Freezing/bootloop even after stock RUU

Search This thread

frgntz

Feb 25, 2014
Hello,

I'm running out of ideas to solve my problem with my Sensation, maybe you can help. I was on my beloved ViperS5 ROM and it crashed while browsing due to memory overload or something. After several boot attempts and removing the battery I managed at least to get into bootloader/recovery (ended up with a black screen or freeze 8/10 times). Reinstalled the ROM and it kept crashing at the configuration screen, resulting in a boot loop. So I tried a few other ROM's, exactly the same results.

My last hope was going back to stock using RUU, same problem at the configuration screen, but I managed to boot after few reboots. The phone still crashes after few minutes, when I try to start any app, resulting in a boot loop/black screen/HTC logo freeze. (tried to remove the SD card, it didn't help)

Any ideas how to fix this?

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos
did you leave the device switched off for a long time?
if not do it and then try to switch it on
probably it is still overheated when you are trying to boot it
leave it for 10-15 minutes
best wishes

frgntz

Feb 25, 2014
Maybe it's really damaged from overheat, cause it even crashed in recovery once, so I guess I'm ****ed. I will try to leave it switched off for a few hours, but I doubt it will help. Thanks so far.

frgntz

Feb 25, 2014
Now I get random crashes even in recovery (4EXT, also tried TWRP), I managed to install some custom ROM's, but can't even boot properly after flashing (keeps freezing or restarting in the boot process). My Sensation is JuopunutBear S-OFF, had no problems with flashing ROM's before that. So I guess it is a hardware failure.

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Now I get random crashes even in recovery (4EXT, also tried TWRP), I managed to install some custom ROM's, but can't even boot properly after flashing (keeps freezing or restarting in the boot process). My Sensation is JuopunutBear S-OFF, had no problems with flashing ROM's before that. So I guess it is a hardware failure.

If memory serves correctly you should be able to get a logcat from the phone while its in recovery. it might shed come light on what is producing the failures, but its definitely sounding like a hardware failure. Were you overclocked?

frgntz

Feb 25, 2014
How do I get a logcat?

I'm able to stay in recovery for enough time to wipe data, then it randomly crashes or when I try to flash a rom (-> black screen, remove battery to get it back on).

I couldn't even install stock RUU at the first attempt - freezing the whole installation process. No overclocking, also tried the original battery (bought a new one), with/without sdcard/sim -> still crashing.

Edit: Ok, there's a guide for logcat on xda. I will post results after work as soon as I get back home .

Last edited:

CGYU

Mar 9, 2014
How is your sensation going on?

How do I get a logcat?

I'm able to stay in recovery for enough time to wipe data, then it randomly crashes or when I try to flash a rom (-> black screen, remove battery to get it back on).

I couldn't even install stock RUU at the first attempt - freezing the whole installation process. No overclocking, also tried the original battery (bought a new one), with/without sdcard/sim -> still crashing.

Edit: Ok, there's a guide for logcat on xda. I will post results after work as soon as I get back home .

hello, may i know how is your sensation device condition? recently my device having the same issue as yours and out of idea to solve it. before i send device to repair i hope can get some other solution which i miss. thanks in advance if able to provide further infomation.