Where to get a new battery for Xperia ZL

Search This thread

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
Hey guys,

Where is the best place to get a brand new battery for my Sony Xperia ZL. I want genuineuSonyny battery, not a cheapo battery from Hong Kong....ie, eBay. My phone is having random shut offs and it's getting frustrating. I downloaded an app that checked the battery and I can see the battery is the issue. I'm going to call Sony to see if my phone is still undewarrantyty or not. Any info would be great. Thanks

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Heres something REALLY weird I just discovered...

I am having the same problem as you with my ZL. I also have an Xperia T that will not turn on because the battery needs to also be replaced.

I decided to do some messing around with the two devices since the battery connections are the same.

What I did was plug my ZL battery into the T, and it worked perfectly. The phone booted up with no issue. It will even turn off and back on with no issue.

But when I plug it back into my ZL, it will not boot all the way up unless its plugged in.

Now im wondering if the issue really is the battery, or something else....

Im still going to order a replacement and see.

Ive ordered a replacement one for my T, for like 9$ on ebay.

The cheapest Ive found for the ZL, is about 23$. But I can buy one from within my country to avoid the long shipping delay for about 50$...

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
You would trust a battery from Ebay? Would the service center sell me a battery? It does seem like a lot of ZL owners will be having this problem soon since so many bought it when it came out. I've own my ZL for 10 months.

Last edited:

daztd94

Mar 2, 2013
Chicago
I will get this battery and I hope it works. I will see if it works on my other ZL that I will be getting from a person who is having random shutoffs. My other ZL is going to the service center in Texas.

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app