2) Format SDHC (use RescoExloerer)

Attachments

• HTC_SDHCsettings.cab
    4.4 KB · Views: 7,452

psargent

Dec 26, 2005
Virginia
@Ivsw,

Is this fix a global fix for mini sd, or is it just if you have a SDHC card? In other words, will it mess things up if you just have a standard 4gb card? My card is pretty reliable right now (with a couple of exceptions here and there) and I don't want to make things worse. Thanks.

lvsw

Sep 12, 2006
@Ivsw,

Is this fix a global fix for mini sd, or is it just if you have a SDHC card? In other words, will it mess things up if you just have a standard 4gb card? My card is pretty reliable right now (with a couple of exceptions here and there) and I don't want to make things worse. Thanks.

For SDHC only

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
1) Setup driver fix (look attach)
2) Format SDHC (use RescoExloerer)

Hm, I may have done it wrong, but it still disconnects the card when the Trinity goes to sleep.

I installed the driver (upon completion of the install it says it may not display properly because it is for a older system, or something like that.)

Then I opened Resco and formatted the card. I thought there was a difference in formatting schemes, but Resco did not offer an option for SDHC formatting, should there have been one? It seems like it's FAT32.

Am I lost and doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

lts

Jul 23, 2005
There is no driver, or any other files, installed by this cab.

It contains registry settings for two keys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDHC and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS

The values that are set are the exact same ones that are the defaults in the first DOPOD GPS enabled test rom, with just one exception being a cache size parameter that is changed from 0 to 4K; that's all.

So installing this cab will not cure the SDHC problems that people, myself included, are having with the DOPOD test rom.

Last edited:

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Thanks its. Bummer:-( I guess I'll have to shelve the 4GB card until someone figures out a fix for this. It sucks:-((((

lts

Jul 23, 2005
Based on my personal experience I definitely wouldn't recommend a SDHC one for the Trinity right now.

Of course the problems with directories appearing empty and the need to reset etc. could be fixed in a later release; but right now, no.

Last edited:

lts

Jul 23, 2005
No; I have a 4GB FAT32 formatted miniSD from Moby Memory, and this one has been working for about a month without any problems.

Just be aware that it is quite slow compared to say a 2GB Sandisk Ultra.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
I guess I am confused a bit here. My Transcend 4GB card arrived as SDHC, and had the disconnect problems in the Trinity (if the Trinity goes to sleep, upon its waking up, the card does not reconnect and it, and all applications and databases residing on it, appear to be missing, until it's taken out and placed back in, or until a restart.)

I formatted the card to FAT32, once in a Casio Exilim camera (USB 2, great to use as a fast card reader:) and once with Resco. Neither had any effect on the disconnect problem.

Is SDHC a different medium, or a formatting scheme, and if a different medium, why am I able to format it as FAT32, and have it still show as 4GB?

The 4GB card itself is working great in two cameras, so I don't think the problem is with it, but rather with the ability of the Trinity beta ROM to handle it. Hopefully HTC will fix it in the final ROM, or someone more knowledgeable than me will come up with a solution.

In the meantime, I've gone back to a 2GB card, which works just fine, but it is way too small to hold all the stuff I need it to hold.

NLS

May 27, 2005
Piraeus
www.ilogic.gr
SDHC has a different internal protocol, a different microcontroller AFAIK. No different format (format just follows the normal "mass storage" guidelines) or real hardware (in the sense of using different kind of transistors or something).

Why wouldn't it be formated as FAT32 and show as 4GB?

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
O.K., thanks. I think I get it, sort of.

Would it matter at all to stability, if the 4GB SDHC card is formatted FAT or FAT 32, or any other parameters are changed?

I guess I am puzzled at what might be the causing the post-sleep "disappearing files/card" problem. It seems like a software glitch, and I am wondering if a different formatting scheme might help?

greatsokol

Jul 14, 2005
My trinity can't find 4 Gb SDHC card after this patch was aplied. What should I do to fix it?

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
If your card is corrupted, you may need to reformat it. That happened to me too. I'm going to try and format the card in a newer camera that supports SDHC.
It works! I went to the local camera shop and inserted my Transcend 4gb miniSD card and formatted it. Now my Trinity can read it again. I'm going to stick with my TopRam normal 4gb until this file dropping issue is solved.

greatsokol

Jul 14, 2005
I've formatted my card in camera abd this helps. But this card doesn't work for trinty anyway :(