-App COLOR (newest PA invention), Dpi & UserInterface

logo.png

phoneeqfrj.jpg
    phabletneise.jpg
    tablet7wd3j.jpg

undefined9ye1s.jpg

untitled2j7jwf.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT. This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.

untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-COLOR, Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.

untitled-1jij2c.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• RECOVERY: FACTORY RESET IF YOU WERE USING ANOTHER ROM!
    • RECOVERY: Install Rom: Download
    • RECOVERY: Install Gapps, ALWAYS-EVEN FOR UPDATES: Download (find the latest one that carries the "jb" tag)
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Cache Partition
    • RECOVERY: Wipe Dalvik Cache
    • Reboot and enjoy

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

Special Thanks
    • Teamhacksung, For their awesome work all this time on CyanogenMod team, and a solid base for our device tree.
    • slade87 , For teaching me about android programming. You're the man.
    • To every single person that helped on this project, I can't keep the track because they are a lot!

VERY Special thanks to all the donators!, you support me for making a better work each day!
    UI: lags, tearing, glitches
    UI: Apps like NHK are broken
    Audio: bugs, missing features
    Camera: Recording partially broken

Let's wait until it stabilizes a bit, for now I close this thread to avoid spam :)
    I will start working on it now though.
    Well, I guess is time to close this thread, I leave you with a great developer. I will keep checking out once in a while S2 forums anyway, and of course I will keep developing PA with the rest of the guys.

Cheers,
    Jesús.
    Looks good however this belongs in the Android Development section and not the Original section.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Sorry clearly missunderstand that. I thought original section is whatever gets something built from scratch, as my OTA app does. However, thanks for the correction :)

EDIT: 21 may 2012... we got moved to original section :D
    EDIT: 22 may 2012... zombies all over the world.