OPO getting hot

Search This thread

jdh10475

Aug 16, 2010
Austin
My OPO is getting hot when using hangouts video chat and navigation. I could understand if I was playing a resource intensive game but video chat and navigation. Any one else notice this?

B

bachera

no

define hot
factory reset without recovering app/data
try different rom/kernel
etc

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

droidnext

Jul 2, 2012
I never use video chat so I don't know. But its getting hot when I playing clash of clan, it's not even graphically game.

kokocabana

Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
I use this cpu temperature app to monitor the temp when playing games. My phone tends to idle at low 30s celsius and ramps up quickly into the 60s under load. I've hit peaks of 73 celsius while playing plants vs zombies 2 and the app can notify you when it gets above 70. I think the sandstone back is keeping the heat insulated unlike other metal/plastic phones.

Ziglez

Aug 15, 2014
I never use video chat so I don't know. But its getting hot when I playing clash of clan, it's not even graphically game.

I've played countless games and i play clash of clans a lot. Never had the phone get hot yet, It's surprisingly good with heat compared to my nexus 4.

Last edited:

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
I use this cpu temperature app to monitor the temp when playing games. My phone tends to idle at low 30s celsius and ramps up quickly into the 60s under load. I've hit peaks of 73 celsius while playing plants vs zombies 2 and the app can notify you when it gets above 70. I think the sandstone back is keeping the heat insulated unlike other metal/plastic phones.

Not even, I have my phone overclocked to 2,880 megahertz and this phone handles heat far better than my old Nexus 5 and G3.

jdh10475

Aug 16, 2010
Austin
Let my follow up my opening post with this is my 2nd OPO sold the first one and I never remember it getting hot. So on this phone I thought it was a little strange. I will try the CPU temperature app.

droidnext

Jul 2, 2012
People define "hot" differently, so I installed CPU temperature app to see how hot. I got 122 F playing clash of clan. I guess it's OK.

WearTheFoxHat

Dec 11, 2007
Scrobbesbyrig
Sorry to bump an old thread. But I'm definitely getting this.

I'd been using my OPO for Hangouts video chat over H/H+ network, with a fairly strong signal. I noticed afterwards that around the camera area it was just about bearable to touch.

Just recently when using hangouts for video chat, it will get to a certain point and turn off the phone. I presume this is a safety shutdown because of heat. It's happened three or four times over the past week.

Think I'm going to have to take the plunge and either factory reset ... OR try a different ROM. (Currently on Stock).

drsam007

May 8, 2011
Hangouts running hot

I got my OPO 3 days back. I had voice-only hangout session of around 30 mins yesterday night, and I can confirm that phone was really hot around top half. So hot that I was not able to place it on my ears - had to keep it slightly away while talking.

Performance settings on my phone are: Governor - Interactive, Scheduler - ROW. Should I change it to Powersave or Conservative?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I use hangouts video chat on a daily basis and tonight when I was done I noticed my phone was very hot.