Nexus 7 Wake/Sleep case doesnt work

Search This thread

Karlo666

Apr 28, 2012
Kaštel Lukšić
I bought last year LTE version of N7.
So i ordered Nillkin Leather Wakeup case wich i really like.
Before case came i sent my N7 to RMA and i got it today.
I was put my tablet in that Nillkin case all was fine until i tryed to use it.
Device wont sleep/wake whit this special made case.
I dont know whats happening.Is this some cruel joke by Google/Asus to not include magnetic sensor in LTE version or what?

Karlo666

Apr 28, 2012
Kaštel Lukšić
In the latest update android 4.4.2, the problem about the magnet of n7 has solved. If u use the latest update 4.4.2 but the case doesnt works, I think the problem is in your devices. But recently, if u use android 4.3, let update to 4.4.2 and the problem will be solved

I tested case and it seems its not working.
It wont stick.
Contacted seller on eBay and he said he will send me other one.

POS/NEG
kBernFz.jpg

koller1994

Jan 14, 2014
why dont u use moko ultra slim case. I think moko is much better than nillkin
*now i am using moko case :v*

insanezz

Jan 3, 2014
I've also just bought the nilkin case and the sleep/wake function doesn't work ... This was the reason i bought the case.. I'm also full stock.. Does nobody have a solution :'(?

Last edited:

insanezz

Jan 3, 2014
I got new one for free.
Now it works fine.
Seems that seller has much of defective units.

Hmm... I think i also need to return mine.. But just a quick question for you since you have the case. Could you maybe check with a paperclip or something where the magnet is located in the case?

Because in my case i can't seem to find any magnet.. That's probarly the reason it doesn't work i gues. I've also tried another nexus 7 from a friend of mine and the sleep/wake doesn't work at his either.

Thanks for the effort.

Karlo666

Apr 28, 2012
Kaštel Lukšić
Hmm... I think i also need to return mine.. But just a quick question for you since you have the case. Could you maybe check with a paperclip or something where the magnet is located in the case?

Because in my case i can't seem to find any magnet.. That's probarly the reason it doesn't work i gues. I've also tried another nexus 7 from a friend of mine and the sleep/wake doesn't work at his either.

Thanks for the effort.

Thing is magent isnt that strong but its enough to sleep/wake device and thats how it should be.
Just RMA it its defective.