[Q] How do I get the OTA Kit-Kat with a rooted v 4.1.2 ?

Search This thread

alarmpro

Nov 11, 2010
How do I get the OTA Kit-Kat with a rooted v 4.1.2 ? I have SuperSu for the Superuser app and see no option to do a temp unroot (if that will even work for the OTA update).

I have managed to stay out of trouble so far, the OTA update downloads and tries to install - then I get the error "Root suspected" during the beginning of the update process. I can just turn off and on and everything is fine. I would like KitKat, but I'm seeing so many threads saying the At&T Optimus G Pro (E980) with the 4.1.2 ROM is exempt from most of the tricks supplied here for this unit. I don't know how I managed to finally root it, I tried 5 methods then went back to the first one I tried that failed before and it worked the second time. I think it was a wrong ADB version running on my laptop.

Any tried and true methods to get KitKat for this beast and still have root? Thanks.

Reactions: xchn41

alarmpro

Nov 11, 2010
Little more help please...

Flash kk with flashtool and simply root it

Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app

How do I flash the AT&T KK ? Is the official ROM here, or where is it downloaded to the phone so I can copy to SD card or PC?

Just to be sure we are on the same page, you are referring to LG Flashtools, correct?

Please take it easy on this newbie! I don't know all the acronyms, to me there is nothing quite simple about it!

Reactions: xchn41

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do I get the OTA Kit-Kat with a rooted v 4.1.2 ? I have SuperSu for the Superuser app and see no option to do a temp unroot (if that will even work for the OTA update).

I have managed to stay out of trouble so far, the OTA update downloads and tries to install - then I get the error "Root suspected" during the beginning of the update process. I can just turn off and on and everything is fine. I would like KitKat, but I'm seeing so many threads saying the At&T Optimus G Pro (E980) with the 4.1.2 ROM is exempt from most of the tricks supplied here for this unit. I don't know how I managed to finally root it, I tried 5 methods then went back to the first one I tried that failed before and it worked the second time. I think it was a wrong ADB version running on my laptop.

Any tried and true methods to get KitKat for this beast and still have root? Thanks.

Little more help please...

How do I flash the AT&T KK ? Is the official ROM here, or where is it downloaded to the phone so I can copy to SD card or PC?

Just to be sure we are on the same page, you are referring to LG Flashtools, correct?

Please take it easy on this newbie! I don't know all the acronyms, to me there is nothing quite simple about it!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760895