D802 How to unbrick?

Search This thread

legions91

Feb 15, 2014
Hi, I've got a HUGE problem.
Today I decided to root my G2 d802 (european free distribution) and flash a CM rom.
After cleaning dalvik and factory reset i tried to flash this rom but Status 7 showed up.
So, I tried to launch G2 and find a solution for it but it started to boot loop.
Okay.
Even worse, (don't ask how, but it wasn't me!) there PROBABLY was format /system,,
After that my G2 stucks on LG logo and nothing else happens. No loop no anything. I can only go into recovery while seeing white screen asking if I agree to do format. Everytime, but it never boots normally, it's always stuck.
So, what can I do?
I can't access the phone from my computer while beeing in the recovery (it appears as a device, but i cannot access it..).
I can only use recovery

LG G2 D802
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.4

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.
Help me, please! How can I unbrick my G2?!

So I tried to flash Stock rom, but when in download mode G2 isn't considered as plugged into a computer. LG Mobile Support Tool can't find the device... Any help?

Last edited:

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Hi, I've got a HUGE problem.
Today I decided to root my G2 d802 (european free distribution) and flash a CM rom.
After cleaning dalvik and factory reset i tried to flash this rom but Status 7 showed up.
So, I tried to launch G2 and find a solution for it but it started to boot loop.
Okay.
Even worse, (don't ask how, but it wasn't me!) there PROBABLY was format /system,,
After that my G2 stucks on LG logo and nothing else happens. No loop no anything. I can only go into recovery while seeing white screen asking if I agree to do format. Everytime, but it never boots normally, it's always stuck.
So, what can I do?
I can't access the phone from my computer while beeing in the recovery (it appears as a device, but i cannot access it..).
I can only use recovery

LG G2 D802
CWM-based Recovery v6.0.4.4

Sorry for bad english, not my native language.
Help me, please! How can I unbrick my G2?!

There is a way to probably fix it but if you cant just put your phone in the water till it breaks and use your warranty to get another one thats what I did with my D801 when it bricked

legions91

Feb 15, 2014
There is a way to probably fix it but if you cant just put your phone in the water till it breaks and use your warranty to get another one thats what I did with my D801 when it bricked

Nevermind. It came back to boot loop, so it's not bricked.
But i've got some problems.
Mainly - i still can't access my phone through my computer.
When i try to flash Stock Rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476 this thread) i recive: http://i.imgur.com/ijSgtwp.png - screenshot from Device Manager when in download mode: http://i.imgur.com/kMLCW7t.png and when in recovery: http://i.imgur.com/wGU6qnz.png
So we're back into boot loop.
Any help? Please?

legions91

Feb 15, 2014
The problem is, because of a tutorial on my local Android site which tells how to unloop boot in G2 I've got TWRP now instead of CWM (it was about access to terminal something and writing a command, but it didn't do ****, but it seemed to work for few people), and it would be fine, but... now computer doesn't recognize my phone. Unidentified Devices: LG G2-D802, so I can't access sideload...

legions91

Feb 15, 2014
Can you attach an otg card reader or flash memory stick from recovery?

I've got OTG Cable (bought for my Nexus 7) somewhere, but none of above.

LOL NEVERMIND
Becouse I had nothing to lose i decided to try to flash CM and it worked.
CWM couldn't flash it for 5 times, TWRP did it immediatly.
Topic closed, thank you for your responses.

Last edited:

rastigo

Apr 28, 2013
Pune
You need to first download the kdz and lg flash utility with drivers.
Install drivers
The factory reset deleting system, cache, internal sd.
Then shutdown your g2.
Start to downloaded mode connecting your g2
Flash kdz & voila... Done
I too bricked my phone before. My flashing stuck at 49%. Recovered using above method, all is well now
This works 1000%. I bet on it. Just remember to wipe the phone completely before flashing. You will return to stock with unrooted status in download mode. U will have your warranty back too

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app