Samsung s4 i9505 2g not available ???

Search This thread

prd3s

Aug 20, 2014
I bought my used S4 and had problems with network. did a few things and didnt solve problem.

In my country (Bosnia and Herzegovina) 3g network isnt available everywhere, and on places where signal is low i am loosing my network..

In past few days i did and tryed next:

- Rooted
- recovery installed
- installed slimKAT 4.4 and gapps
- installed new baseband
- installed app Network from Play store and set my network to GSM auto (PRL)
- tryed typing secret codes :) to enter networs setups *#*#4636#*#*

and nothing solved my problem to enable 2g network...

When i am using 3g in a place which has good coverage of 3g network everything is fine, no drops... great...

When i maunaly set my network to 2g i lose network nothing happens, emergency calls only...

How to enable 2g?? installing new baseband? which one supports 2g on S4?

prdes

Aug 30, 2014
Solution

After a while it proved that problem is with the base band on the motherboard.

Removed hardware part of the base band , and put another one... it was a bit difficult because from the other side of the motherboard is ROM and because of the heat it removed also, so it had to be glued again.

After a while i installed again SLIMKAT and problems continued.. :) Phone froze, wasnt able to call because ACTIVITY PHONE ISNT RESPONDING, and it froze the phone every few calls, and it had to be rebooted, even that didnt helped sometimes, so batery had to go out.

Wiped Cash Partition, nothing happened, Wiped Cash and Dalwik, nothing happened...

Found somewhere that CONTACT SYNC and Facebook Contact sync disableing will help and guess what, it did...

Disabled all Contact Sync and for now everything is ok...

prd3s

Aug 20, 2014
After a while it proved that problem is with the base band on the motherboard.

Removed hardware part of the base band , and put another one... it was a bit difficult because from the other side of the motherboard is ROM and because of the heat it removed also, so it had to be glued again.

After a while i installed again SLIMKAT and problems continued.. :) Phone froze, wasnt able to call because ACTIVITY PHONE ISNT RESPONDING, and it froze the phone every few calls, and it had to be rebooted, even that didnt helped sometimes, so batery had to go out.

Wiped Cash Partition, nothing happened, Wiped Cash and Dalwik, nothing happened...

Found somewhere that CONTACT SYNC and Facebook Contact sync disableing will help and guess what, it did...

Disabled all Contact Sync and for now everything is ok...

This didnt helped, activity phone still remained...