[ROM] The Arctic

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
WARNING: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT TESTING OR FLASHING ANY ROMS UNTIL WE GET FASTBOOT FILES.
YOU CAN AND MAY BRICK!!!

69603953.png

Originally Developed by shady_lanem

68867753.png

Rooted
Deodexed
PNG Optimized
Zipaligned
1% Battery Mod
Themes and tweaks
Minimal Blurs
Debloated
Cpu Optimization
Reboot option in power menu
8 toggles notification drop down
Speedy v7 scripts
build.prop tweaks
Webtop HDMI Hack
Dalvikvm tweak
RTL support
GPS lock/accuracy tweak
Smooth scrolling mod
Wake on volume keys mod
Ram optimization script
Supercharge custom scripts
Proximity tweak
Music app from ICS
Gallery 3D
CM7 Email appBased of 6.11.748 Deodexed

99653617.png

PLEASE DO A BACKUP AND INSTALL SAFESTRAP OR BOOTSTRAP BEFORE ATTEMPT TO FLASH THIS ROM!
After initial setup, choose launcher instead of Setup

Known issues/bugs in 2.3.3 for Droid 4:
  • Notifications not making sounds most of the time
    FIXED. Was only the stock messaging app. Added ChompSMS to fix.
  • Facebook sync not working
    FIXED. Added a pre-loaded app that can do this for you.
  • Calendar widget is broken
    FIXED. Added a pre-loaded widget that can do this for you.
  • 4G LTE shows up as H in the status bar
    Will be FIXED in the upcoming 3.0.0 Arctic theme by mopar57
  • Keyboard backlight won't light up
    MAY be FIXED in 2.3.3 (Need a tester!)

26079385.png

How to install the ROM
1. Download the ROM from links provided below
2. Put it to the external sdcard
3. Boot into SafeStrap, switch to Safe System Enabled
4. Wipe data/Factory reset
5. Wipe cache partition
6. Navigate to the folder you've put the zip file
7. Choose the zip file and install
8. Reboot and wait for it to boot up

75778485.png

benjiprize || Rovirar14 || nagnrik

v2.3.1-CDMA VZW Version added (Thanks nitroglycerine33 for deodexed cdma system)
-Reboot option in Power menu modded
-ZumoCast added (Same function as MotoCast)
-Contacts for vzw ver. fixed (thanks blkghost22)
-Theme tweaks​

Some notes for Droid 4 owners:
According to this thread on XDA the Arctic Rom is flashable on the Droid 4 as well.
Some things to note:
  • The keyboard's backlight will not light up. (MAYBE fixed in 2.3.3...need a tester)
Flash as your own risk. I am doing my best to get this Rom to work better on 2.3.6 Gingerbread, and I am going to start with bluetooth.
Shady_lanem has given up Razr work and has granted me permission to his Arctic Rom.

If you are going to flash this before the fastboot files are out, do so carefully and in safestrap. (Even then I don't recommend safestrap until we get a Droid 4 version from hashcode).

For rooting use the Droid 4 Utility threads for Mac/Linux and Windows. (by skylarmb)

Download The Arctic 2.3.3:

Size: 224.94 MB
MD5: c589a9cb5e43b6bf1b57ba105c01c1f2
Link: http://goo-inside.me/roms/mattlgroff/TheArctic_v2.3.3_VZW.zip

Download The Arctic 2.3.2:

Size: 223.61 MB
MD5: 91d3bb4e119ee0da392ba04fe1173407
Link: http://goo-inside.me/roms/mattlgroff/TheArctic_v2.3.2_VZW.zip

Stock Rom:

Size: 255.85 MB
MD5: a251142f5b850e4ad281fb98318ab1e4
Link: Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading Droid4StockRootedRom.zip

Enjoy~!If you feel like contributing to my Razr Dev fund you may do so here.

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
73561492.png
6562814513_88ef04beb3.jpg
6562814335_46229f4f96.jpg
6487129135_f9ce677460.jpg
6562814389_52138ab819.jpg
6562814389_52138ab819.jpg
6487130185_e4138a7788.jpg
droidrazr.gif
6675008229_63897286b7.jpg

Note: These are from 2.3.1 and below. I am having a big re-theme of Arctic being done by mopar57 and 3.0.0 will look a lot different, better even!

Last edited:

reigndropz

Feb 26, 2009
And a special shoutout to Reigndropz for doing this initial testing and getting it to run on our D4's......

vladimirtm

Jul 31, 2010
hi i just instal this rom and keyboard wont light up,and it say symcard error not ready for 4G LTE.help please

vladimirtm

Jul 31, 2010
i did that bu battery dies and when chargin it has this "?" on battery whats wrong?
well i think its sometthing wrong with system a miss match cuz i can only go back to this rom but no to stock but who knows,i guess im gona keep this rom till we get fastboot file to go back to stock thanks

reigndropz

Feb 26, 2009
well i think its sometthing wrong with system a miss match cuz i can only go back to this rom but no to stock but who knows,i guess im gona keep this rom till we get fastboot file to go back to stock thanks

Well at least you are up and running. Did you try flashing the stock rom .zip like i said in the post earlier?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mentioned many of those issues already.

This is a RAZR Rom for 2.3.5 and you are using it on Droid 4 2.3.6. I am working hard on a better UI with mopar57 and have fixed many of the bugs you are talking about.

I hope by "That rom is horrible!" you meant the way it works with the Razr 2.3.5 version on Droid 4 2.3.6....

Yes thats what i meant.I love this community and its devs. I know they take time out of their day to put smiles on our faces and i highly respect everyone here that contributes whether be it a rom or just advice on fixing bugs. I in no way meant to offend anyone and if i did i am sorry. I guess what i did was a thinking out loud moment. I am grateful for people who do things such as risking their $600+ device to push the envelope for everyone else who is to scared. I always gladly test things out on my phone to try to give back. Again sorry for ranting and i apologize to anyone i offended including you mattlgroff
    OK, you flashed a Rom. How did you get it to run on D4 other than that? lol

Well i didnt take a whole post, duplicate it and present it as if i did something......just sayin. :p
    I don't think there is a Droid 4 GSM version?

My bad....I meant if he flashed the GSM version instead of the CDMA.
    Shady_lanem has given up Razr work and has granted me permission to his Arctic Rom.

@podspi
    I was meaning that THIS quote is totally false.
    Read the first post and you'll find it.

Also, I agree that Android is GPL, but IMHO if anyone is kanging etc, he should specify that this is a KANG.

Making it clear, read bdsullivan's post. He's explaining everything that can be explained in.. just some words. Effective and brilliant.

@kwyrt
    I wasn't referring to myfishbear, but to mattlgroff!

@bdsullivan
    Nah, it isn't a legal issue at all....and I completely quote you.
    Fishbear i dont think any of the fault lies with you. I for one am happy that you took this and eclipse and made them work. I guess from what kholk is saying mattlgroff never had permission to port. That is an issue that needs to be settled between him and the original dev. I am sure it may have been a misunderstanding somewhere between the two.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk