Poor lil galaxy s2 screen broken :( >>>>pics included<<<<

Search This thread

diggedy

Feb 1, 2009
Durham
My personal opinion would be that insurance is valid for as long as you pay the premium and own the phone. Insurance and warranty are two separate things.

Also, although its always recommended to flash stock software, for a hardware damage claim, it shouldn't matter one bit what software is running as its irrelevant to the claim.

Paradoxxx

Aug 14, 2008
Krakow
I have insurance on it but its running HyDrOG3N-ICS :(

should i try my luck or not

So sad... a man as been taken down...

Sent from my i9100. No HyDrOG3NICS? No SWAGG..
paradoxxx_1337

89dogg

Mar 24, 2012
Zürich
it's difficult, but of course possible ;)

compared with the risk to break an iphone it's smaller but every thing can be broken

gazzaman2k

Mar 9, 2003
Leicester
www.gazzasgsm.com
parting the gorrilla glass and the digitizer is more or less immpossible by the average joe and even most phone shops, easier to replace the whole lcd, but tis not cheap a minimum of £120 for sure, my white s2 has a replacement screen in and it doesnt say samsung on it which is quite cool :)

tlc76

Dec 8, 2006
Bucharest
This happened in august 2011 to my S2... and it did cost me 120 euros to get the screen replaced (at the officially-agreed Samsung service).
Look at the leather case (this is the screen side)...:D

Attachments

• IMG_20110812_110754.jpg
    IMG_20110812_110754.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20110812_111953.jpg
    IMG_20110812_111953.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 128

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    jojo2peter said:
    Do you have a "legal liability insurance"?

This insurance pays (for example), if you causes an accident, when you cross the street. I don't know if you have that in your country, but in Germany, everyone gotta have this insurance.

If a friend of you has this insurance, you can simply say, that he "threw" the dumb bell on your "bag" and the phone was inside of it.
    Normally, they can't proof that you did it yourself.

BUT, you need someone, who has this insurance!

//upload the pic on imageshack.us

That's not standard to have in the uk, and insurance fraud isn't to be recommended.

Having contacts in insurance, this isn't the time to make false claims, as they are being ultra vigilant, especially on high value electronics, particularly expensive smartphones...

They became aware too many people were having unfortunate accidents with them, and often investigate those claims.

depends on the company obviously, but beware they can take legal action if you lie in a claim declaration.
    Unlucky. You can get this phone insured with protect your bubble for up to 400 quid for a 5 quid a month. This includes theft/loss. Worth the investment for such an expensive phone. I can send you the details if you PM me your email address.
    What does a case help against a 30kg dumbell? If this thread makes a case for or against cases, it would rather be against. Since no matter what you put it in, if you're exposing it to potential collisions, it's going to crack eventually. I am sorry this happened to you, but things like this are easily avoided by paying attention to your phone and its environment.
    did they tell you how long it will take them to repair?

i've broken my screen also, i've ordered one off fleebay which is yet to arrive, but after opening up the back and removing the main circuit board, i cant see how to remove the screen from the front housing?
    it looks like a different fitting to sgs1 - i.e. the frame doesn't just clip off leaving the screen to be "peeled" away from the main housing.

i could take it to the sammy service center, along with the new screen and see if they can do the repair? and could even re-sell the replacement when it eventually arrives if the sammy service center can have it replaced before my fleebay replacement arrives.

i would prefer to do it myself, - so if someone has any pointers/experience on getting the screen out of the housing - it would be appreciated?

hi, sorry for the late reply i took the phone in for repair on thursday morning and was told it would take upto five working days because they had to order the parts in, i recieved a call monday morning telling me that my fone is now fixed and ready to pickup :)
    new screen has arrived, it does have pre-applied adhesive on the back.

i've stripped my phone down twice now but cant get the current screen out of the frame/case...
    tried heating it up with a hair dryer, but it's still not moving :(
    looks like i'm going to be taking it to my local sammy service center for fitting.

looking really closely at it, there appear to be a few points where you can apply pressure from behind the screen through the frame/housing - the small slots lining the top and bottom of the frame look the best bet for a tool to push/pry the screen off from behind.

if anyone else wants to do a diy repair, i'd recommend getting a screen which comes complete with frame/housing which have just started appearing on ebay - these would be a snap to fit