[Q] Nubia Z5s, WiFi Issue, Hardware or SoftWare?

Search This thread

Irfalas

Mar 6, 2014
Hi!

I have posted this message on another thread, but it's important so I create a special thread for it.

Indeed I received my Z5s yesterday and I have 1 week to find out if my WIFI issue is hardware or software. In the case of hardware, I need to send back my phone to china :( .

I received the phone rooted, so if I want to install the last update from nubia (1.30) I have different manipulation to do. Howevver, I am afraid that if I touch the rom, the seller can tell me "you changed the rom, before it was working so it's your fault. we don't give you back the money!".

So I am waiting he allows me to put back the official rom 1.30. By the way if anybody has a good tutorial (in english) about unroot and changing ROM, I would be very grateful :)

There is the description of my WIFI issue:

First (yesterday) I couldn't find any WIFI and then after a factory reset, I could find some wifi but not everything. By example in my laboratory, the general WIFI of the school appears (and is working) but not the wifi of my lab... Anyway I found out than others WIFI were missing too. (Maybe 15 were alright on 20).

Now (today), in my lab, I can't even find 1 WiFi! I have tried the factory reset and it still doesn't work. In the description of the last update (1.30), I found "6. 修复wifi小概率无法打开的问题 = Small probability can not open wifi fix problems".
It looks like my problem fix except that in my case it is not a small probability but it (almost) always happen...

So I need your expert opinion, do you think it is more probably hardware issue or software issue? Does any Z5s owner have this problem (sometimes or alway)? I've bought the phone in Eternal Team on Aliexpress, I don't know what is their custom ROM, did anyone buy the phone there and know what is the ROM ?

Thanks in advance for your help!!