Cannot receive MMS (Cyanogen) Not APN problem..

Search This thread

jpom1983

Jan 4, 2013
I have been having this problem for 6 months, finally its annoyed me to the point of asking for more help. If i take my SIM out of my phone and put it in my wifes, i can get picture messages no problem. if the SIM is in my s4 then i cannot. i will get an error message half our later saying message could not be downloaded.

I have verified my APN information, it matches exactly with what telus says it should be, and with what it on my wifes phone. Ive also talked to telus who couldnt do anything more to help me. everything is good on their end, and like i said it works when my sim is in my wifes phone, and we have the same APN settings.

I would love to be able to get pictures in texts, everyone sends them to me and i can never view them.

another issue is that i canont send picture messages unless i turn off wi-fi. if i dont it wont send and will eventually come back saying ti could not send. if wifi is off, sends no problem. i dont so much care about this one, but if anyone knows...

Thanks in advance!

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have been having this problem for 6 months, finally its annoyed me to the point of asking for more help. If i take my SIM out of my phone and put it in my wifes, i can get picture messages no problem. if the SIM is in my s4 then i cannot. i will get an error message half our later saying message could not be downloaded.

I have verified my APN information, it matches exactly with what telus says it should be, and with what it on my wifes phone. Ive also talked to telus who couldnt do anything more to help me. everything is good on their end, and like i said it works when my sim is in my wifes phone, and we have the same APN settings.

I would love to be able to get pictures in texts, everyone sends them to me and i can never view them.

another issue is that i canont send picture messages unless i turn off wi-fi. if i dont it wont send and will eventually come back saying ti could not send. if wifi is off, sends no problem. i dont so much care about this one, but if anyone knows...

Thanks in advance!

Make sure mobile data is enabled and/or you have your messaging app set to automatically download/enable data for downloads or whatever. MMS can only be sent over mobile data and sometimes it needs to be enabled manually to send and recieve.

jpom1983

Jan 4, 2013
Make sure mobile data is enabled and/or you have your messaging app set to automatically download/enable data for downloads or whatever. MMS can only be sent over mobile data and sometimes it needs to be enabled manually to send and recieve.

its on. internet works, maps work. everything works. except i cant get pics in texts.

axel4401

Aug 23, 2010
Rural Colorado
Two different things have made this happen for me.
1. Adblock plus app
-made mms not with at all
2. Turning on the text with Google hangouts when you initially setup your phone.
-when turned on, messed up all my mms

Check these, how this helps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app