Can we edit build prop to enable download booster.

Search This thread

Soldi3rxx

Oct 9, 2010
Middletown, CT
I was wondering the same thing. Where did u see that line?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Was also wondering if we can get that annoying GPS notification off when you turn on the gps

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
I was wondering the same thing. Where did u see that line?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Was also wondering if we can get that annoying GPS notification off when you turn on the gps

Where is the line? Is it named eons?

warriorpluto

Sep 11, 2008
in the streets racing
If you go into root explorer. Under the Csc folder the feature. Xml file has two lines that says enable wifi 4 large file download=false. Can we make it = true and enable it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks.I was looking at that but didn't know for sure if it enabled download booster

Soldi3rxx

Oct 9, 2010
Middletown, CT
Yeah I changed mine too true as well. Nothing happened. Also went to setting storage and setting db to add wifi Hotspot and download booster under the notification panel but still no go

PuffJr2

May 4, 2013
Yeah I changed mine too true as well. Nothing happened. Also went to setting storage and setting db to add wifi Hotspot and download booster under the notification panel but still no go

what did you use to edit setting db? i cant get it to edit without crashing

vacaloca

Jun 11, 2010
This has been done for a while:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719582

That being said, I skimmed the thread and I don't think the author posted exactly what settings were changed in the corresponding files. Even though it mentions all variants, sometimes the apk's vary between carrier software versions, so if you do intend to copy the files to the corresponding places from the (presumably 2.1 ODEX) zip in the OP of that thread, make sure you make a backup just in case,

Also, realize that you may be at risk to bootloop and unable to access adb if the boot procedure stops early, thus forcing you to reflash the original factory ODIN file, which means you'd lose any data/settings by reverting to factory defaults.

chronicaust

Sep 8, 2013
Moulton
Hey guys I've beetn working on this a little bit. Check out this thread. It looks to be a difference in the services.jar file where the very obviously states "This feature is disabled" multiple times. It's in a folder called SmartBonding.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2695515&page=17

Yesterday I tried changing one file, but I noticed the others have minor differences too. I'm going to try with more of the files replaced today.

joderme

Jun 13, 2010

Did you get the setting.db changes to take? It doesn't look like you did. I haven't been able to get them either.

I have edited it to try to include WiFiHotspot with no luck of the toggle appearing.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Hey guys I've beetn working on this a little bit. Check out this thread. It looks to be a difference in the services.jar file where the very obviously states "This feature is disabled" multiple times. It's in a folder called SmartBonding.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2695515&page=17

Yesterday I tried changing one file, but I noticed the others have minor differences too. I'm going to try with more of the files replaced today.

I have been too - maybe we can put 2 heads together to get it working?

I used all of his files and of course it stuck at boot. I figured it would.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts