[Q] Stock swype keyboard

Search This thread

memetix

Nov 24, 2013
I'm on DST.Odexed 98.30.1, and i want to get the original stock swype keyboard - with the navigation arrow keys. I have a back up of the stock rom with the swype keyboard and i have extracted it but cant find any swype apk in there.

Can anyone help with finding the apk and/or installing? I have tried the one from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1705258 but it doesnt seem to have the arrow keys. i have also tried the google 4.2 one and kii but dont like them as much as the stock one.

SARM1084

Feb 20, 2013
I think its under vendor

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I love this keyboard also, for the same reason you stated, the arrow keys lol. Swift Key keyboard is the only other keyboard with arrow keys on it that I could find. But I prefer Swype.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Yep, I just checked again and it's there. Use a file explorer and navigate to device/ vendor/app/Swype.APK! Hope you find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: memetix

memetix

Nov 24, 2013
Thanks all, i found my old swype and also tried downloading the one provided here, but keep getting message "unfortunately swype has stopped".

Not sure why, do i also need the swype installer app? or maybe its not installing correctly for some reason...? [sorry im a noob]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think its under vendor

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I love this keyboard also, for the same reason you stated, the arrow keys lol. Swift Key keyboard is the only other keyboard with arrow keys on it that I could find. But I prefer Swype.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Yep, I just checked again and it's there. Use a file explorer and navigate to device/ vendor/app/Swype.APK! Hope you find it.

I hope this works for ya...
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D495BA094E4C4F4D!528&authkey=!AO6DpUcJyVqIRwY&ithint=file,.apk
    Edit: I just tried to down load it on my phone...it downloads it as a .zip... I used Es file explorer and changed the .zip to .apk and it installed fine
    Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app