Votes: 13 100.0%
  • HTC Evo 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kylana0

Feb 11, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm considering getting a new phone and I'd like a 3D one...
I'm considering either the HTC Evo 3D or the LG Optimus 3D and though I read a lot about each phone's specs I'd like to get some of you users opinions about their performance...
Considering that I like to constantly update the latest ROMs including CyanogenMod I wouold appreciate any advice you can give me regarding this LG and any pros cons you can think of...

Thanks in advance to everyone!:)

cool_recep

Aug 30, 2008
Istanbul
Have you even bothered to check the topics on this section?

Let me guide you to some:

70 page full of ghost call thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475351&page=72

Endless ICS waiting thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577017

Huawei is better than LG thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609467

The issues thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600521

The updater and all other LG tools sucks thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423125

And please take your time and check for buggy ICS ROMs. Ooops. There are no ICS rom for Optimus 3D...

The only good thing? Optimus 3D's 3D capability is better than Evo 3D. But You can not use Optimus 3D as a phone :) LOL

Now leave us with our problems here and run away! Please run!

Reactions: jambo21

MANBEARPIG69

Apr 11, 2012
Every phine has their issues but i know of lits if people who prefer the lg iptimus 3d thsn evo

Sent from my LG-P920 using xda premium

Stunningkun

Mar 22, 2012
I'm considering either the HTC Evo 3D or the LG Optimus 3D and though I read a lot about each phone's specs I'd like to get some of you users opinions about their performance...
Considering that I like to constantly update the latest ROMs including CyanogenMod I wouold appreciate any advice you can give me regarding this LG and any pros cons you can think of...

3D phone ... we dont even consider HTC a 3D phone. There are many better phones (non 3D) than O3D but not EVO 3D

Being 3D frame work not open custom development with 3D is not at the highest level and LG firmware have issues.

People are experimenting with firmware of 3Dmax which have basically the same hardware to work on our O3D. If successful you will be holding in your hands one sweet piece of technology.

sak500

Sep 9, 2011
Dubai

As cool_recep pointed out already lots of issues with LG's O3D. Good that you're doing research before buying that's what I do myself. But when the phone is just launched there isn't much information one can get. So i was suckered into buying Nokia N900 and recently O3D.

If i had waited few months like you have done, i wouldn't have made one of the biggest mistakes ever in my electronic purchases in 40 years, of buying this good piece of hardware but with the worst software support and bugs.

So a friendly advice wait just a few more weeks/months to see how the new 3Dmax is doing and if you really want a 3D phone buy it. I wouldn't ever suggest an LG phone ever. Even if it's the last company left making mobile phones i would just keep using my old phone instead of buying anything from LG. This company ignored the whole community of O3D owners for 4 months of constant complaining before even acknowledging that there was some prob like Ghost call on O3D.

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
Apart from ghost calls issue im happy with my O3D.

Sent from my LG P-920 using ghost call method...

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
For 3D capability alone, LG wins hands DOWN! HTCs was headache-inducing. If 3D isn't the primary purpose though, something else may be better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kylana0

Feb 11, 2012
3D phone ... we dont even consider HTC a 3D phone. There are many better phones (non 3D) than O3D but not EVO 3D

Being 3D frame work not open custom development with 3D is not at the highest level and LG firmware have issues.

People are experimenting with firmware of 3Dmax which have basically the same hardware to work on our O3D. If successful you will be holding in your hands one sweet piece of technology.

First of all thanks to you and everyone else who so kindly replied to my thread!Your post made me very curious and interested but im confused regarding which phone you're referring to... I do apologise as i've only started to become interested and to get to know mobile development recently so sorry if its a dum question...

kylana0

Feb 11, 2012
As cool_recep pointed out already lots of issues with LG's O3D. Good that you're doing research before buying that's what I do myself. But when the phone is just launched there isn't much information one can get. So i was suckered into buying Nokia N900 and recently O3D.

If i had waited few months like you have done, i wouldn't have made one of the biggest mistakes ever in my electronic purchases in 40 years, of buying this good piece of hardware but with the worst software support and bugs.

So a friendly advice wait just a few more weeks/months to see how the new 3Dmax is doing and if you really want a 3D phone buy it. I wouldn't ever suggest an LG phone ever. Even if it's the last company left making mobile phones i would just keep using my old phone instead of buying anything from LG. This company ignored the whole community of O3D owners for 4 months of constant complaining before even acknowledging that there was some prob like Ghost call on O3D.

Yeah I do know what you mean buut i also learnt from my mistakes... I've recently bought a samsung galaxy s plus without doing any research about it and i've got to say that i'm deeply dissapointed with the lack of software development available... Not even CM7, CM9 or Miui yet...:mad:
Though i appreciate the efforts of xda's devs who are trying to port it...;)

botson71

Jul 31, 2007
Answering only your title question "Best 3D phone: LG or HTC?", there is absolutely no doubt that the LG is by far the best on 3D.

The HTC 3D is a joke in comparison.

FC360

Sep 4, 2011
I've had a LG P920 since just after release date and have been disappointed until recently. My phone always used to restart at random times when it wasn't being used, performance is a little poor compared to other devices I've had and apps have a knack of either freezing or not working such as the camera. The amount of times I missed a photo opportunity because the stupid camera won't take a picture when I press the button to take a picture. This also causes a problem when I want to use the LED flash as a torch as sometimes the flash just won't turn on.

I went for the LG because it had a slightly better camera on it and as I wanted the phone primarily to take 3D photos and videos it was the better option (I regret it now). I've also found the LG lacks 3D content on it where as the HTC I think has a film download app included on the phone.

So I would recommend not getting a 3D phone, wait for the next generation of 3D phones :

Reactions: kylana0

kylana0

Feb 11, 2012
I've had a LG P920 since just after release date and have been disappointed until recently. My phone always used to restart at random times when it wasn't being used, performance is a little poor compared to other devices I've had and apps have a knack of either freezing or not working such as the camera. The amount of times I missed a photo opportunity because the stupid camera won't take a picture when I press the button to take a picture. This also causes a problem when I want to use the LED flash as a torch as sometimes the flash just won't turn on.

I went for the LG because it had a slightly better camera on it and as I wanted the phone primarily to take 3D photos and videos it was the better option (I regret it now). I've also found the LG lacks 3D content on it where as the HTC I think has a film download app included on the phone.

So I would recommend not getting a 3D phone, wait for the next generation of 3D phones :

Thanks for your replies everyone!!!

I wasn't aware of all these issues with the LG... it's a shame coz from my reasearch it seems to have better 3D capability than the HTC, however, that's not worth much if it keeps letting you down...:(

btw, are there any news of any upcoming 3D phones (or this so-called next generation)?:cool:

That would be really great and I'm aware theres a second model from LG coming out soon, the P720, but not sure when or whether it's really worth waiting; from the specs it seems the only thing improved was the CPU from 1000mhz to 1200mhz...

Maybe it will improve on the issues mentioned by FC360 of features constantly crashing...

All feedback is welcome!

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
o3d's/thrill's hardware is one of the best in dual cores !!

it is the best portable media player i've owned, plays every media file you throw at it !

hdmi out is excellent !

almost everyone complains about the ghost calls/messages, but till now i didnt have a single issue with it (v21d baseband) !

it is just the lack of software support that pulls the optimus 3d back !

but ics has been officially confirmed by lg for the optimus 3d !

even we may get ics when it is released for 3d max :D
which would be much much earlier than the one lg officially releases for the o3d ! ;)

bmar577

Apr 14, 2012
Hamilton

More or less an opinion.

Granted; I've only owned the Optimus, but I've owned many other HTC phones before and many smartphones(apple, lg, samsung, etc)

This LG has satisfied me the most out of everyone I have ever had, why? The price. This phone cost me $200 and I get better performance than some people's $400 phones. If you are willing to pay the extra bit of money, hell, get a HTC. But for $200, the O3D is a great phone. I'm in no way denying the ghost call/ghost sms issue, but I personally haven't experienced it owning this phone since release and using stock roms for most of that time. it's got a decent camera, good 3D capability(despite that not being a remote selling point to me) fast processor, and good build quality. Something I noticed when I pickup up a Samsung device 3 times the cost of mine, is it felt so unbelievably cheap. LG has good build quality from my experience.

Not to say the HTC isn't a good phone, because I've liked every HTC phone I've had too, but for the price an O3D cannot be beat.

cyclonmaster

Mar 27, 2011
cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
As for me with no problem with Ghost call etc, I'd go for O3D. If you have a problem with GB, then stick with Froyo.

I think Chainfire3D cannot use on ICS. If that the case, even if ICS release for O3D, I'll stay with current ROM.

xbsall

Feb 14, 2012
Home
I will tell you what i say to my customers.
If you like 3D its ok.
If you dont care about 3D and not gonna use it buy a Samsung.

Sent from my LG P-920 using ghost call method...

Draegloth

Jan 16, 2007
Budapest
I owe an O3D, and im totally satisfied with the hardware (only custom ROM's can make it work properly and smooth) but if you check strictly the stats EVO got better,
1gb ram over 512
540 x 960 over 480 x 800
1.2ghz over 1ghz
But anyways the 3D world on O3D is way lot better

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you even bothered to check the topics on this section?

Let me guide you to some:

70 page full of ghost call thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1475351&page=72

Endless ICS waiting thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1577017

Huawei is better than LG thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1609467

The issues thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1600521

The updater and all other LG tools sucks thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1423125

And please take your time and check for buggy ICS ROMs. Ooops. There are no ICS rom for Optimus 3D...

The only good thing? Optimus 3D's 3D capability is better than Evo 3D. But You can not use Optimus 3D as a phone :) LOL

Now leave us with our problems here and run away! Please run!