ZTE Blade v880 256MB RAM, tried CM7.1.0 and its slow as hell. Recomendations?

Search This thread

ochentay4

Sep 8, 2011
Hi, I have ZTE Blade v880 256MB RAM, tried CM7.1.0 and its slow as hell. Recomendations? I have clockwork mod installed so I can try other roms (its gen2).

Any ROM designed for such little ram? CyanogenMod 7.1.0 lags terribly, its unusable, it almost never has ram free.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: ITS A CHINESE UNICOM PHONE.

Last edited:

wbaw

You could try my CM7 kang: http://kan.gd/1h7f

CM7 was written & tested for the European 512mb ram version of the phone, that doesn't run out of ram so badly. My kanged version has a few tweaks to the kernel to make it run faster.

You could try enabling swap space by formatting your sd card in clockworkmod, might as well create a ext partition too. 512mb ext & 128mb swap should be ok. That'll let your phone use the sd card as virtual memory. You could also try compcache.

There are a few other settings to make it a bit faster too, like overclocking. Disable surface dithering for faster graphics. Look in CyanogenMod settings.

You could also try GSF, it's based on a zte 2.3.5 with few customisations, it might use a bit less ram than CM7.

Last edited:

ochentay4

Sep 8, 2011
You could try my CM7 kang: http://kan.gd/1gwb

CM7 was written & tested for the European 512mb ram version of the phone, that doesn't run out of ram so badly. My kanged version has a few tweaks to the kernel to make it run faster.

You could try enabling swap space by formatting your sd card in clockworkmod, might as well create a ext partition too. 512mb ext & 128mb swap should be ok. That'll let your phone use the sd card as virtual memory. You could also try compcache.

There are a few other settings to make it a bit faster too, like overclocking. Disable surface dithering for faster graphics. Look in CyanogenMod settings.

You could also try GSF, it's based on a zte 2.3.5 with few customisations, it might use a bit less ram than CM7.
Thanks, will try to test to create a ext partition and swap and compchache. I think that any rom designed to run on 512mb ram will run ultra slow for 256mb cellphones. Would be nice to have a really clean rom (CM7.1.0 is filled with stuff I dont use).

Reactions: gingerstirfry

Faiz Malkani

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
faizmalkani.com
I too have a 256mb blade and cm7.1 is working fine. Try disabling surface dithering and enabling 16bit transparency. Also overclock to 710 MHz ( standard for blade. However mine is 748 MHz and stable)

It should work fine after this. Is it always slow, or just at boot?

Sent from my Blade using xda premium

ochentay4

Sep 8, 2011
I too have a 256mb blade and cm7.1 is working fine. Try disabling surface dithering and enabling 16bit transparency. Also overclock to 710 MHz ( standard for blade. However mine is 748 MHz and stable)

One more question:
I think I have some problems on recieving sms and calls. Sometimes I dont get sms/calls from my friends despite being sent on their phones. What could it be? Does ClockworkMod tinker with this things? I called the Service Company and they said there is nothing wrong with the telephone or the number.

Faiz Malkani

XDA Portal Team / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
faizmalkani.com
One more question:
I think I have some problems on recieving sms and calls. Sometimes I dont get sms/calls from my friends despite being sent on their phones. What could it be? Does ClockworkMod tinker with this things? I called the Service Company and they said there is nothing wrong with the telephone or the number.

No clockwork doesn't change these. Its a gingerbread thing. Go to settings/cm settings/performance/lock messaging app in memory. Enable it. Also try these settings

10% compcache
JIT disabled
Dithering enabled
Allow purging of assets
Lock messaging in memory
Heap size 32

Hit THANKS if helpful :D

Last edited:

pawul

Jan 17, 2012
You could try my CM7 kang: http://kan.gd/1h7f

Can i use it on N880 (cdma) ?

Sent from my N880 using Tapatalk

Mithrasx

Jan 19, 2012
Hey... had the same Problems with the CM. I flashed the ZTE Elite Rom (you can get it in the forums).

Now its working like a charm =)

anshullrocks

Jun 5, 2012
Lucknow
You can try Moldovan Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9(MMHMP)
its a gaming rom for blade(means very fast) and works without any lags on my blade(168 mb total ram)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One more question:

No clockwork doesn't change these. Its a gingerbread thing. Go to settings/cm settings/performance/lock messaging app in memory. Enable it. Also try these settings

10% compcache
    JIT disabled
    Dithering enabled
    Allow purging of assets
    Lock messaging in memory
    Heap size 32

Hit THANKS if helpful :D

You could try my CM7 kang: http://kan.gd/1gwb

Thanks, will try to test to create a ext partition and swap and compchache. I think that any rom designed to run on 512mb ram will run ultra slow for 256mb cellphones. Would be nice to have a really clean rom (CM7.1.0 is filled with stuff I dont use).

One more question: