Fingerprint issue

Search This thread

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Hi guys,

For x reasons I noticed my fingerprint stopped working today. I'm getting this message.
7a8yze9u.jpg

I tried to restarting and shutting down the device. It didn't change anything. Any idea?

sent from my s5 you 'Mirin?

kingoanklebreakn

Nov 26, 2008
I think another person who had that issue ended up having to exchange theirs. The only thing I can think of to try before that is a factory reset.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

LeKtRiCzzz

Jan 8, 2011
I wouldn't flash anything don't want to trip the Knox counter and void warrenty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
I did root the device already. Didn't it void the warranty?

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Before doing a factory reset, try to ask for help first. You can go back to the store or the carrier you bought the phone or call your technical support. Ask also if by rooting your device, did it void the warranty.

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Meh. I was planning to flash a ROM which would result in a factory reset, if doing that would help I'll get the same results. Although, I'll try to contact the technical support to see if they have any idea of this problem

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
Fast update, I did a factory update and installed a new ROM, the issue is still there. I may have to flash back to the stock ROM and bring it back. I'm not sure what's the policy though

xaznxplaya

Jan 15, 2010
I called the store and my 15days have passed. Its either I can send it for repair or keel it like this. Seriously I don't use the fingerprint at all but its about when I'll be selling it. Would there be another way to fix this?