[REQUEST] HTC Keyboard (a.k.a HTC IME) for Nexus 5

Search This thread

GreenNGX

Apr 20, 2014
Hi everybody, i just bought a n5 and before n5 i use evo 3d and its keyboard awesome i think im very usual to it. can anybody port htc ime for nexus 5 pls thank you now (sorry for bad english)

ArisenDrake

Apr 2, 2012
Dortmund
This will be pretty difficult because as far as I know the HTC Keyboard relies on some Libaries from HTC Sense which is not open source. So you would have to port these Libs to Stock Android which is difficult without the source code. I had an Evo 3D too and I hated that Keyboard. Try some other Play Store Keyboards (I am using Swiftkey for example). There is a Sense 6 Rom in Development right now (NexSense), but it is a very early alpha with many functions not working.

I think there are some HTC like Keyboards in the playstore too.

EDIT: You can try this port if you want (don't know if it works): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1844512

Last edited:

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Yeah that's right. On the desire, the HTC ime required nothing but from around the time of the sensation, it became framework dependant. I missed the HTC ime so much on my S3, I tried every keyboard on play to find one close to it. Smart keyboard was the closest I found and used it on my n5 too up to about a week ago. The prediction isn't great and it wore me down after about a year but it's worth a try

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk