[Q] Problem with daughters xoom

Search This thread
Jun 14, 2013
Daughter loves her xoom but a few days ago her password quit working- same password she has used since she got it in 2012, plus it doesn't show my wifi network on the unlock screen anymore. Xoom is bone stock with all current updates.

I figure it was stuck in a loop and attempted soft reboot-no luck...on to hard reset, pwr+down vol., goes to android recovery but no selection available just a picture of android on it's back with access hatch open and a large red triangle containing an exclamation point...froze up at that point but would soft reset and reboot to unlock screen but still no-go on the password and no-go on identifying the network.

I have gone through this 5-6 time since with no luck but now it will not go to android recovery, but instead "starting fastboot protocol support" comes up every time in LH corner of the screen.

I have exhausted my limited knowledge...any ideas??? Motorola support online was a waste of time and they want $100 if I send it in.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

superbay

Jun 28, 2010
Wonosari
Daughter loves her xoom but a few days ago her password quit working- same password she has used since she got it in 2012, plus it doesn't show my wifi network on the unlock screen anymore. Xoom is bone stock with all current updates.

I figure it was stuck in a loop and attempted soft reboot-no luck...on to hard reset, pwr+down vol., goes to android recovery but no selection available just a picture of android on it's back with access hatch open and a large red triangle containing an exclamation point...froze up at that point but would soft reset and reboot to unlock screen but still no-go on the password and no-go on identifying the network.

I have gone through this 5-6 time since with no luck but now it will not go to android recovery, but instead "starting fastboot protocol support" comes up every time in LH corner of the screen.

I have exhausted my limited knowledge...any ideas??? Motorola support online was a waste of time and they want $100 if I send it in.

Thank you in advance.

When you are in the android robot screen, press both volume up and power button and the recovery option will appear. You can do factory reset from there and delete user data to reset the password as well

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2013
Ah just edited my post just now. Try it when you can go to recovery

Thanks, but it won't even go to recovery anymore- just to fastboot protocol support. No matter what I do. Should I try a complete battery drain and then recharge and see if something resets and allows access to recovery again? I'm out of ideas.

Thank you again for the suggestions.

superbay

Jun 28, 2010
Wonosari
Thanks, but it won't even go to recovery anymore- just to fastboot protocol support. No matter what I do. Should I try a complete battery drain and then recharge and see if something resets and allows access to recovery again? I'm out of ideas.

Thank you again for the suggestions.

Hmmm that's odd. If i may suggest, maybe you can try sbf too since it requires you to go to fastboot as well. But that's the very last resort everyone could ever do to their device. Never knew about battery drain method but you can try your way if you want to

kblade29m

Aug 3, 2012
Tried it when the robot appeared...nothing. It was frozen and I had to soft boot to get out. Now it won't even go to recovery, it goes dtraight to "starting fastboot protocol support" and then freezes.

Since you still can get to "starting fastboot protocol support", you can still use fastboot from command line.
Go google this "Motorola Xoom final rescue". It will teach you how to flash it back to
Stock Rom (Honeycomb).

Once your Xoom back in action, you can always upgrade it back to Jellybean.
You can boot into recovery using below command if USB debugging is enabled.
> adb reboot recovery

Top Liked Posts