[Q] kernel compatible TF300TG

Search This thread

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
There is a kernel compatible with the OMNI 4.4 and the TF300TG?
Most TF300T kernels should basically work for TF300TG too. WiFi might not work right away, but should not be too hard to fix. I am not aware of any kernel or custom ROM supporting radio.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

klikit

Feb 12, 2012
Most TF300T kernels should basically work for TF300TG too. WiFi might not work right away, but should not be too hard to fix. I am not aware of any kernel or custom ROM supporting radio.

Thanks for the info, I tried the OMNI but the WIFI does not work ... it seems that is not enabled ... I can also do without the 3G ... but the WIFI ...

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
Thanks for the info, I tried the OMNI but the WIFI does not work ... it seems that is not enabled ... I can also do without the 3G ... but the WIFI ...
Try my wifimacwriter replacement from this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49546861

Let me know, if it works for you. I can then push my patch out to OmniROM, so you won't have to replace it after each upgrade... ;)

Reactions: klikit

klikit

Feb 12, 2012

Let me know, if it works for you. I can then push my patch out to OmniROM, so you won't have to replace it after each upgrade... ;)

I tried this method but it didn't work, maybe the permissions were set... I don't know...

But I discovered that there's a method to install the OMNI with WIFI working...

first you need to install the stock image, and then install the OMNI without doing the factory reset ... in this way you will get the WIFI working

who can explain me why?

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
I tried this method but it didn't work, maybe the permissions were set... I don't know...

But I discovered that there's a method to install the OMNI with WIFI working...

first you need to install the stock image, and then install the OMNI without doing the factory reset ... in this way you will get the WIFI working

who can explain me why?
Someone mentioned to set the executable bit, so add between push and reboot:
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/wifimacwriter

Well, if you don't do a factory reset, stock ROM probably leaves the right WiFi nvram config file at the right place (somewhere in /data). But it might also leave other configs that break other things.

klikit

Feb 12, 2012
Someone mentioned to set the executable bit, so add between push and reboot:

Well, if you don't do a factory reset, stock ROM probably leaves the right WiFi nvram config file at the right place (somewhere in /data). But it might also leave other configs that break other things.

It probably is... in fact, the camera doesn't work but I don't know if it depends on an incorrect configuration...

I tried this: Google Camera 4.4.2 but does not work the same...

f69m

Feb 24, 2013
Munich
My patch to wifimacwriter has just been merged into OmniROM. With *future* nightly builds WiFi should work out-of-the-box on TF300TG.

Reactions: klikit

klikit

Feb 12, 2012
My patch to wifimacwriter has just been merged into OmniROM. With *future* nightly builds WiFi should work out-of-the-box on TF300TG.

Yes I can confirm this worked with the right permissions...

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb push wifimacwriter /system/bin/
adb reboot

and now everything works, even the camera... The patch isn't available yet in the latest nightly 20140219

thank you very much @f69m :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.