stock jb back to gb

Search This thread

yaniv2203

Apr 8, 2013
hello,
i have i9100t stock israel rom jb, and its pretty cool but the battery issue. only get few hours with it so i want to know if there is a way to go back to gb/ i know it is old but i only want it coz of the battery. so unless someone has an idea how to fix the consumption to a more reasonable consumption i will want to know if it possible to get back to gb. i heard that cf-root is a cool thing so if u can explain it to me it would be great. can i flash only the cf-root? or do i have to flash a rom on it?
as you can see im pretty new at it

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Expect Semi-Offensive Posts

As the title says, several members are mislead by such threads as there are probably thousands of them. I will help you, however, and will potentially receive some extra offense sugar-coated replies as "trying to increase thanks or post meter". First thing, you don't have to root your phone with cf-root, even if you are on stock or custom firmware. Second, you need Odin 1.85 (google it) and extract the files inside the .zip to start flashing. Then, the real part is downloading the Gingerbread firmware for your i9100t (you must search for it). The file is a .tar file which is "flashable" through ODIN. After having all these files (ODIN and GB-ROM.tar), boot into download mode (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button), run ODIN-1.85.exe and connect your phone to PC. Remember to choose PDA on ODIN and browse to the downloaded GB-ROM.tar file to flash it. Un-tick Auto Reboot and flash the firmware. Once the flashing process is complete, power off your device but don't reboot. Boot into recovery mode (Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button) and select Wipe data/factory reset to delete previous system files as you will get a load of "force close"s if you choose to reboot with no wipe. This should have you back on Gingerbread 2.3.x. Good luck