[Q] Phone Life?

Search This thread

chaosreaper95

Aug 22, 2013
LAX
Hey guys.

i was wondering if someone could shed some light on the EVOs battery life and their experience with it i am currently running a custom rom but it has stock kernal and it runs relatively smooth and just fine but my battery life is always unpredictable. sometimes it will get very hot and last only a few hours while other times it will stay cool and last up to 2 days (extended life battery equipped in phone). so i was wondering if any of you had either a great battery saving and monitor app your prefer to use or some sort of task killer or something of the sorts or just tips and etc in general to help me combat my short charge issue.

thanks in advance!

P.S. i also do about the same thing everyday give or take a few smaller sized apps and always close recent apps regularly.

chaosreaper95

Aug 22, 2013
LAX
In general, the battery sucks.

But try greenify, it seems to help me

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda app-developers app

the OEM battery did indeed suck but this battery does well as long as the phone doesnt get really hot (like at least 90+ degrees farenheit) than it will last for days on end no matter what i do which is kind of strange.

anuttam10

Aug 6, 2013
Indeed, the battery does suck, and greenify does help, but try this battery....
I'm running it and it slightly increases the life by abt 3-4 hrs....
edit: since i'm new to xda, i can't post links, but it's called ec technonology
just search "htc evo 3d battery" on amazon and this should be the second result
;)

chaosreaper95

Aug 22, 2013
LAX
Indeed, the battery does suck, and greenify does help, but try this battery....
I'm running it and it slightly increases the life by abt 3-4 hrs....
edit: since i'm new to xda, i can't post links, but it's called ec technonology
just search "htc evo 3d battery" on amazon and this should be the second result
;)

yeah i got the extended battery for mine and i have not been disappointed but when it all of a sudden gets hot it just destroys the battery. i will have to try out greenify and see if it helps me out!
thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it :)

somekid15

Apr 6, 2013
Im using a 1900mah battery and i just use kernel tuner to underclock both CPU cores to 900mhz,the 2D GPU to 200mhz and 3d to 266mhz, and then I disable vsync..and I get amazing battery (I took my phone off the charger at 78%

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389225375890.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389225375890.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 19

chaosreaper95

Aug 22, 2013
LAX
Im using a 1900mah battery and i just use kernel tuner to underclock both CPU cores to 900mhz,the 2D GPU to 200mhz and 3d to 266mhz, and then I disable vsync..and I get amazing battery (I took my phone off the charger at 78%

Sent from my Evo V 4G using xda app-developers app

i tried the underclocking using kernal tuner but my limited knowledge of kernal tuner made it a little hard so i set to the conserative and powersaver preset a few times but it was too laggy and ran very choppy which i didnt like but on xondemand it works smooth and gives me reasonable battery life so long as it doesnt get hot. im on a 3500mah battery though. and my screen birghtness is about 1/4 of the way up.