DirectStylus does not work

Search This thread

Matrix_DC

Jul 18, 2007
Brno
I have a problem on Advent Tegra Note 7 when I pull a stylus so I start an application designed for touch pen. Tablet simply does not respond to that, I took a stylus. I tried to restart the tablet. It did not help, just all of a sudden it stopped working.I do not have Root. Android version is 4.3 / JSS15J.15576_311.0064

Does anyone have any idea where is the problem?

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Do you have absolutly no input from the stylus, or is the input not what you would expect? Clarify, please.

Matrix_DC

Jul 18, 2007
Brno
When you pull the stylus away from the tablet, so the tablet does not start the application, which is triggered when the touch pen drawn.

Here is video:

Last edited:

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Ahh, thanks. i think you should return it, your tablet does not even show the additional buttons in the navbar, seems like some sensor or something is broken.
i would suspect a hardware issue!

Matrix_DC

Jul 18, 2007
Brno
I hope it will be just a software bug. As I happened by itself that I launched the application as if it was pulled out (pen), but was still plugged.

Last chance is to do a factory reset, but in that I really want, I do not want to lose data. :rolleyes:

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Just wondering, cause even if you set that nothing should happen when you pull out the stylus, you get the additional navbar buttons.
but in your case.. nothing. i dont think that you can turn those off, so i think it must be an hardware issue that prevents the stylus recognition completly.. =(

gameaddict20

Feb 12, 2014
I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.

Reactions: Matrix_DC

chrnodroid

Feb 19, 2014
I had that problem, try unscrewing the metal end and there is a metal screw inside, either tighten or loosen it and put it back together. Mine would not detect the stylus but when I loosened the screw inside it lined the detection magnets up better and now it works fine.

I have the same problem, but this method doesn't work... I'm sad...
Can anyone help me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.