[Q] help with sch-i545 root mk2

Search This thread

james581

Jan 6, 2014
HUTCHINSON
Have a sch-i545 from verizon.it updated to mk2 . Went to safe strap root it and after if rebooted twice all the phone will do is go to download mode or stay on screen that says firmware has detected issues with software please go to Kies and update firmware. I did many times from different computers and every time it would download and stop and freeze computers. Anyone have any help.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Have a sch-i545 from verizon.it updated to mk2 . Went to safe strap root it and after if rebooted twice all the phone will do is go to download mode or stay on screen that says firmware has detected issues with software please go to Kies and update firmware. I did many times from different computers and every time it would download and stop and freeze computers. Anyone have any help.

Safestrap doesn't root, so there's things that you've done that you're not telling us. How did you root your phone? What else did you do after you rooted?

The "firmware detected issues" usually means that you tried to flash recovery, custom kernel, etc. Did you try to flash custom recovery?

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

How did u root your phone?

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven

james581

Jan 6, 2014
HUTCHINSON
I used get root link. Not safe strap my fault guys. I used Odin 3.7 and the o lyrics thing I did was put the tar.md5. Hit start and it had 1 fail but the phone did reboot twice and now says firmware needs updated.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I used get root link. Not safe strap my fault guys. I used Odin 3.7 and the o lyrics thing I did was put the tar.md5. Hit start and it had 1 fail but the phone did reboot twice and now says firmware needs updated.

I don't really know what's going on here as you're a little confusing but figured I'd chime in here..

If you were on mk2 then you should just rooted the phone using SafeRoot, very easy and reliable and Safe!
Then you should have installed SafeStrap by simply downloading the. Apk file from that thread. Boooom you'd be all set and ready to flash.

None of that requires Odin. Unless I missed the post where you said you were trying to Odin back for a fresh start??!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

james581

Jan 6, 2014
HUTCHINSON
I don't really know what's going on here as you're a little confusing but figured I'd chime in here..

If you were on mk2 then you should just rooted the phone using SafeRoot, very easy and reliable and Safe!
Then you should have installed SafeStrap by simply downloading the. Apk file from that thread. Boooom you'd be all set and ready to flash.

None of that requires Odin. Unless I missed the post where you said you were trying to Odin back for a fresh start??!!

james581

Jan 6, 2014
HUTCHINSON
I used Odin because the get root string wasn't working it rooted phone then after a reboot it rebooted itself twice and went to screen saying firmware issue detected. but I b no longer have that phone I have a replacement one that followed safe root and everything working good to the best of my knowledge. . I am a noob and have a lot to learn. thanks for all the feedback.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Mistertac

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I used Odin because the get root string wasn't working it rooted phone then after a reboot it rebooted itself twice and went to screen saying firmware issue detected. but I b no longer have that phone I have a replacement one that followed safe root and everything working good to the best of my knowledge. . I am a noob and have a lot to learn. thanks for all the feedback.

[/QUOTE]

a sticky thread is set up and is a WIP for S4 people in the general section to assist those who wish to mod their phones

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49335074

Reactions: james581

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why were you in odin? What were you flashing?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

a sticky thread is set up and is a WIP for S4 people in the general section to assist those who wish to mod their phones

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49335074