[rom][4.2.1] aokp jb-mr1 [1/22/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
FIRST OFF, ALL CREDIT GOES TO CODEWORKX AND MADMACK FOR THEIR WORK ON T0LTE. THIS ROM IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THEM. GO THANK AND/OR DONATE TO THEM!

OK so there was a request in #attnote2 for some 4.2.1 AOKP. I build AOKP for the Sprint and Verizon GNotes but I'm encountering trouble with those booting for now so I thought I might as well do a build for you guys. Not posting this in Original Android Development yet because I wanted to see what cmenard is going to do. If he plans on maintaining AOKP for you guys im going to ask for this thread to be closed. If not, ill take it from there. Enjoy!

ROM: http://d-h.st/0UP
GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

INSTALL:
- Boot to recovery and make a backup
- Wipe data/cache/dalvik
- Flash ROM
- Flash GAPPS
- Reboot and enjoy AOKP goodness

If you want to return to a 4.1.x ROM after flashing AOKP, flash madmacks restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip AFTER flashing/nandroiding back to your 4.1.x rom. You can get this .zip from his CM10.1 threads.

BUGS:
- Any bugs in your CM10.1 build
- Might get a Setup Wizard FC on first boot. Just sign in later

Thanks to Turilo for testing for me in #attnote2 :)

gemepade.jpg
e8udu8a9.jpg
7a7e8ume.jpg
uzytu4yp.jpg

Last edited:

bmiller62

Mar 14, 2011
Havertown, PA
So far, the ROM seems very stable. It doesn't seem to play nice with Chrome, but I'm going to try to fix permissions and clear caches. Awesome job though....looking forward to future updates.

geech_

Oct 2, 2009
I've noticed Facebook doesn't sync in contact list .. Anyone else having this problem?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

labrazil

Nov 26, 2010
I look forward to CM/AOKP ROM for our devices. But I really enjoy the multiwindow feature. Can we add this feature to the ROM? What about Photosphere, does it exist in this new ROM version? I added a photosphere app and it is just amazing and truly compliments my note 2 very nicely!

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
I look forward to CM/AOKP ROM for our devices. But I really enjoy the multiwindow feature. Can we add this feature to the ROM? What about Photosphere, does it exist in this new ROM version? I added a photosphere app and it is just amazing and truly compliments my note 2 very nicely!

I am not sure Multi window will work with ASOP. It would be nice but not a deal breaker here. Never use it much "recents" works fine for me.

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
Multi Window is built into touchwiz. The chances of it being transferred to asop is very unlikely.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

labrazil

Nov 26, 2010
Multi Window is built into touchwiz. The chances of it being transferred to asop is very unlikely.

So there is no chance of porting the scripts to make the multiwindow into any ROM? I guess if this was the case, we would see MW in many other devices. This is a bumber. Anyone know if someone is working on getting a samsung MW hack to use in any non-touchwiz ROM? I really like the MW feature on this phablet.

djxcee

Oct 2, 2010
So there is no chance of porting the scripts to make the multiwindow into any ROM? I guess if this was the case, we would see MW in many other devices. This is a bumber. Anyone know if someone is working on getting a samsung MW hack to use in any non-touchwiz ROM? I really like the MW feature on this phablet.

I believe there are proprietary files needed to run Multi window. The chances of getting those files are very unlikely since Samsung wouldn't want competitors to have this feature.

I can be wrong. But makes sense.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Not going to happen. Sorry.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

jasaero

Jun 14, 2007
Seems the camera isn't working for whatever reason.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Wiping system and re-installing has got the camera sorta working still slow and image stalls out or causes crashes every so often though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIRST OFF, ALL CREDIT GOES TO CODEWORKX AND MADMACK FOR THEIR WORK ON T0LTE. THIS ROM IS NOT POSSIBLE WITHOUT THEM. GO THANK AND/OR DONATE TO THEM!

OK so there was a request in #attnote2 for some 4.2.1 AOKP. I build AOKP for the Sprint and Verizon GNotes but I'm encountering trouble with those booting for now so I thought I might as well do a build for you guys. Not posting this in Original Android Development yet because I wanted to see what cmenard is going to do. If he plans on maintaining AOKP for you guys im going to ask for this thread to be closed. If not, ill take it from there. Enjoy!

ROM: http://d-h.st/0UP
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip

INSTALL:
    - Boot to recovery and make a backup
    - Wipe data/cache/dalvik
    - Flash ROM
    - Flash GAPPS
    - Reboot and enjoy AOKP goodness

If you want to return to a 4.1.x ROM after flashing AOKP, flash madmacks restore-sdcard-after-downgrade.zip AFTER flashing/nandroiding back to your 4.1.x rom. You can get this .zip from his CM10.1 threads.

BUGS:
    - Any bugs in your CM10.1 build
    - Might get a Setup Wizard FC on first boot. Just sign in later

Thanks to Turilo for testing for me in #attnote2 :)

gemepade.jpg
    e8udu8a9.jpg
    7a7e8ume.jpg
    uzytu4yp.jpg
    Just in case :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2