4) Flash any custom recovery?
I want these things to be clear for me.
Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cyberweasal

Jan 25, 2011
Dover, Delaware
yea

supposedly knox was for making the Galaxy an enterprise level security phone. so WTF is the warranty flag all about? right?

cyberweasal

I don't care about warranty.
I care about my freedom to choose modems and roms and edit my system as I want.
But I see Google android and Samsung in their way to loose more users by their new jails.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
supposedly knox was for making the Galaxy an enterprise level security phone. so WTF is the warranty flag all about? right?

cyberweasal

Well, the knox warranty flag has nothing to do with the phone's warranty. It's purpose is to signal to the knox container that the phone has been tampered with and is no longer able to provide the required security to the phone. Now, since there is no way to reset it like we could 0 out the flash counter with triangle away, it can also allow Samsung to see that your rooted or tampered with your phone so they can deny you warranty service. I haven't seen one post from someone that has been denied warranty service after tripping the knox warranty flag, we just all assume this will be the case since rooting your phone violates your warranty.

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Well, the knox warranty flag has nothing to do with the phone's warranty. It's purpose is to signal to the knox container that the phone has been tampered with and is no longer able to provide the required security to the phone. Now, since there is no way to reset it like we could 0 out the flash counter with triangle away, it can also allow Samsung to see that your rooted or tampered with your phone so they can deny you warranty service. I haven't seen one post from someone that has been denied warranty service after tripping the knox warranty flag, we just all assume this will be the case since rooting your phone violates your warranty.

Eh.... Doesn't your first sentence contradict everything else you said?

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Eh.... Doesn't your first sentence contradict everything else you said?

No, the Knox warranty flag has nothing to do with the phone's warranty only knox's warranty. The later statements were just the way it is. Samsung has never said your phone's warranty is invalid if the Knox warranty flag is tripped. But, if you read their warranty, it does say if you tampered with your phone than your warranty may be void. So, yes, you can infer that a tripped Knox warranty flag also means your warranty is void.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD

chrashduff

Feb 23, 2014
cant wait till someone figures out how to reset Knox..then this will get interesting!!!

No, the Knox warranty flag has nothing to do with the phone's warranty only knox's warranty. The later statements were just the way it is. Samsung has never said your phone's warranty is invalid if the Knox warranty flag is tripped. But, if you read their warranty, it does say if you tampered with your phone than your warranty may be void. So, yes, you can infer that a tripped Knox warranty flag also means your warranty is void.

Sent from my icrap 2 using Tapatalk HD