[mods can close this thread]Lets make an ICS device configuration tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
Well i need proprietary-files because its the reference file on what extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh work with. Why would the sue me? I wont be focusing on any errors until all the required stuff is in (but thanks for the feedback).

I don't think that he was referring to "proprietary-files.txt". Its just the binary files that the extract-files.sh script extracts that should not be on github. That was my fault. I took them down as far as I can tell (i'm still learning to use git, I much prefer svn).

just add "proprietary/" to your .gitignore and remove the cached files from github. it will still be in your local source tree. I believe the command I used was either "git rm -r --cached proprietary/" or "git rm -r --cached proprietary". I don't remember which one it was and I can't test currently because I'm booted into windows 7 at the moment :/

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

do u think we have to set up a bounty or how are we going to convince him

He seems kind of busy, but asking nicely goes a long way. just not all everybody at once! haha

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
I'm trying to get undeadk9 to help out with this as well
He has cooked an AOSP ICS rom, before anyone else did for our phone (pretty sure). I replied to his ICS thread over at rootz, but he seldom comes on anymore.
If anyone knows how to get in touch with him more directly, I encourage them to do so

inkling

Nov 27, 2010
Thank you for getting this going! I don't know the least thing about code but I do know this is taking us closer to ICS and CM9, and I'm grateful.

Reactions: Emmanuel U

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
As far as I understand it means it's not using the correct binutils?!? I mean, I've been compiling Android hundreds of times, just never for ARM, only x86 ;) - so can anyone point me to a solution

Stefan

What distribution/version are you running? I'm able to compile sensation on ubuntu 11.10 (I did have to edit the linker.cpp file, but that is well documented by now)

Did you try updating your os?

Last edited:

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
Code:
target thumb C++: libLLVMARMCodeGen <= external/llvm/lib/Target/ARM/Thumb2ITBlockPass.cpp
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:19: error: Resource does not already exist in overlay at 'entries_heapsize'; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:20: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:21: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:22: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:23: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:24: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:25: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:26: error: Resource at entries_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:29: error: Resource does not already exist in overlay at 'values_heapsize'; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:30: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:31: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:32: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:33: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:34: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:35: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
device/htc/doubleshot/overlay/packages/apps/Settings/res/values/arrays.xml:36: error: Resource at values_heapsize appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.
make: *** [out/target/common/obj/APPS/Settings_intermediates/src/R.stamp] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

I can't wrap my head around this error...

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
from what i can suspect maybe files that are defined in overlay arent defined in the actual rom source.....so it said use th command add resource...thanks i will update errors on the website tomorrow

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
Hey guys, I don't want to complain, but the xmc github repo doesn't seem quite usable right now.

Firstly because you don't usually commit backup files (all files with ~ at the end, check your .gitignore or .git/info/exclude), and secondly because there are some misspellings (doublehsot instead of doubleshot). Here's a patch to quickly make it even build for me:
Code:
diff --git a/device.mk b/device.mk
index 59a926d..b261f63 100644
--- a/device.mk
+++ b/device.mk
@@ -66,11 +66,11 @@ PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
 ## ramdisk stuffs
 PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
     device/htc/doubleshot/prebuilt/init:root/init \
-    device/htc/doubleshot/ramdisk/init.doublehsot.rc:root/init.doublehsot.rc \
-    device/htc/doubleshot/ramdisk/ueventd.doublehsot.rc:root/ueventd.doublehsot.rc
+    device/htc/doubleshot/ramdisk/init.doubleshot.rc:root/init.doubleshot.rc \
+    device/htc/doubleshot/ramdisk/ueventd.doubleshot.rc:root/ueventd.doubleshot.rc

## (2) Also get non-open-source specific aspects if available
-$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/htc/doubleshot/doublehsot-vendor.mk)
+$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/htc/doubleshot/doubleshot-vendor.mk)

# Additional NAM Audio DSP Profiles to NAM Package
@@ -133,11 +133,11 @@ PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
     device/htc/doubleshot/keylayout/h2w_headset.kl:system/usr/keylayout/h2w_headset.kl\
     device/htc/doubleshot/keylayout/AVRCP.kl:system/usr/keylayout/AVRCP.kl \
     device/htc/doubleshot/keylayout/qwerty.kl:system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl\
-    device/htc/doubleshot/keylayout/doublehsot-keypad.kl:system/usr/keylayout/doublehsot-keypad.kl
+    device/htc/doubleshot/keylayout/doubleshot-keypad.kl:system/usr/keylayout/doubleshot-keypad.kl

# Keychars
 PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
-    device/htc/doubleshot/keychars/doublehsot-keypad.kcm:system/usr/keychars/doublehsot-keypad.kcm
+    device/htc/doubleshot/keychars/doubleshot-keypad.kcm:system/usr/keychars/doubleshot-keypad.kcm
     device/htc/doubleshot/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin
     device/htc/doubleshot/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin:system/usr/keychars/qwerty2.kcm.bin

@@ -185,4 +185,4 @@ $(call inherit-product, device/htc/doubleshot/media_htcaudio.mk)

$(call inherit-product, frameworks/base/build/phone-hdpi-512-dalvik-heap.mk)

-$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/htc/doubleshot/doublehsot-vendor.mk)
+$(call inherit-product-if-exists, vendor/htc/doubleshot/doubleshot-vendor.mk)
diff --git a/device_doubleshot.mk b/device_doubleshot.mk
index 4a9e8c9..ef1ecac 100644
--- a/device_doubleshot.mk
+++ b/device_doubleshot.mk
@@ -132,5 +132,5 @@ $(call inherit-product, device/htc/doubleshot/media_htcaudio.mk)

$(call inherit-product, frameworks/base/build/phone-xhdpi-1024-dalvik-heap.mk)

-PRODUCT_NAME := htc_doubleshot
+PRODUCT_NAME := cm_doubleshot
 PRODUCT_DEVICE := doubleshot
diff --git a/full_doubleshot.mk b/full_doubleshot.mk
index 519b1fa..c4ce60d 100644
--- a/full_doubleshot.mk
+++ b/full_doubleshot.mk
@@ -39,7 +39,7 @@ $(call inherit-product, $(SRC_TARGET_DIR)/product/full_base_telephony.mk)
 $(call inherit-product, device/htc/doubleshot/device.mk)

# Set those variables here to overwrite the inherited values.
-PRODUCT_NAME := full_doubleshot
+PRODUCT_NAME := cm_doubleshot
 PRODUCT_DEVICE := doubleshot
 PRODUCT_BRAND := HTC
 PRODUCT_MANUFACTURER := HTC

Also, I couldn't find these files on my phone:
Code:
/etc/AIC3254_REG_DualMic_XB.csv
/etc/AIC3254_REG_DualMic_XC.csv
/lib/libacdbloader.so
/lib/libacdbmapper.so
So I removed them from the proprietary-files.txt.

I guess I'll fork you some time on GH and pull request - if I have more time :)

Anyway, keep up the work :)

Stefan

Last edited:

michaelmab88

Nov 9, 2010
Bentonville
Hey guys, I don't want to complain, but the xmc github repo doesn't seem quite usable right now.

Firstly because you don't usually commit backup files (all files with ~ at the end, check your .gitignore or .git/info/exclude), and secondly because there are some misspellings (doublehsot instead of doubleshot). Here's a patch to quickly make it even build for me:

Also, I couldn't find these files on my phone:

So I removed them from the proprietary-files.txt.

I guess I'll fork you some time on GH and pull request - if I have more time :)

Anyway, keep up the work :)

Stefan

lol... complaints are good! It keeps us on our toes and points out stuff we might not have realized. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

I have a few things to commit to my repo, but I'm focusing on a final exam I have on Wednesday. I'm afraid I won't be of much use for a couple days other than to drop by and check up on things.

I did see some activity on kornyone's github... So that's good news!!

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
^+1 on tht and good luck on your exams.....but whenever you have free time....make sure to go on irc chat. that way you might catch me or someonelse and we can collaborate :)

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
Package complete: /home/stefan/Development/cm9/system/out/target/product/doubleshot/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-doubleshot-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
4ba17225995dec3447fbf41e026d13fc update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-doubleshot-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
Ok so far so good. I think it'll take some time investigating what else could be wrong before I'll try to flash this baby ;)

Stefan

seidler2547

Nov 24, 2007
Leipzig
whos repo did you use...mine or michaels
Yours, because at the time I checked out yours was a couple of commits ahead of michaels.

Hi Stefan,

I'm curious,

Were you compiling with kernel source or a prebuilt kernel?

Michael
Just prebuilt kernel for now. I think once this is working, the next step would be to take the pyramid kernel project and see what needs to be adapted.

Now is it true that the AOKP team is able to compile from source? Then we should definitely check what we can learn there :)

Stefan

Last edited:
Reactions: gtmaster303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    project done...lol sorta. cm9 device tree released.
    mods you may close and unpin if you feel neccesary
    Well i need proprietary-files because its the reference file on what extract-files.sh and setup-makefiles.sh work with. Why would the sue me? I wont be focusing on any errors until all the required stuff is in (but thanks for the feedback).

I don't think that he was referring to "proprietary-files.txt". Its just the binary files that the extract-files.sh script extracts that should not be on github. That was my fault. I took them down as far as I can tell (i'm still learning to use git, I much prefer svn).

just add "proprietary/" to your .gitignore and remove the cached files from github. it will still be in your local source tree. I believe the command I used was either "git rm -r --cached proprietary/" or "git rm -r --cached proprietary". I don't remember which one it was and I can't test currently because I'm booted into windows 7 at the moment :/

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

do u think we have to set up a bounty or how are we going to convince him

He seems kind of busy, but asking nicely goes a long way. just not all everybody at once! haha
    Hey guys, great work! I was actually starting to look into it, too.

I started to try and just compile the pyramid tree (following this guide), but I ran into problems:
    Code:
     Error: bad barrier type -- `dmb st'

As far as I understand it means it's not using the correct binutils?!? I mean, I've been compiling Android hundreds of times, just never for ARM, only x86 ;) - so can anyone point me to a solution?

Stefan
    P.S.: Are you planning to compile the kernel as well? Because I saw that the pyramid kernel project has made some quite nice progress, with overclocking/undervolting during runtime and other nice features.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

Actually its thanks to vorbeth for his progress on the opensensation tree. Mine is nothing more than a fork of his work with every instance of "Sensation" replaced with "myTouch_4g_slide" and every instance of "pyramid" replaced with "doubleshot". I wouldn't have expected it to compile.

The only additions i made were extracting the proprietary files from the doubleshot. There are many many days of code investigating ahead.

I think the proprietary files should not be in any public repo (danger of being sued by HTC or kicked out by Github). For the pyramid there's a shell script which pulls them of the original device via adb.

Stefan
    guys check my github as well as michael's for status updates. We made a lot of progress today
    Now open for beta testing...goto project home for more details