[Q] root milestone x

Search This thread

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
ok so i upgraded to the milestone x from the htc heroC. when i got the phone (3 days ago) it was preloaded with:

android version: 2.3.5
system version: 4.5.602.MB809.ACG-CS.en.US
Baseband Version: BP_C_02.12.00R
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-geadffa3mcbk83@il93lnxdroid18 #1
Build number: 4.5.1_57_MX2-32

i have tried everything to root the device to no avail. z4, superoneclick, PetesMotorolaRootTools, MotorolaOneClickRoot by psouzza4, UniversalAndRoot and GingerBreak.

anyone have any ideas?

Better late than never!

I have Cellular South...or C-Spire also, and I just upgraded to the Milestone X from a HeroC as well. I just typed you up this nice and helpful response to help you, but unfortunately, I'm a new user, so I could't post any outside links. IF you'd still like the help, you can email me and I'll send you back the response that I saved. Just put MILESTONE X in the subject line so I won't miss it.

My email is: brandon.smiley@gmail.com

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
I have Cellular South...or C-Spire also, and I just upgraded to the Milestone X from a HeroC as well. I just typed you up this nice and helpful response to help you, but unfortunately, I'm a new user, so I could't post any outside links. IF you'd still like the help, you can email me and I'll send you back the response that I saved. Just put MILESTONE X in the subject line so I won't miss it.

My email is: brandon.smiley@gmail.com

hey thanks for your effort, i did eventually get it rooted.

jvatio

Dec 2, 2010
So did you just create an ADB and root it with that package. Where did you find that package? Any instructions?

It is weird coming from the HTC Hero with tons of information on rooting, etc and coming to the Milestone X where there isn't too much.

What else have you done your Milestone X?

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
So did you just create an ADB and root it with that package. Where did you find that package? Any instructions?

It is weird coming from the HTC Hero with tons of information on rooting, etc and coming to the Milestone X where there isn't too much.

What else have you done your Milestone X?

the root package? lots of searching.... credit goes to whomever created it, i am just glad that they did.

just unzip and run the file, and follow the instructions on screen

Last edited:

lexridge

May 19, 2011
I just bricked my ntelos Milestone X. It had done the OTA 2.3.5 update today, and I tried to sbf back to 2.2. Silly me! Now when I turn it on, all I get is the bootloader screen with a MEM_MAP Blank error. Looks like there is no way to sbf out of this either....presently. Any thoughts?

ngholson

Sep 11, 2010
Biloxi, MS
I just bricked my ntelos Milestone X. It had done the OTA 2.3.5 update today, and I tried to sbf back to 2.2. Silly me! Now when I turn it on, all I get is the bootloader screen with a MEM_MAP Blank error. Looks like there is no way to sbf out of this either....presently. Any thoughts?

can you boot recovery?

EDIT: nevermind silly question.... same thing happened to me... had no choice but to warranty the phone... without a working sbf for the milestone x, that mem_map blank error pretty much means your are fully bricked.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts