I got Whatsapp workin' on my WiFi Tab, I guess?!

Search This thread

sanriver12

Mar 4, 2011
I am really new to this, I have just recently purchase a Galaxy Tab 10.1 wifi only (model : GT-P7510) using build Android version 3.1

I have downloaded the .apk file and try to install it on my Galaxy Tab, I am able to successfuly install the file but I am not able to run the application, getting error "We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try it again. (Note: tablets are currently not supported).

I can see the previous posting suggested using Titanium BackUp for Whatsapp and transfering to the phone, (if i am not mistaken, that will means rooting the phone, is there any option that doesn't require rooting the phone?)

Please advise, what can I do to use Whatsapp on my Galaxy Tab 10.1

Many Thanks in advance.

- To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's own life.

unistall, delete whatsapp folder and install again

tonidavid5

Nov 24, 2010
I solved the contact name / phone number synchronization problem by going to whatsapp settings --> More --> Show all contacts (mark it to 'yes')

Cheers

sonus

Jan 25, 2007
I got it working through another method..
But just nativly installing whatsapp, after using a certain modem.bin

It also enabled text messaging on the tab..

Thanks, needed this as my tablet is Android, but my phone runs WP7. So I can not use the backup/restore method. My issue is in what directory do I place the modem.bin file on the tablet?

antonywan

Jun 20, 2008
Whatapps is works!

I can use my whatapps in Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi
What you need?

a) Both devices have Titanium Backup Pro
b) 2 Phone No. ( one no. cannot use at both device)

SIMCARD Device:
First, clean up and uninstall whatapps program in your SIMCARD device
At usual , insert the simcard(No.) that you want use in 10.1 wifi
install whatapps as usual, get the sms(code) and key in
get a freshcopy of whatapps, and use Titanium Backup Pro
you will get 3 whatapps backup files at /sdcard/TitaniumBackup

1) com.whatsapp-XXXXXXXXXXXX.properties
2) com.whatsapp-XXXXXXXXXXXX.tar
3) com.whatsapp-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.apk

then copy it to computer for reserve

Uninstall whatapps & clear whatapps data in simcard device, take out the simcard

Tab 10.1 WIFI:
Copy those 3 files to /sdcard/TitaniumBackup, use Titanium Backup restore APP+DATA

Now you can use whatapps in Tab 10.1 WiFi with wifi connection.
&
DONTX10 .....STUPID to use Same Phone No. in both Devices & I also not suggest update your whatapps in Tab 10.1 WiFi

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
how can this be accomplished if my tab is not rooted? its mandatory it remains stock. any help appreciated. thanks :)

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
that's a very helpful reference. but now that i read it requires whatsapp to be running exclusively only on one device per phone number, i will work on this when i get another number then. thanks!

moaustin316

Aug 28, 2012
that's a very helpful reference. but now that i read it requires whatsapp to be running exclusively only on one device per phone number, i will work on this when i get another number then. thanks!

I used my work phone number as my second number. I then synced my contacts from my phone to my tab and I was able to add my tablet to group messages. Whatsapp looks real good on the tab.

CGtts

Feb 17, 2013
Bfd
text from tab

Awesome idea! Now if only someone could figure out how to get SMS from my phone onto the tab, that would be dope!

Try Mightytext, its a free app from the play store. Two apps, one for your phone and one for the tab.

I have this installed on my S3, Tab 10.1 & Chromebook and works great on them all. Texts come through instantly.

Chromebook version is available for Google chrome from the chrome store.

Reactions: aatze78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Since I was (very) disappointed that Whatsapp couldn't be used on my Tab (10.1 WiFi), I couldn't stop thinking about how to get this thing working after all. This morning I had a brainwave, but didn't think too much about it, since I guessed I couldn't be the first one thinking about this?! But after searching the forum this afternoon, I actually couldn't find any post mentioning what I just did. But I must admit, my search-qualities may lack (as does my English)... :eek: So sorry if this is already well known / spoken of.

I couldn't get Whatsapp installed on my SGT the normal way(s), so what I now did was Titanium Backup Whatsapp on my Phone (where I was already using it), copy that Titanium Backup files into the Titanium Backup folder on my SGT and then restored that App+Data for Whatsapp on my SGT.

Now it did install on my SGT and when I sent a message to someone, it arrives immediately! :D

Only thing is the message history on my Tab+Phone isn't synced (of course) and if someone sends me a message it only arrives on my Tab. It arrives on my phone again as soon as I power down my Tab (or when I would kill the Whatsapp app that's running in the background on my Tab I guess).

Again, I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before. I hope this information can be of use for some of us!
    This worked for me, 2 different numbers. Dont need root either.

[HOWTO] Install Whatsapp working On Nexus 7! [1/03/13]

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2061176
    text from tab

Awesome idea! Now if only someone could figure out how to get SMS from my phone onto the tab, that would be dope!

Try Mightytext, its a free app from the play store. Two apps, one for your phone and one for the tab.

I have this installed on my S3, Tab 10.1 & Chromebook and works great on them all. Texts come through instantly.

Chromebook version is available for Google chrome from the chrome store.