Reboot loop/reboots no matter what

Search This thread

arolust

Feb 19, 2014
I have searched and have read many of the posts relating to reboot issues. However my problem is a bit harder to fix.

My device constantly turns off then on, never passing "EEE pad" screen.
I can turn off the tablet using power+volup, and I can get white text, and menu with two options via power+voldown.
However choosing either option just does nothing, the tablet simply reboots and continues boot loop.
I have tried placing stock rom on sdcard and booting, still this does nothing.
I have tried APX mode, however I can not get APX mode to turn on at all. I have insured tablet is off, and I it connected via usb cable (one that has worked before), I use the power+volup command, however nothing new shows up in device manager.
and yes "cold booting" does cause the device to just turn off and resume boot loop.

There is a pop or click when ever the device turns itself off.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Use Easyflasher to install TWRP recovery (See my sig for links)

Then flash KatKiss #33 if you want a nice fast stable ROM, again, see my sig

Use a 32bit version of windows for installing the APX drivers from the Easyflasher thread

arolust

Feb 19, 2014
Easyflasher will not work, because as stated my device is not seen by the computer. As in there are NO hardware changes in device manager when trying APX mode. No unknown devices, APX is greyed out, and TF101 is greyed out with no changes.

arolust

Feb 19, 2014
ok, something new to report.

I took it apart, to see if there was some issue, found none, put it back together and now it starts fine.

I have NO idea why, but my problem seems solved.