Why is my GS3 doing this ?

Search This thread

Madarox

Feb 16, 2012
Alexandria
ok,30 minutes ago my gs3 was next to me and I had music on then all of a sudden the ''Samsung Galaxy S III" splash screen appeared.It kept appearing and disappearing so I took the battery out for a while then inserted it and it turned on.5 minutes later the same thing happened and now it is working again but well this might happen again.What could be the problem ? can it be SDS ? but I had my gs3 for a year and a half so I doubt that.I'm running wanamlite 4.1.2,have been using this rom for almost a year.(except for trying out a few other roms sometimes).

KSKHH

Dec 28, 2012
ok,30 minutes ago my gs3 was next to me and I had music on then all of a sudden the ''Samsung Galaxy S III" splash screen appeared.It kept appearing and disappearing so I took the battery out for a while then inserted it and it turned on.5 minutes later the same thing happened and now it is working again but well this might happen again.What could be the problem ? can it be SDS ? but I had my gs3 for a year and a half so I doubt that.I'm running wanamlite 4.1.2,have been using this rom for almost a year.(except for trying out a few other roms sometimes).

You can try this:-

Go to recovery and do factory reset. (You will loose all software installed by you, may b contact & sms too)

Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache

Madarox

Feb 16, 2012
Alexandria
Tried a factory reset and tried restoring to a an old backup,didn't help.I didn't try reflashing the rom, I doubt it will work because restoring to a backup that was working fine didn't help either.I'm thinking about giving it to samsung,hope they won't blame rooting and custom rom for the problem but I'm out of warranty period anyways.

Tessmaster

Jan 6, 2013
Try another rom! But with a clean install! don't restore your nadroid backup data, use Titanium Backup for your apps.

Madarox

Feb 16, 2012
Alexandria
I noticed that it happens when I actually use the phone(like for a few minutes) but when it's idle,it operates normally.

I don't have any other roms right now and I can't download any because my internet is limited currently.

UPDATE: It looks like the problem is the power button because when the phone does boot,the boot menu keeps showing up and when I pull the battery and insert it again,it boots automatically.I will get it fixed,thanks all.

Last edited: